Keeping autos small

rolio

So I have a couple of auto seeds left over that I wanna throw in the garden

Im not looking for big yield, just wanna grow them and get a few smokes out of it. By not looking for big yield, I mean I wanna keep them reeeally small for stealth. 

Would putting them in 3l pots make them root bound and stunt their growth? Or would I need something smaller? I might even try pot noodle pot as the size of the plant in those comps look about what I'm after 

• Like 2

Why not stick them in slightly bigger pots and prune them to the size you want? Not usually the done thing with autos but then you're not bothered about yield. A pot noodle pot in a heat wave would probably need watering twice a day. 

• Like 3

This is a SS Panty Punch in a 2L pot, just about finished with stretch. She's 45cm from soil to tip. Excuse the dust, she got some thrips so I gave her a dousing with the neem leaf powder. 

large.Compress_20230527_090442_2022.jpglarge.Compress_20230527_090443_3960.jpg

I reckon she's a bit lanky as well as she's just on a windowsill, so outdoors in full sun I doubt yours will get any taller. 

E2A, if you plant them near one edge of the pot and then bend them over 90° at the base when they first push out pre flowers you'll get a nice squat bushy plant. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, Idicanna jones said:

@MindSoup she was a crazy little bastard. Hands down the best looking plant I've grown in the garden 

What did she give your jar ?

Edited by Rhubarb & Flustered
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Idicanna jones said:

@MindSoup she was a crazy little bastard. Hands down the best looking plant I've grown in the garden 

Looks nuts for a 1l pot!! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Idicanna jones said:

Candy dawg auto in a 1l pot. Go get em tigerlarge.DSC_0317_copy_2250x3000.jpglarge.DSC_0318_copy_1800x2400.jpg

Looks amazing. 

Stunning plant form a 1lt pot.

Really puts puts me in the mood to try one in a small pot, just to see how it turns out.

Might just pop one on the window sill today for the fun of it 

• Like 4

Got two 4lt pots washed and ready to go, for my small plant experiment. 

Going with cbd blackberry kush from dutch passion.

Cbd purple kush, seedsman.

Should be fun.

On 27/5/2023 at 0:04 PM, Idicanna jones said:

Edited by Celtic voyager
Spelling
  • Like 2

I recommend topping each auto once it reaches five nodes, cut back to three. That will help control height and make the plants bushier. You can even root the tops and get a couple of auto clones on the go. :yep:

• Like 2

Well.

That's the new batch for this year dropped into their pots, their gone into the little greenhouse. 

So hopefully in the next 5 to 7 days, they should be sprouting. 

It's been fantastic weather here the last week and a half, with the coming week promised just as good, so it should help them along nicely. 

• Like 3

On 27/5/2023 at 0:04 PM, Idicanna jones said:

Candy dawg auto in a 1l pot. Go get em tigerlarge.DSC_0317_copy_2250x3000.jpglarge.DSC_0318_copy_1800x2400.jpg

Hi indicanna Jones 

What the largest pots you use for your autos.

Really impressed with what your achieving with the small pots, I'm thinking that's the route I'll go down next year.

Would 6.5lts be large enough for autos??