Mouse in a field 2023

AnonyMice

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bastard cat got 7/10 plants.. stupid me same mistake. All beans germinated in the garden now so long as I have a cat..

3 Hollands Hope remain that I’m keeping a special eye on.. cats took out 17 plants on me this year.. that’s just madness & stupidity on my part.. 

anyways I got these 3 in the wild. One broke while transporting them leaving just 2 true leaves.. planted it anyways might regrow. Took the top part to try and root at home - so nothing lost yet lol 

large.2FF4DE9A-5677-4BD5-A30F-60B456893654.jpeglarge.346E277E-1E3F-4C0E-88CB-40224D52243B.jpeglarge.EA2A1C2A-0F21-475A-997B-886064B81139.jpeg

Using hay as a mulch this year.. this little spot is in a fox glove field. Vegetation was much taller than me, the soil absolutely brilliant… I dug out holes by hand and deep ones too. Really loose soil. Need to do my research into soil types for fox gloves, could be completely wrong for canna but texture wise brilliant.. 

large.430E4ACD-32E5-4E76-B35A-1CBB4F035DAB.jpeg

Edited by AnonyMice
  • Like 7

large.049F288D-E88A-413E-B6FC-9C4F1DCBAF5C.jpeg

This is the cutting I took home.. I soaked some compost and stuck her straight into it. Can they regrow like that? 
also do I put it in shade or full sun? 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, AnonyMice said:

do I put it in shade or full sun

Don't put it in the sun mate, indoors on the window cill and in a prop if you have 1..then the bastard cat won't eat it either.. high humidity low light until it roots :yep:

• Like 3

Just now, AnonyMice said:

@Revive sweet mate thanks. Will move it in morning Cba doing it now lol high humidity island working in my favour this time 

Get it in a prop mate or at least a cloche of some sort :yep:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AnonyMice said:

Is that for humidity mate? Reckon be alright to morning? 

Yes mate.. you should have really prepped the cutting  nice clean cut just below or through a leaf node, removed and trimmed some leaves and so forth, did you just push it into moist compost mate?

• Like 3

Just pushed into moist soil mate.. today I removed some old leaves lol should have done my research first 

• Like 2

Buy that basterd Cat some other plants to hang out with please lol

And when you want to take clones, best to get some rooting gel/powder and a few plugs (eazyplugs or rootplugs work best in my opinion).

Use a little dome to keep humidity high and almost 100% succes rate.

Glad you have a few ladies left mate, keep them green!:hippy:

• Like 2

There’s still some hope left lol I dunno about the  cutting (broken plant) Can’t really tell if there’s new growth yet
Keep them green I will mate! :) Maybe purple

cats made me even more determined lol 

Edited by AnonyMice
  • Like 1