Athena nutrients

UKsFinest

20 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

1) It is super clean to work with and dissolves very very well....but let's be fair.....the extremely expensive and easily made cleanse has a lot to do with it.

2) Absolute banjax and why they brought out the fade.....Have you run the numbers yourself ?

Transition and ripening where out to over 20ppm imho.

3) It has an obscene amount of potassium in it....with the wrong strain you will find this out really really quickly.

From someone that has thousands of hours growing with it lol.....Id be careful taking advice from the reps as they are clueless  

(Just friendly banter)

Oh what you say is true on point 1, i've probably ranted about that incoherently! It seems i'm late on this bandwagon and there have been a few revisions, with the pro line and fade being the latest and greatest re-iteration! 

I cant remember his name but one of the guys who helped formulate them for Athena, was talking to Jungle boys on the We the growers podcast and explaining why they instruct you to drastically reduce nitrogen during flower, the core has low levels and some growers were experimenting with lowering it below recommended guidelines, thus they saw a need and brought out Fade. 

About potassium thanks for that, first time i've heard it so will watch out! Maybe I'm just brainwashed but some of the biggest growers in the world are choosing it and as i said i know one of them, they have the certificates and bud to prove it works... 

Of course I'm purely saying what I've learned from reading about other experts experience... i'm just starting my own grow with it, after going deep down the living soil route for the last year or so.

54 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

Amazes me how a newer company starts off after research costing “tens of millions” before they trade lol maybe Monsanto will buy them out or maybe they already invest. Personally I use TA seeing they one of the oldest companies going nutrient wise. They also have morals 

Sorry maybe I explained that badly. They work in collaboration with some huge grow operations, probably billions of dollars per annum of weed grown between them, contributing to their data. They work closely with them to see what works and what doesn't, and refine their product, so actually I dare say they have billions of dollars worth of research under their belts, but in a way which didn't cost them a billion dollars because of the win win situation! 

I'm very confident I'm close to totally correct on all of the above, I've researched like a mad man for the last few months as I transition over to the system, but I don't rule out the possibility I'm wrong, I just don't think it's likely but at worst its over priced. For my first few chemical grows I'm happy to have the cookie cutter system!

Just now, ExpatGrower said:

Maybe I'm just brainwashed but some of the biggest growers in the world are choosing it - no.....they just tell you they use it lol I know of at least one operation that has one Athena room just for instagram and the rest is white lablel....talk to the guys who work the rooms....not the guys selling you the product!

• Like 4

Just now, zen-ken said:

Oh I could believe it, but I do marketing for one of the big companies in Thailand with access to their grow rooms and it's their master growers telling me to convert since a year now! lol. Just a small sample i know!

• Like 1

Jungle boys maybe used to say that veg+bloom and how economical it was . Tried it myself was ok used more than other lines and it cost 1/3 more irc . Then the jungle lot do Athena they say wherever they are given is good. As for Bruce I wonder how much his endorsements are. Athena I looked into and the sales rep was lol as I’ve said elsewhere if your happy with what you run what else matters. I’ll stick to me cheap and cheerful and probably longest on the market stuff and a company that turned down lots of money and rebranded after a huge Scott’s buyout in USA where everyone says something for a price . 
So do you do marketing for Athena in Thailand or another company ? or do the Athena growers tell you to use Athena ?

Edited by Arthur Mix
Added question
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

Then the jungle lot do Athena they say wherever they are given is good.

Athena and Jungleboys brand are owned by the same parent company, they used to own Luxx too before Scotts group bought it iirc.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I would like to add this post and what several members have said..... @GSZZ being one of the first to say it...

Athena themselves have come out and warned home growers  that you shouldn't try to 'follow the program' unless you are using facility like conditions.

The main reason being, 3EC, is achieved by CO2 and heat being carefully controlled.......dry backs and EC basically automated and computer driven in rock wool

I have found my latest run of plants are just not up for being fed like the last few runs.......some of this is down to genetics obviously (nothing else has changed)

I had been pushing them around at 1.6EC just to see what they could take.....slightly burned tips, they didn't drink properly and the PH swing was in the wrong direction....all told me, I should back off. 

They can take it now at week 3/4...but the point remains that any further and I would have had a lockout on my hands.

I find you can push Athena a lot harder than I could bottled nutrient brands and Im only gonna change to a cheaper powder when and if I do.

(I am in RDWC remember so my numbers are usually in the 1.2 range...thats nearing a 30% increase in overall EC I can achieve with Athena)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My mate runs it swears by it says it’s the bee’s knees he gets good results so again I think what works for you and your setup environment and all the other stuff. Because I get some nutrients at less than half price he ran them and said he got better results with Athena but that’s with his set up.peace Goohfy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2023 at 7:33 PM, Arthur Mix said:

Amazes me how a newer company starts off after research costing “tens of millions” before they trade lol maybe Monsanto will buy them out or maybe they already invest. Personally I use TA seeing they one of the oldest companies going nutrient wise. They also have morals 

Interesting never thought about how moral the company is I bet my lights fucking hell nearly everything is not morally made nice one bro.What is it they do brother.peace Goohfy.