Athena nutrients

UKsFinest

Hi guys I got a DM on insta from this company and they asked if I'd like to sample some of their nutrients,

I said yes gave them a safe addy and they kindly sent me their whole blended lineup I'm talking 10 1 gallon bottles of nutrients for free..

absolutely gobsmacked, I'll be doing my next diary with em and see how it goes does anyone here use Athena? 

• Like 6

I’ve run it once as was a freebie wouldn’t pay the extra to use it again only benefit I found was running multi strains e everything was fine on same feed . 

thread here mate.

• Like 2

Athena is no better or worse than any other nutrient, its just not got the water in it lol infact, half of what made Athena popular with "growers" in the first place wasn't anything to do with the nutrients (although they'd have you believe it was) and more to do with the fact they printed how to irrigate plants correctly on the bags. Never underestimate a "growers" ability to fuck even the simplest of things up lol

p.s don't use their EC numbers, stick to the normal 1.2 - 1.6 EC range. No one should be stacking pore water EC like that without measuring equipment.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, GSZZ said:

Athena is no better or worse than any other nutrient, its just not got the water in it lol infact, half of what made Athena popular with "growers" in the first place wasn't anything to do with the nutrients (although they'd have you believe it was) and more to do with the fact they printed how to irrigate plants correctly on the bags. Never underestimate a "growers" ability to fuck even the simplest of things up lol

p.s don't use their EC numbers, stick to the normal 1.2 - 1.6 EC range. No one should be stacking pore water EC like that without measuring equipment.

Blended has the water in it. 

Yeah...I use Athena....have done for over a year now.

The profile is fucking perfect and the only thing that comes close you need to import from the states (jacks, master blends new cannabis feed, GH pro line, rare dankness powders etc) (custom hydro also do a white label Athena clone with all the minerals in the bloom formula so you can use any cal nit you like)

Fucking love the stuff....don't get problems with rust and the fade was the missing jigsaw piece.

I only use the pro, stack (roots and spray), balance (very rarely), fade, cleanse and shit ton of nitric acid.....the blended line is for noobs

(I can also show you how to make the cleanse and balance  and what to replace stack with- science for hydroponics) 

I do however disagree with the numbers....I use it @ 1.5 EC in RDWC with a shit ton of aeration (translation into normal use would be 2.5- 3EC)

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 7

I think the main points of athena is to be using the powdered version as you only use 2 parts for veg or flower instead of 10 bottles with the blended line.. I have mates who use it with r/o water with drippers and they love the fact the nutrient tanks are totally clean with no scum or salt build ups.. They are in close contact with the rep whos always giving them different mix rates which theyve found to be better then the standard and they use it to the their recommended EC levels,, their also getting more yield wise as well

• Like 2

Not sure about the nutes but their YT channel has started a series with Bruce Bugbee which is pretty dope.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/22/2023 at 10:42 PM, GSZZ said:

I'd not agree with this for the following reasons!

First of all to say why I believe I can answer this accurately... i've watched probably over 100 hours of videos of people talking about using Athena at their award winning facilities. Then directly one of South Thailand's largest facility master growers has been raving about it to me, and explaining why it's better than living soil (which i was obsessed about).

So the reasons why it's actually better than most!

1) Super dissolvable and clean, which is apparently one of the reasons you can push it such high ec, because it has less impurities and the chelated nutrients dissolve perfectly. 

2) They have formulated the bloom to have the very bare minimum of nitrogen, specifically to increase the THC, not actually directly to clean up the taste since the flush does that. 

3) I do partially agree with you, but keep in mind, they did indeed do tens of millions of dollars of research (indirectly), by having the best growers in the world formulate the guides they have on the bottles and their websites. They have come up with precise instructions, how to grow like the industry titans do, but these instructions only work properly when using their nutrient formula. You may get similar results with others but wont be as good... So that's the bottom line! You can of course use any line, figure out the pieces of the puzzle yourself, or use Athena, follow their step by steps for fire results, and probably have a cleaner product, also cause of their excellent flush guide, and the fact the nutrients so clean.

I'm super excited to be growing with it! 

Amazes me how a newer company starts off after research costing “tens of millions” before they trade lol maybe Monsanto will buy them out or maybe they already invest. Personally I use TA seeing they one of the oldest companies going nutrient wise. They also have morals 

• Like 4

I'll stick with Arjans salty powders for the time being i think , seems to work for me and my stupid soft water.

Bit cheaper than athena too.

:yinyang:

• Like 3

@BilgePump I think TA dry part is cheaper than arjans. Only reason I not try greenhouse is arjan lol the two part dry part works really well just needs tepid warm water to dissolve quickly sometimes. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, ExpatGrower said:

1) Super dissolvable and clean, which is apparently one of the reasons you can push it such high ec, because it has less impurities and the chelated nutrients dissolve perfectly.  

2) They have formulated the bloom to have the very bare minimum of nitrogen, specifically to increase the THC, not actually directly to clean up the taste since the flush does that. 

3) I do partially agree with you, but keep in mind, they did indeed do tens of millions of dollars of research (indirectly), by having the best growers in the world formulate the guides they have on the bottles and their websites. They have come up with precise instructions, how to grow like the industry titans do, but these instructions only work properly when using their nutrient formula. You may get similar results with others but wont be as good... So that's the bottom line! You can of course use any line, figure out the pieces of the puzzle yourself, or use Athena, follow their step by steps for fire results, and probably have a cleaner product, also cause of their excellent flush guide, and the fact the nutrients so clean.

I'm super excited to be growing with it! 

1) It is super clean to work with and dissolves very very well....but let's be fair.....the extremely expensive and easily made cleanse has a lot to do with it.

2) Absolute banjax and why they brought out the fade.....Have you run the numbers yourself ?

Transition and ripening where out to over 20ppm imho.

3) It has an obscene amount of potassium in it....with the wrong strain you will find this out really really quickly.

From someone that has thousands of hours growing with it lol.....Id be careful taking advice from the reps as they are clueless  

(Just friendly banter)

• Like 5

It flooded the UK commercial market a couple of years ago,guarantee if you bought any bud in that time you will have had it.

Dealer weed sucks, make of it what you will

Atb,Anarchycamp

• Like 1