Autos - which ones?

smoke75

I'm getting things ready for a grow and wondered what everyone's thoughts are on what I should go for.

I'll be getting 3 autos and I'm looking for a high THC content, quick flower and harvest (harvest in no more than 11 weeks) and something that doesn't grow too high (1-1.2m max).  My last grow included RQS Creamatic, Gorilla and Cookies, all came out well; I would need to look at my previous diaries to see what else I've grown.

The medium I use is PM Soil Supreme (or whatever it is now called) and I plant straight into final tubs (15l) with a few granules where the seed is dropped.  Nutes tend to be light and are PM organic bloom, usually I find I don't need to add veg nutes.

Things are kept pretty simple and they seem to have worked so far.

When things get up and running I intent to start a fresh diary.

• Like 2

Fastbuds gorilla cookies is strong and produces some huge buds, only grown them once but ordered some more before they finished as the size of the buds was insane. I thought they were near finishing but they’d only just started! Well worth a go.

• Like 1

Any! They're all a gamble for the most part. 
I've had some great results with Seedstocker gorilla glue, gelato 41 and GSC. Also strawnana from Fastbuds. And currently having some really nice growth on some unknown mephistos. But they're not even flowering yet, and well, unknown.

Edited by Lubdub
  • Like 1

I second the Fastbuds Gorrilla Cookies, didn't smell much growing but put out a fair whiff when drying. Pretty strong too.

For yield, compact size and speed though, I haven't seen any better than Sweet Seeds Gelato. I remember coming home from work and thinking 'fuck me! What happened while I was out?' 

I hear that some of the Pyramid Seeds autos are pretty decent too but haven't tried them.

5 hours ago, smoke75 said:

I'm looking for a high THC content, quick flower and harvest (harvest in no more than 11 weeks) and something that doesn't grow too high (1-1.2m max).

Can all be achieved with a photoperiod strain too :yep:

Got to agree….I’ve been reading quite a few (photo)‘grow diaries of late and more often than not by the time they’re switching to flower my auto grow is almost done

You can veg a photo the same amount of time as a Auto and get the same results or better if growing them indoors.

Photos also come with less risk of dwarf plants and crap yields.

These plants were veged for exactly 4 weeks and is expected 8 week flower = 12 weeks, but you could veg for 3 week if you decide to.

large.20230514_052459.jpglarge.20230514_052818.jpg

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 3
17 minutes ago, 5Lip said:

Got to agree….I’ve been reading quite a few (photo)‘grow diaries of late and more often than not by the time they’re switching to flower my auto grow is almost done

Thats because with photos we have a choice on how long we want to Veg for and a lot of us ain't in a rush so that probably gives off the perception photos take longer to grow, if you veg a photo the same time as a Auto you will end up similar or better yields than a Auto but with less risk.

Heck you could go even further the other way and 12/12 from seed lol

Now days I see the only sensible use for Autos is outdoors or in veg tents.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2
42 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Thats because with photos we have a choice on how long we want to Veg for and a lot of us ain't in a rush so that probably gives off the perception photos take longer to grow, if you veg a photo the same time as a Auto you will end up similar or better yields than a Auto but with less risk.

Heck you could go even further the other way and 12/12 from seed lol

Now days I see the only sensible use for Autos is outdoors or in veg tents.

I think very similar but can see why they can be used for lazy growing also as your don't need to stress about light leaks, dodgy timers messing your crop up ect. All my auto's were originally breed for my own needs outdoor but if I stopped growing outdoor I would 100% still grow them indoors for the high & the terps alone. I have spent a long time breeding for what I like. Their kinda tailored to my personal needs & preferences indoor and out. But your 100% correct that in s lot of cases a photo is a better option for growing indoor then a auto.

Edited by brock1
  • Like 3

I’m sticking with the autos for now as I only have 11 weeks tops, more likely 10.

I’ve done a few of them now, all have been a success so I’m sticking with what I’m comfortable with for now.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, smoke75 said:

as I only have 11 weeks tops, more likely 10.

All I'm hearing is more reason to grow a photo lol

The realistic bare minimum flowering time for Autos and photos is 8 weeks, Autos on average take from 3-6 weeks to flip (something you have no control over) will take you over 10 weeks. With a photo you could veg for 2 weeks bend the plant over and flip for 8 weeks flower total 10 weeks.:yep:

Edited by Military Grade