Carbon filter lifespan

smoke75

28 minutes ago, Herbal Kint said:

I'd get a new one for flower just in case,reading a bad reviews on rhino regularly,I'll go for Carbo air next as mountain air is not available anymore here

Anyone using Carbo air?

Rhino had a few bad batches at one point but people that stuck with them reckon that's a thing of the past now. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Herbal Kint said:

Anyone using Carbo air?

I've got a CarboAir now, it's still working fine after 2 and a half years or so. It's a large size with a 60mm bed though, the smaller ones might not be as good.

• Like 2

From what I’m hearing on here and with it not being in use much I think I’ll give it another go with this crop. It’s been stored in its bag and box in the loft when not in use.

What’s the current thoughts on the Rhino Pros? Sounds like there could be some discontent out there.  This one’s been ok as far as I can tell.

• Like 2

Just now, smoke75 said:

What’s the current thoughts on the Rhino Pros? Sounds like there could be some discontent out there.

I had one last well over 5 years and the replacement is going strong.  Actually spoke to someone at the growshop the other week when ordering stuff for a new setup to check all ok with them still and the hiccup was a few years ago with some not getting properly packed with carbon but apparently thats been sorted for a number of years and they hadnt had any problems with them.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, smoke75 said:

From what I’m hearing on here and with it not being in use much I think I’ll give it another go with this crop. It’s been stored in its bag and box in the loft when not in use.

What’s the current thoughts on the Rhino Pros? Sounds like there could be some discontent out there.  This one’s been ok as far as I can tell.

I'm on my 5th grow with a Rhino Pro it's been fine so far.

6 minutes ago, mr rhino said:

I'm on my 5th grow with a Rhino Pro it's been fine so far.

When did you buy it?

7 hours ago, billy420 said:

I have a rhino filter which has been fantastic, I just replace the charcoal when it needs it. Drill out the rivets in the end of the filter and use screws to do it back up. one of the many things i learnt on here :smokin:

Where do you get the activated carbon from?

I used rhino years ago after they went shit I went to can filters not gonna go to anything else now there brilliant. Funny when hydromag did filter tests the hobby performed better than the pro few years back mind.

18 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

as mountain air is not available anymore here

oh. where to get from? will it be all old stock until its gets sold & then there's no other way to buy?

im getting in my next stand-by carbon filter in a fortnight. mountain air

have used carboAir so far

mystic

10 hours ago, Mr mcgregor said:

Where do you get the activated carbon from?

I can buy it from the grow shop where I live, but that's not the UK any longer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mysticriver said:

oh. where to get from? will it be all old stock until its gets sold & then there's no other way to buy?

im getting in my next stand-by carbon filter in a fortnight. mountain air

have used carboAir so far

mystic

Am not in UK ,I couldn't find it in any EU shop.

Usually I used a shop in my country or Slovenia but it's not on stock for ages now,duno why.

Just Can and prima klima. Found Carbo air in just one size but I'll have to go for it it seems.

• Like 1

I have a small PrimaKlima for my homebox, was the cheapest option on the site and it's been running nonstop for about 2 years with no issues. 

• Like 2