Short on room

Ady6171

My loft is the only place i have room to grow my VEG but no room for a tent so in the open .What i want to know is will a filter and fan still get rid of the small if they are in the open loft.

Regards Ady

You can buy loft tents shaped to fit in the eves etc if that helps

Sorry pal was hoping i could do that but very old house 1875 build and next to no room up top:crybaby:

Don't seem feasible, a house that old will have loads of gaps unless it's sealed, not being up on air flow and all that I'd say you would need a big filter and big ass fan to move enough air through the filter.

Could you build to the space and needs. :hippy:

• Like 1

Well then .... get a couple metres/rolls of reflective grow room stuff and a staple gun and off you go, a bit like building a fort when you were a kid ...  instead of blankets, it's shiny plastic stuff. Could be fun building it... :magic:

:hippy:

• Like 2

How much space have you got in the loft mate? It sounds really low if you can't fit any sort of tent in there. And if vertical space is limited, have a look at vertical growing, lights don't always have to positioned directly above the plants. They can be angled and even vertical if need be. Worth a bit of research and I'm fairly sure there's been threads on the site about it, hopefully someone can post a link for you.

Edited by Clubs

In the center of the loft got a max 5ft but where the beams come down 3 ft max did have the loft boarded out 3 year ago.You see its only a small 2 up 2 down house

1 hour ago, Ady6171 said:

will a filter and fan still get rid of the small

should do bro but as mentioned with a big space u might need a big ass fan & filter

mystic

10 hours ago, Ady6171 said:

will have about 200 pound to spend on a filter and fan should that be enough.

you might be able to do it within that budget, say a 150mm ac infinity cloudline EC fan & some reasonably decent carbon filter or other 

depends on wether you can do it with a 150mm fan, you might need 200mm/8", or more even

mystic

• Like 1

By all accounts that I've read, my 60x60 x 140cm (4.5 feet) high tent is not an optimum height but people grow in the smallest of places fella. People grow small PHat buds in computer cases! So you have a tonne of space in comparison. I think you definitely need to buy a tent that fits up there or make your own enclosure which may be preferable in your situation. You have to work with what you have anyway right.

While not the highest at 3 feet it should still be easy doable my man. Never give up, never surrender... You may have to only VEG till a foot high then flip or look into scroging or mainlining to help the plant have more mass before you flip. Scrog and to a lesser extent ML, train the plant to grow sideways to save room up above before flipping.

If you work it correctly the Electrics, Extractor Fan AND THE Filter can be left outside of the grow room to maximise the space - still in the loft though. Make a wooden box with two holes at each end. Stick the filter inside the box and ducts at each end. You will probably have to completely vent out of the loft too you realise? You can't really vent back into the same space!

How much room do you have horizontally? Might need an extra light and grow more small plants to use the space efficiently. Instead of thinking 1 or 2 plants, think more (smaller) plants spread out. But yeah, you will be able to have all the bud you need from your first harvest - if all goes to plan.

I would get some sheets o' wood, cut it so it fits through the loft hatch and build your own purpose grow space up there. One space all the way from veg to harvest. As handysmoker said, have a look at black/white plastic sheeting and staple it to the inside of you newly made room or just paint it flat mat white.

Fun times ahead dude.

Edited by PHatDriver

@Ady6171 I'm using a .6x.7x.8 with 3 plants in, each ones giving me 2+ jars with minimal input from myself, now if I was to apply myself to it I'm sure the figures would be higher, sounds like you could get a few in your space, bending and staking down are your friend, but I wouldn't try it filter less, nose blind is a real thing, no smell to you could be a stench to a passer by , I know when I'm walking around my local area it's too too easy to identify the people with no filter, I often feel like giving them a knock just to let them know about the stench but I can't imagine that would go down well, hello I can smell your grow, hello random stranger knocking at my door what grow I don't know what you're on about shank shank shank kinda thing, hmmm, yeah I don't think I will knock now