In The Garden/Greenhouse 23

CustardVape

Good morning people.

Ok so ABC is jarred. Mandarin Panties is jarred.

Quite pleased so far , a decent yield despite some rot.

The tops have been taken off the White Widows and they're drying. 

On close inspection of a couple of White widow buds I noticed what looked like tiny black balls.

Turns out it's caterpillar poo. Here's the link to the thread for reference

They didn't cause to much damage , but who wants caterpillar shit in they're buds?

White Widow lowers still going...

large.IMG20230812073854_copy_1353x1800.jpglarge.IMG_20230812_074514_copy_1203x1600.jpg

Sweet Seeds S.A.D. with I think some snail damage? Still plodding along ..

large.IMG20230812073955_copy_1353x1800.jpglarge.IMG20230812073945_copy_1353x1800.jpg

Edited by CustardVape
Spelling shit
  • Like 10

I've had to be a bit more lively here instead of being a lazy cunt due to some snails and catapillars. I've attatched some slug/snail collers and they've been sprayed with neem and some bt. The snails had a proper go , I even caught one half way up the stem.

Everything is in jars , appart from one of the Widows which is still hung , then I've been brown bagging it , works a treat.

Sweet Seeds auto S.A.D. X2. Doing ok considering. The weather has purked up which is exactly what they needed. There frosting up well.

large.IMG20230819104728_copy_1504x2000.jpglarge.IMG20230819104806_copy_1504x2000.jpg

large.IMG20230819104753_copy_1536x2048.jpglarge.IMG20230819104741_copy_1536x2048.jpglarge.IMG20230819104843_copy_1536x2048.jpglarge.IMG20230819104830_copy_1536x2048.jpg

• Like 8

Last season I really struggled to nail down a good drying technique due to limited space and  also drying in the summer when it's hot is a pain in the ass. Drying in the house is out of the question.

I've got a small shed that remains fairly cool. I've been stripping everything off and hanging the buds off a clothes hanger with the door slightly open for around five days , making sure there not drying too fast and they have fresh air. When the buds feel slightly sticky I've been placing the buds into brown paper bags , folding the top over with a fan blowing over them for another few days on the shed floor as it's cooler on the floor. The bags absorb the excess moisture , every day giving the bags a burp and a little shake. When they feel dry on the outside I'll  pop them into jars and continue with burping the jars. So far this has worked great for me with no shitty hay smell or mould.

The only negative is the smell but I can get away with that. 

Edited by CustardVape
Spelling shit
  • Like 7

On 20/08/2023 at 10:16 AM, CustardVape said:

Last season I really struggled to nail down a good drying technique due to limited space and  also drying in the summer when it's hot is a pain in the ass. Drying in the house is out of the question.

I've got a small shed that remains fairly cool. I've been stripping everything off and hanging the buds off a clothes hanger with the door slightly open for around five days , making sure there not drying too fast and they have fresh air. When the buds feel slightly sticky I've been placing the buds into brown paper bags , folding the top over with a fan blowing over them for another few days on the shed floor as it's cooler on the floor. The bags absorb the excess moisture , every day giving the bags a burp and a little shake. When they feel dry on the outside I'll  pop them into jars and continue with burping the jars. So far this has worked great for me with no shitty hay smell or mould.

The only negative is the smell but I can get away with that. 

I would look into making bubble hash with your outdoor if you don’t have a good place for drying. All you need is a freezer that’s big enough. You still need to dry the bubble hash but an entire crop will fit in a pizza box so it’s much easier to find a space in a cupboard for it. There is much less smell when drying bubble va buds and I don’t even need to run a carbon filter.

honestly I think it’s the best thing to do with outdoor. Gets rid of all the contamination and much easier to transport.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, gandalfshat said:

I would look into making bubble hash with your outdoor if you don’t have a good place for drying. All you need is a freezer that’s big enough. You still need to dry the bubble hash but an entire crop will fit in a pizza box so it’s much easier to find a space in a cupboard for it. There is much less smell when drying bubble va buds and I don’t even need to run a carbon filter.

honestly I think it’s the best thing to do with outdoor. Gets rid of all the contamination and much easier to transport.

I've got a couple bags of trim in the freezer for that or maybe edibles. 

With a bit of trial and error I think I've nailed the drying now 

• Like 3

Congrats on the harvest mucker :yep:      Always good to be filling them jars :george:

SAD's looking good mate,  soon be putting out that sweet funk :wub:    Not heavy just very appealing & got me quite jealous lol    

I got a few jars of her ,  so im jealous of the grow not the reawrd !  

Good luck with them mate.   

Drying in the shed  ,  if you got 240v mains or even 12v battery ,  get a filter and run the cardboard box method ,  fans are quiet and does the job very well , no niff either :yep:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

Congrats on the harvest mucker :yep:      Always good to be filling them jars :george:

SAD's looking good mate,  soon be putting out that sweet funk :wub:    Not heavy just very appealing & got me quite jealous lol    

I got a few jars of her ,  so im jealous of the grow not the reawrd !  

Good luck with them mate.   

Drying in the shed  ,  if you got 240v mains or even 12v battery ,  get a filter and run the cardboard box method ,  fans are quiet and does the job very well , no niff either :yep:

Cheers mate. I've definitely had a few  problems this year with pests , rot and being a clumsy cunt lol

But it's been a very enjoyable learning experience again though. One thing I'll do next year is get a nice big fan in the greenhouse to get that air moving.

I gave S.A.D. a little rub earlier and as you say she's very sweet , really looking forward to her harvest. She's got a few weeks to go yet though so I'll keep the pics coming.

Hope your well mate , take it easy dude :)

Edited by CustardVape
  • Like 4

I think I've cracked my yellow leaf problem in early flower with a dose of Epsom salts at around the 4 week stage, then another dose around the six or seven week stage. My water is very hard and the plants respond very well. They've also had a spray of neem and a spray of BT. Next season I'll start the neem and BT spray much earlier to prevent problems. 

I'm also really liking Canna nutrients. Other than a little liquid seaweed that's all my plants have had. Keeping it simple , especially if your lazy fucker like me.

Sweet Seeds S.A.D. my little late run , there loving life. Frosting up well and they've got a lovely subtle sweet smell about them , not in your face. I'm excited to sample these.

Couple of weeks to go , I think I'll take the tops and leave the lowers.

Excuse me if I'm repeating myself my memory is shit :yes:

large.IMG20230826080535_copy_1843x2457.jpglarge.IMG20230826080606_copy_1804x2400.jpglarge.IMG20230826080556_copy_1843x2457.jpglarge.IMG20230826080549_copy_1804x2400.jpglarge.64e9acbcc933b_IMG202308260812422_copy_1474x2226.jpglarge.IMG20230826080526_copy_1804x2400.jpglarge.IMG20230826080632_copy_1843x2457.jpg

Edited by CustardVape
  • Like 7

Good news first 

Out of the two S.A.D. this girl is doing great. A different pheno than the other , shorter and more stocky. If I can push her another week or so with no problems I'll be happy. Nice colours.

large.IMG20230901185641_copy_1804x2400.jpglarge.IMG20230901185633_copy_1843x2457.jpglarge.IMG20230901185626_copy_1804x2400.jpg

The not as good news.

Rot in the main cola of the other S.A.D. No surprise really because summer has been so crap and humidity is off the scale. I've cut the top off and salvaged what I can and I'll leave her to carry on. Some nice purples coming through ..

large.IMG20230901185724_copy_1804x2400.jpglarge.IMG20230901185653_copy_1804x2400.jpglarge.IMG20230901185711_copy_1804x2400.jpglarge.IMG20230901185707_copy_1804x2400.jpg

• Like 8

:george:  SAD colouring up nicely mate !!     

sorry to hear about the rot cathing her mate ,    just a big gamble at the mo and seeing lots of it around !   

hopefully she behaves now as your so close to cutting her :george:

fingers crossed for you mate.      

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OldFord said:

:george:  SAD colouring up nicely mate !!     

sorry to hear about the rot cathing her mate ,    just a big gamble at the mo and seeing lots of it around !   

hopefully she behaves now as your so close to cutting her :george:

fingers crossed for you mate.      

Cheers @OldFord . Yes there's some very pretty colours coming through.

I love the smells from them. They're perfectly stealthy but get up close and the smell is wonderful, sweet and sour and covered in crystals. I love it. I would 100% grow them again and would recommend to anyone who wants to remain under the radar outdoors.

Best of luck with the rest of your garden girls they're looking stunning as always!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CustardVape said:

Cheers @OldFord . Yes there's some very pretty colours coming through.

I love the smells from them. They're perfectly stealthy but get up close and the smell is wonderful, sweet and sour and covered in crystals. I love it. I would 100% grow them again and would recommend to anyone who wants to remain under the radar outdoors.

Best of luck with the rest of your garden girls they're looking stunning as always!!

Yeah mate they are pretty low key & do look pretty , not the biggest auto around but i feel its worth it for me  but to be fair i much prefer the fem and its almost on the same volume :yep:    

The fem is happy being manipulated too ,  just a nice garden plant ,  Mohan Ram is very similar but a tad pokier. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OldFord said:

Mohan Ram is very similar but a tad pokier. 

My goodness that could well be one to add to my list for next season then.

Your a bad influence Mr @OldFord lol

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CustardVape said:

My goodness that could well be one to add to my list for next season then.

Your a bad influence Mr @OldFord lol

More is always  Betterer lol         Both the SAD & Mohan fems are well worth a run mate ,  hold out better than the autos and smell very similar :yep:

More for your money and same risk.   

Crystal Candy is another lol          Yeah i have done most of the sweets range.      Green Poison is well worth a run  ,  poss a bit louder but very worthy. 

• Like 2