Best suited led for 1.2m2 (2m tall)

Trashedagain77

3 hours ago, KC said:

Have you checked i

yes it pulls 450W at the wall with the watt meter

I tested it alongside my maxibright 480W pro, with a photone app/PAR test, & it is some ~200 PAR under the maxibright in all areas around the light & the centre, at power levels 75 & 100%. 200 PAR down

the maxibright is 50W more at 500W

mystic

• Like 2

@Trashedagain77 just be aware that if you do go for the spider farmer se5000, nice light, but the supplimentary UVA panels dont fit that model iirc

edit- have just seen that the SF UVA bars have there own 30W driver, so you could pretty much use them with anything..

& yes I do like the minimalist nature of the migro @Crow River, its an excellent, light design. modular as you say, but what puts me off is the amount of drivers you need with his lights - for the 2.4 tent thats 2 migro 12's with 3 drivers each - im struggling for power points as it is, but I do like the lightweight build of the migro

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Fatboy77 said:

Don't see why, never used one.

I’m struggling to get RH under 65%,  in the 5th week of 12/12 admittedly there is a 350ltr bed covering the 2x4 floor area, any pointers to reduce RH are much appreciated.

I will be upgrading the lamp to either the Zeus pro or Omega infinity to enlarge the space to 1.4 x 1.4, reading this thread I may have to do more homework :wallbash:

9 minutes ago, Giggles said:

any pointers to reduce RH

If you can bring your temps up a little that will reduce your relative humidity otherwise your looking at extraction or using a dehumidifier :yinyang:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Green Manalishi said:

If you can bring your temps up a little that will reduce your relative humidity

Not necessarily, that just increases your airs holding capacity for moisture which can give you the illusion that RH is dropping. If the absolute humidity of the inside air is higher than the absolute humidity of the outside air, you only serve to move more moisture into the space which can make issues alot worse.

Reducing the RH over all feels a bit like having a dog and barking yourself lol Its important to understand that both schools of thought (lowering relative humidity over all / increasing night time temps) are achieving the same thing which is avoiding dew point. By lowering relative humidity over all, the temperate at which dew point occurs is really low.

A good example is a room at 30c and 50% RH has a dew point of 18.4c, where as a room of 30c and 60% RH has a dew point of 21.4c.

By lowering the humidity to 50%, we can pretty much completely eliminate dew point happening and avoid the issues that come with it, mainly bud rot, on the condition we keep our night time temps above 18.4c which we should be anyway, pretty easy but this comes at the cost of putting plants under transpiration stress. Not what we're trying to achieve when the main driving force of transpiration is light, if transpiration is negatively effected the first thing a plant does is stops photosynthesizing... not good!

or alternatively, increasing the night time temps to above 21.4c also avoids the issue completely, pretty easy to achieve with a good heater & fan controller combo too and doesn't require the use of a costly dehumidifier. No unnecessary stress on transpiration, on the contrary having the higher RH keeps stomata open which allows water to flow freely through the plant via the pump of photosynthesis, great stuff. 

Personally I like to stay around the 60% mark, day and night. I find if RH is going above this, my leaf surface temps start to crash at the same time which is a clear indication of too much light :yep: too much light forcing water through the plant, lowering the leaf surface temps and increasing the RH too high - if you've got things on a controller, this will increase fan speed to deal with the humidity (or kick in the dehumidifier which has the same effect) which will then kick the heaters in to compensate for the extra air flow. Leaf surface temps continue to drop, water loss through transpiration is even greater than before so the plant stops photosynthesizing so as to not keep losing water - lowering the PPFD keeps the plant in peak photosynthesis for longer, and keeps the environment more in check. 

Work with your plants not against them

Edited by GSZZ
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, Giggles said:

or Omega infinity

I've seen those too - they are appealing on price at around £549

nice, powerful 600W light for a 1.2m2 area

mystic

• Like 2

you guys have just made me order new lumatek to try it :smokin:

I run 465pro and new 600 pro 2.9 is on the way. I wander how much better is that going to be

• Like 1