Upgrading led fixture to bar style, advice welcome

Stigofthedank

39 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

quantum-style creates a physical partition between the canopy and above the light

You're gonna have to elaborate to what that means?

Edit I think I get what you mean, it don't matter if you're one that uses a fan to blow down from above, I used to do it with the one I have now but since getting tube heaters there's no need. In my eyes it being a barrier is a non issue.

How I used to have it before tube heaters:yep:

large.20221129_233126.jpg

Also the smaller form give more space for the Oscillating fan, if I got the Lumatek that's something I would have to worry about.

Edited by Military Grade

7 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

You're gonna have to elaborate to what that means?

if you have a solid board, then that's going to inhibit airflow, especially if you are trying to utilize the led warmth. I do have a two foot tent and tried a  Par+ and found it a problem, due to the boards solidity. It is 4x the area though, but the principle still stands to think about and  accommodate the restriction in our design. Basically, there may be too much temp difference between top and bottom. Not an issue with HID, but is an issue specific to leds we have found on here between us since leds became normal.

Edited by catweazle1

What I found when blowing down onto my QB is it was too effective making my canopy temps over 30c, now I have tube heaters connected to a controller I have them sitting at 27c, this also help when the lights go out and lowers the humidity spike :yep:

2 birds one stone lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

I have all three styles and I think, in a small tent, quantum-style creates a physical partition between the canopy and above the light. not trying to put you off, but helping you make sure you make the the right choice for you. I may add the viparspectra to my 3 because it is a dinky option at 11".

I hear you hence the question am getting the viparspectra for the dialled I have to reason and keeping that set up as is, 

@Military Gradeare those little plywood builds for tube heaters in the pic

Cheers 

Stig 

• Like 1

@Stigofthedank

Are you referring to the cardboard corner protectors mate?

If so I put them in there to stop the tent side from sucking in and give the grow space an extra couple of inches on each side :yep:

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

That a ram cf you got there?? You not find having the fan on the outside loud or is it in a box or some contraption 

• Like 1

@Stigofthedank  Yeah just a cheap one from amazon, Been going strong for nearly two years, i have a back up on standby lol

I have a AC Infinity S4 connected to the 69 controller so noise ain't a big issue, they are EC fans and run very quiet on lower speeds :yep:, Level 1 speed is enough to cover the smell, it only ramps up if the humidity gets high and the controller turns the speed up to keep it down.

• Like 1

Yeah nice, snap, 

I have got variable speed.. Gonna look at quieting it down if it doubles. lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Military Grade said:

@Stigofthedank  I ended up getting the XS1500 PRO

large.20230501_043907.jpglarge.20230501_042211.jpglarge.20230501_042318.jpglarge.20230501_042227.jpglarge.20230501_042257.jpglarge.20230501_044452.jpglarge.20230501_044022.jpg

Doing exactly that and will hopefully be getting longer tent aswell as 69 x 60 lol

Brownie points cashed in..... :banned:

Basically when..... And she will say yes daisy chain 2 x xs 1500 

And then use old viperspectra p 1000 for the veg 60 x 60.. Pushing it 

Peace. 

Stig :yinyang:

• Like 1