RSO Oil forgot to debox my Oil Pls Help

Paddy187

Hey Guys, im completley new here, so Hi to all of you :)

appologize if i might write something wrong, english isnt my first choice ;)

So i did the RSO recently and everything was working fine.
I will juse the Oil to heal and detox myself once the cance will knock on my door

I did  the Oil like Rick did it, with Isopropanol, and filter.

I did onmly 1 wash to make sure i get maximum % out of it.

I did the oil with my ricecooker & Fan,  until every solvent went out, and almost zero  of bubble aktivity was going on.

after i thought there wasnt any solvent left, i swtiched from ricecooker to a stainless cup , and put the oil in the cup.

i boiled a cup with water and put my stainless steal cup into the boiling water for around 30min.

when i thought my oil was ready, i had only smal bubbles going on in the middle of the cup. the oil from the site looks slightly different with Zero Bubbles .

and some smal bubbles in the middle of the oil.

i Filled the oil into syringes, and everything looks good. 
Ah need to mention, i wasnt able tu suck it in in my syringes,just a bit and thhen only air was in my syringes, so i fileld them up from the top to get it in.
Brobably this happend becuase of the bubbles left???

after couple of days i ate some 1/4 of a rice Corn, and it smels like super Weed, also the taste is amazing.Color is brown/drark and very  greasy consistency.
However i didnt felt anything after 1 hour,and just went to sleep. No high, jsut normal sleep feeling.

also i put some of the oil on my moles to see whats happen with a bandage for 5 Days almost. Nothing happens.

after 2 days i incresed the dosis to 1 Ricecorn size and swollow it, still nothing. fml

I think i messed up with the decarboxylation progress somewhere. Probably the stage in the boiling water wasnt hot enough for 210F.
So, how can i get the decarboxylation after making the Oil?
I think im gonna put the Oil out of the rings again, in my stainless steal cup, and put it in the oven for 210F and 40min, unless everything looks similar,without any micro bubbles in.
What do you think guys?
I might gonan smoke a smal ricekorn oil to see,if i can really blame the decarboxylation on that one. 
Everything else was really fine, also the Budd material was kind of a nice strain, and did make me high after smoking a smal joint.

i appreciate any help :)

Next time i will decarb first in the oven for 210F and 130min to make sure its done correctly

Edited by Paddy187
  • Like 2

Welcome to UK420 @Paddy187 :) 

Your level of English seems pretty good to me,

better than some of our native speaking members lol 

Smoking or vaping a small dab of your oil should be a good way to tell if it affects you differently :yep:

If smoking or vaping gives the desired affects,

then you can probably assume that it still needs to be properly decarboxylated before ingested.

The secondary/smaller bubbles you noticed was the beginning of the decarb process,

so just heat it up until it gently bubbles again,

remove from the heat once these bubbles stop.

@Graywolf is our resident expert on the subject

I hope you manage to save this batch of oil.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 7

Thank you :)

i took the oil in the oven again 200f for 20 min and bubbles came up immediately.

after 20 every bubble passed away. I did the oil afterwards in the boil water for another 30min. Nothing aktivity anymore.

will take a 1/4 drop tonight again and see whats happen 

still not able to suck the oil in the syringe, but shit happens 

• Like 3

simply heat it till 225f slowly

by the time it reaches that slowly,,,the  bubbles will stop and yer done

it will start bubbling at like 160 to 170 f 

hope that helps...

I do it after///// every time

dont like baking my herb

just kills the taste

if you wanna smoke it

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1

read yer post this time...

..use an oil bath instead of water bath ....first issue

decarbing your pot is not the biggest deal

unless it is fresh Frozen

If the pot is mature and even some what dry. its got tons of active thc,,,, decarbing is to get any inactive thc    is all.

and you do not need an over to get it done...BONE DRY POT IS decarbed..just being left of to dry...keeps its terps better

people use an oil bath to finish what little have left from the rice cooker and its easy to watch on the stove as bubbles stop and temp increases.

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1

Thank you guys.
yesterday before i went to sleep i ate 1/4 ricecorn size from RSO again, 
around 60min later i  felt like hit by a train :D
impressive how strong this loil is,even such a smal dosis,after debox

Kind of scarry feeling, for newbies if they wouldnt have any kind of experience with Cannabis at all.

However, i noticed, if oil starts hitting, reminding myself, its just a medicine,relax and chill, worrys blow away in no time.
So yea, next time i will know it better, but at the end, everything worked out well :)

Edited by Paddy187
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, gb1 said:

read yer post this time...

..use an oil bath instead of water bath ....first issue

what do you mean with oil bath?

• Like 1

I suggest decarboxylating to 70% at 250F.  Here is my procedure:

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/10-the-alchemist-resource/10-1-decarboxylation/10-1-4-decarboxylation-101/

A rice grain size is a pretty low dose for oral RSO to get high on, as the THC is only around 50 to 60%..  We found the average dose to be about 100 mg.

An oral high is not the same as vaporizing or smoking, because it is processed by our liver first.  As suggested, you might try a dab to see what it’s potency is.  A grain of rice size should get you multiple dabs.

Did you use naphtha or Iso to extract the RSO?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Paddy187 said:

read grey wolfs blog and posts

...oil bath,,,,,,,so the bath  doesn't evaporate while you boil off ipa :)

10 hours ago, Graywolf said:

I suggest decarboxylating to 70% at 250F.  Here is my procedure:

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/10-the-alchemist-resource/10-1-decarboxylation/10-1-4-decarboxylation-101/

A rice grain size is a pretty low dose for oral RSO to get high on, as the THC is only around 50 to 60%..  We found the average dose to be about 100 mg.

An oral high is not the same as vaporizing or smoking, because it is processed by our liver first.  As suggested, you might try a dab to see what it’s potency is.  A grain of rice size should get you multiple dabs.

Did you use naphtha or Iso to extract the RSO?

every one is different. 

some get buggered on very little

while some don't feel anything on lots... ..

its a very neat thing to see and it tells people how different we we should be treated medically .

first time I Tried RSO forcolon cancer>>  I turned green on 200mg.. :) I figured eating what I would consider... A Nice spliff ....ok to eat...:unsure:

boy.....was I ever   wrong lol 

I used naphtha first time making rso...stuff seem to kill my tumor ok....I Use IPA Now 99% Medical.

Edited by gb1

As has been said, you can heat the oil up again but you’ll need to hot knife the oil first. The part where you left it in boiling water at the end was too low in temps. I put my near finished oil from the rice cooker into a mini copper saucepan into an oil bath at 120°C. You can see the big bubbles turn into mini bubbles, then about 20 mins of diminishing bubbles -works the same with hash/cacao butter too. 

I find this method much better than trying to decarb the flower first. Who wants the neighbours to smell all that weed?! And the oven reeks of bud for weeks, every time you cook meals it’s another skunk fest! lol 

Here’s the process using sift hash & cacao butter using a slow cooker (mine gets to exactly 120° on medium) -RSO is much thicker 
large.5f189da4b7cd0_PNGimage5.png

then a few swirls and 20 mins later.. 

large.5f189da322825_PNGimage6.png

No smelly oven :guitar: 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Paddy187 said:

Thank you

I jused iso solvent.

shouldnt it be like 80-90% THC at the end?

The decarboxylation curve drops off rapidly after 70% because you are running out of THCA to convert and the same heat that is converting THCA to THC, is decomposing the existing THC into CBN, et al.

13 hours ago, gb1 said:

every one is different. 

some get buggered on very little

while some don't feel anything on lots... ..

its a very neat thing to see and it tells people how different we we should be treated medically .

first time I Tried RSO forcolon cancer>>  I turned green on 200mg.. :) I figured eating what I would consider... A Nice spliff ....ok to eat...:unsure:

boy.....was I ever   wrong lol 

I used naphtha first time making rso...stuff seem to kill my tumor ok....I Use IPA Now 99% Medical.

Tolerance does vary considerably.  IE:  I am currently testing some 10 mg D-9 THCO gummies, that I can feel at 30 mg, consider 100 mg to be about a full dose, and 200 mg puts me to sleep.

The samples that I shared with five others showed a wide range of tolerance, with a dose ranging from 10 mg to 70 mg.  With cancer patients, we titrated up until the patient could tolerate 330 mg doses, and found that starting doses ranged from about 25 mg to 200 mg.

• Like 2