EOB 420lt 2nd crack!

e55ex0ldb0y

There’s more comfrey growing on the plot than you could shake a very large stick at!!!! @Revive heaven lol 

large.C2C31D8E-F9C3-408A-A49B-411F481F9139.jpeg

420lt pot is ready to be filled. Need to almost cover this tarp to fill it, going to add a few more bags of manure, fbb, compost and natures soil

germing the seeds for this comp tonight.

large.04AADAA7-60BB-4652-8730-FE93C86E471D.jpeg

• Like 11

A real gift from mama nature that there :)

Get it brewed up @e55ex0ldb0y or put a nice layer of fresh leaves halfway when filling your big pot, it will serve you well and help condition your soil :yep:

Nice to see you getting on with thing's and can see your diary through to the end this season.. 

Be lucky buddy :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Revive said:

A real gift from mama nature that there :)

Get it brewed up @e55ex0ldb0y or put a nice layer of fresh leaves halfway when filling your big pot, it will serve you well and help condition your soil :yep:

Nice to see you getting on with thing's and can see your diary through to the end this season.. 

Be lucky buddy :yinyang:

I’ll be sure to heed the advice…. A good layer of fresh leaves is getting added. Top man thank you. I’ll make sure the diary gets finished this season no matter what happens.

got 40lts of river water with comfrey leaves stewing already, stinks but hoping it does the trick.

Full respect:skin_up:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, e55ex0ldb0y said:

I’ll be sure to heed the advice…. A good layer of fresh leaves is getting added. Top man thank you. I’ll make sure the diary gets finished this season no matter what happens.

got 40lts of river water with comfrey leaves stewing already, stinks but hoping it does the trick.

Full respect:skin_up:

Oh it will do the trick for sure buddy.. plus the leaves in your pot will break down super quick being fully covered so by the time the roots reach that far down plenty of goodness will be readily available.. I will be doing just that with most of my holes.. as you have so much of it you could remove a few patches and use some of the native soil it was growing in, that will be nutrient rich and useful to mix into you compo :yep: you have plenty to play with brother.. we are fortunate to have it at our disposal for others on here its like rocking horse shit 

loving your plot mate, it has it all and its your back garden.. if only I had a place like that to grow id be made up..

have a great season, watching with interest :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, e55ex0ldb0y said:

There’s more comfrey growing on the plot than you could shake a very large stick at!!!! @Revive heaven lol 

large.C2C31D8E-F9C3-408A-A49B-411F481F9139.jpeg

420lt pot is ready to be filled. Need to almost cover this tarp to fill it, going to add a few more bags of manure, fbb, compost and natures soil

germing the seeds for this comp tonight.

large.04AADAA7-60BB-4652-8730-FE93C86E471D.jpeg

Liquid gold right there. Plenty of it to 

• Like 4

On 24/04/2023 at 7:59 PM, CustardVape said:

Thats a lovely looking plot and your back garden too!! You'll be growing a tree lol

All the best. . .

I’m hoping for a forest lol 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

There’s quite a few different plants to choose from and I’m debating whether to pop in x3 different varieties? 
with enough care a fair amount of good nutrition and lots of manipulation I’m sure I could get them to grow at completely different directions and maximise airflow to stop rot….? We shall see I suppose.

Good luck all.
large.EE1E340C-7E0E-46F7-8116-0737E1A4A956.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

420lt pot update:

had a go at bending x2 of them with not good results….!!! Snapped the stem on both but I’ve lent them on a cane and both seem to still be growing fine… hoping they mend themselves and crack on. Got my fingers crossed but the snap was quite bad…. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks and Peace

large.IMG_2023-6-18-212857.jpeglarge.IMG_2023-6-18-212837.jpeglarge.IMG_2023-6-18-212820.jpeg

• Like 5

That'll be fine mate , plants are resilient like you'd never believe (a side-effect of not being able to run away I imagine)

Where it's bent you'll notice it'll callous and thicken a bit as it "knuckles over" so to speak :yep:

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 5

Just now, BilgePump said:

That'll be fine mate , plants are resilient like you'd never believe (a side-effect of not being able to run away imagine)

Where it's bent you'll notice it'll callous and thicken a bit as it "knuckles over" so to speak :yep:

I’ve been told this before but never had the balls to try it…. Silly that I’ve tried it on the comp pot really but it’s with the need that they have to be bent away from each other due to being in one pot. I’ll probably try to bend them with string instead of brutalising them if all goes south but I’d prefer it you being totally correct lol 

thanks for the vote of confidence though.

• Like 2

I go by the rule "if it's not fallen off it'll be fine".

With a bit of care you can fix proper balls ups with a stick and a bit of tape.

This is not a balls up man but I get how you feel, when that stem gives up it's a shock first time and it's very easy to convince yerself you've been heavy handed even after years of doing it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

420 pot looking a bit crammed already….

so after the worry that breaking the stem would be a really bad call everything seems fine so I’ve done it again to try and get them all away from the centre of the pot.

Laid a good bed of comfrey leaves on top which should only take a few days to start rotting and getting into the soil. Also going to start with the powdered nutrients in a watering can soon so fingers crossed that helps.

It does look a bit brutal but only seems to take a day or so to come back to life and makes the bottom stems come into life… wish I’d tried it before!

Cheers and good luck.

large.IMG_2023-6-29-104253.jpeglarge.IMG_2023-6-29-104234.jpeg

• Like 4