Plant training help a noob

Ajimango

My two girls are now 1/2 way through week 5 of veg. I don't see any sexy bits or alternate branching. They are squat and bushy. I am tieing down shoots and tucking fan leaves.

I think I should cut some leaves off soon? Other humidity will be too high in flower.

I'm also not sure when to flip to 12/12 maybe another week or so. Maybe a mistake to put them into 17l pots.

Groupies from a few days ago

large.6450f21337f71_DSC_0321P1P2D34rez.jpg

• Like 3

I flipped them to flower at 6 weeks from seed and one went just over 10 weeks the other a week longer.

• Like 1

Thanks for that I'm almost at 6 weeks.

So if I get this right, once I go to 12/12 lights on, they will start to stretch.

Do I need to take any leaves off before or during flowering?

Unless they are blocking anything lower i leave alone.

How much headroom do you have i haven't grown cream47 does it stretch a lot.

I would continue with the LST all the way through stretch as well.

• Like 1

I agree murph, I've been doing some reading and for me I think the leaves are best left on where possible.

Just been out to measure the girls (caught them before lights out). The tallest is 35cm and I have another 70cm of headroom left. I looked up a few C47 grows I don't think it stretches over massively but my stoner brain can't exactly remember so I'll look again tonight.

When they say stretch is 2x do they mean if you flip a 35cm plant in veg it will grow an extra 70cm? If so it's time to flip. Next time I think i will grow in washing up bowls or some other flatter pot that'll give an extra 6"  headroom.

I'd say they are more likely to double in height so the 35cm will be about 70cm, obviously genetics and environment will vary what result people have. Don't stress too much, you can bend them quite a bit during the stretch. Once the stretch is over you can have a look at the bottoms of the plants and see what growth isn't going to get much light. I strip the bottom bit myself, which I think is a common practice. It's really annoying come harvest time having to pick airy bits of bud off your plant low down.

• Like 3

I flipped the girls today. That's just a few days shy of 7 weeks in veg. They are filling out the space nicely. Maybe a bit of interveinal chlorosis on the newest and young leaves.

• Like 1