Plant training help a noob

Ajimango

My two Cream 47 girls are now in day 29 of veg. I am not sure of where to go from here. Here's hoping you lads can set me straight.

I really need to train these girls to get the best out of them. The grow drobe is 60x100cm and the head room is a good meter above the pots. I can afford to fuck up.

My main thoughts are to do Nebula's simplified manifold method. (Allow to grow to 6 nodes, top just above third node, remove all growth except that at the third node. Allow the shoots at the third node to grow 4 nodes then top these shoots to the third nodes,. Remove growth from the second nodes to leave nodes 1 and 3 to leave 8 main colas.) Then train by LST.

If I dont do the manifold what shud I do? Please checkout my Cream 47 grow in the grow diaries led section.

Peace Aji

Just use a screen? Start topping for multiple grow tips but a screen is perfect for 1 or 2 plants, and more efficient for electricity

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Fatboy77 said:

Multiple toppings and stripping growth slow a plant down, unsurprisingly.

While manifolding may look great you can achieve the same outcome by simply using LST.

Loads if threads on here about lst so have a look round, pop back with questions if you need to.

If I grew a manifolded plant by the side of a trained plant the end size difference would put most people of manifold grows permanently.

Thanks Fatboy, I was tempted by the manifolding but your right she's gunna take weeks to recover, all that lovely growth stripped away and if we can get as good or better another way I'm all for it.

40 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Just use a screen? Start topping for multiple grow tips but a screen is perfect for 1 or 2 plants, and more efficient for electricity

So the girls have got 6-7 nodes, 29 days veg, not sure if I can see sex yet, will have a close look at lights on.

When should I top?

What node should I top down to?

Then what? Spread out whats left and use LST and continue to train any new branches. I did LST before on some autos but they were much younger when I started their training.

Or I cud fit a screen like Slippy said.

I'm gunna go away and do a bit more homework.

Peace Aji

Tie her over so she looks like an upsidedown letter J so her apical dominance is broken (LST) , then use a screen to train her.

• Like 1

LST them,  Bend over the main stem - the objective is try to get its top below the level of the other branches, this breaks the apical dominance and will cause all other branches to burst into life.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CheechChongReturns said:

Tie her over so she looks like an upsidedown letter J so her apical dominance is broken (LST) , then use a screen to train her.

2 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

LST them,  Bend over the main stem - the objective is try to get its top below the level of the other branches, this breaks the apical dominance and will cause all other branches to burst into life.

Ok but should I top them first, of so to what node.

Peace Aji

you don't need to .

The main head will just become one of many.

Alternatively , you may choose top her main head along with the branches once they get level, to increase the number of total heads.

That will help fill out a net .

LST her first and let the branches catch up. You can make a choice then depending on how much space you have left.

• Like 2

Cheech, ta for your advice. Seems the consensus is not to top. That seems to be the way I'm thinking too.

Some serious bondage is gonna be needed.

Edited by Ajimango
random spell check nonsense
  • Like 1

there's a training guide on here somewhere, but I dont think you'll need it

like the other guys have said, get the main stem down, to the level of the others and make several heads out of the various side stems that you have, to make a flat canopy of said heads

you cant always get the main stem down if you've left it too late (like I have here)

summert like this

large.0359D519-D4DB-45D4-98DF-B9FFA7384177.jpeg

she's a photoperiod at 5 weeks from flip

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 1

theres nothing wrong with topping, it has a similar effect, its just that when the plant is cut it takes extra time to recoer that could have been better used growing bigger.

• Like 2

OK, I decided against manifolding. I bent the tops over and will continue with LST.

• Like 4

I'm yet to see this recovery time when Topping or mainline

Now tho I top twice and scrog and can all be done in a 4 week veg.

large.20230501_044250.jpg

• Like 2

I dont like topping i find it relaxing just bending them to my will.

My last 2 i grew inside.

large.P1020181.JPG

• Like 3