just how stinky would 10 or 20 northern light autos be outside?

Consul

i got them for the low odour and ability to grow up north

my plot is about 40 meters from the edge of a large piggy car park, separated by a 10ft concrete wall, its like -
walled in plot | open space/car park | fenced off pig car park.

is it going to be stupidly obvious? i've smoked plenty in the area, not had anycunt nosing around but i only put like .2 in a j fam

• Like 2

A mate of mine grew a single one outside and it didn't smell at all, even sitting a few feet from it until you got your conk right to it or rubbed it hard, then it smelled nice.

I couldn't comment on whether or not that was normal, but I am pretty sure Northern Lights Auto is on at least one list of plants which don't smell too strong while growing.

I have had some stink other that don't with Nl auto's so until you try you won't know. Try it I grow out the back of a police station and it was fine. I have seen other do it no problem to. 

• Like 3

I can't imagine anyone bothering to do this, but you've told us a few details that make it possible to work out where your grow is using google earth. Smell could be the least of your concerns.  

• Like 1

Next to a carpark where there'll be fine upstanding members of his majesty's constabulary coming and going daily? Yeah sounds fine, can't see any problems arising from that:bangin:

Edited by Should Know Betterer
Moji
  • Like 3

It's one of those things innit, in some circumstances it is the ultimate spot, last place they'd look etc.  From another perspective, it's higher risk and a great story for the local news and maybe even nationals if it goes wrong.

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 2

Smell is often hit and miss imo as said you never know unless you try buddy..BUT is there a need to be putting them there?? Tempting fate a bit dont you think? Sure slinging 1 there for shits a giggles fair play but 10 or 20 :thumbdown: I'd possibly have a little rethink on that 1 dude :yinyang:

• Like 4

On 24-4-2023 at 0:13 PM, Consul said:

i got them for the low odour and ability to grow up north

my plot is about 40 meters from the edge of a large piggy car park, separated by a 10ft concrete wall, its like -
walled in plot | open space/car park | fenced off pig car park.

is it going to be stupidly obvious? i've smoked plenty in the area, not had anycunt nosing around but i only put like .2 in a j fam

smell of a plant is different from a smoke......a fellow grower knows whats what...

you can plant 10 and the other 10 2 weeks later if you wanne be more safe....but its more between your ears i gues......

i had 40 amnesia haze less as 20 meters from a walking path...with no problems...

but in windstill wheather the smell keeps hanging on same place...

• Like 3

We had a VERY nice plot that we could smell from a huge distance when the wind was blowing in the right/wrong direction - we walked along a public trail passing by hikers on their travels and the air was thick with green stench. We pulled off the plot nicely but it was enough to give you constant heebie jeebies! 
I think it’s surprising what can actually be achieved 

But a few autos? Even 40? I personally wouldn’t worry or even sweat it, old bill station or not. 
Good luck… 

Edited by Dan1122
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Dan1122 said:

We had a VERY nice plot that we could smell from a huge distance when the wind was blowing in the right/wrong direction - we walked along a public trail passing by hikers on their travels and the air was thick with green stench. We pulled off the plot nicely but it was enough to give you constant heebie jeebies! 
I think it’s surprising what can actually be achieved 

But a few autos? Even 40? I personally wouldn’t worry or even sweat it, old bill station or not. 
Good luck… 

Here he is … long time no speak mate how’s you ?? 

we have had similar as above on a few occasions and pulled the plots of , BUT lost 1 once was cheese of all strains fucking stunk but they knew plants were in the area as they found a decent sized plot the day before so was in the look out for more ,we was gutted as that cheese plot was fucking awesome.. 

• Like 2

Grew a Northern Lights Auto last year at the window sill. It wasn't exactly low odour during flower. Outside obviously a bit different, but maybe take the "low odour" thing with a pinch of salt...

Personally I wouldn't grow next door to the cop shop, but all my plots this year are potentially discoverable if somebody chose to take a look... lol The question is, whether they will?

• Like 1