Organix alternative? (NOT BIOBIZZ)

Sid the Seedkiller

I suspect the growshops will continue to sell the composts they do now, I hope so anyway. Most of the garden centres seem to have all gone peat free but I was at one today that sells Moorland Multipurpose in 20L bags. It's £3.49 and it does have peat in. I suppose it's allowed as it's not mined as it's collected from rivers I believe where it's been washed away. I might go stock up tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just now, KC said:

I suspect the growshops will continue to sell the composts they do now, I hope so anyway. Most of the garden centres seem to have all gone peat free but I was at one today that sells Moorland Multipurpose in 20L bags. It's £3.49 and it does have peat in. I suppose it's allowed as it's not mined as it's collected from rivers I believe where it's been washed away. I might go stock up tomorrow.

I hope so too, I may contact the supplier and have a nose. I still don't know whether to stock right up now while I can and worry down the line, or make the transition now and get it over with. Its tricky because I know squat about coco and chemical nutes. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fatboy77 said:

It's piss easy, growing by numbers.

There's ways round pH and ec reading if it bothers you.

It'll make you a better grower, even if you end up back in dirt one day.

Cheers fella, I'm definitely up for the challenge, I guess its just that I was really starting to see good results in Tropic Mix with Organix, and it had taken me a while to get there, but I suppose I'm not a total noob anymore, definitely beginning to read the plant better so that's bound to help. But like you say all experience is good experience. :smokin:

After no success looking through growshops I bought a bottle of organix bloom straight from Intense recently, worked out about £17 delivered which was as cheap as anywhere else and it arrived within 24 hrs. It will last me 3 grows and produce about 30-35 oz. During this period I will spend £1000 on electricity and another £200 on bits and bobs. If you are happy using organix I would except the small cost and get some more, as far as weed growing expenses go its peanuts.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, erbivore9 said:

After no success looking through growshops I bought a bottle of organix bloom straight from Intense recently, worked out about £17 delivered which was as cheap as anywhere else and it arrived within 24 hrs. It will last me 3 grows and produce about 30-35 oz. During this period I will spend £1000 on electricity and another £200 on bits and bobs. If you are happy using organix I would except the small cost and get some more, as far as weed growing expenses go its peanuts.

I did fella, in the end. Got a bit in, save on delivery costs. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 14/08/2023 at 3:02 PM, KC said:

I suspect the growshops will continue to sell the composts they do now

Yup , until 2030 at least.

The compost we use would be considered professional use.

The upcoming ban is for peat based compost for amateur gardeners.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Yup , until 2030 at least.

The compost we use would be considered professional use.

The upcoming ban is for peat based compost for amateur gardeners.

:yinyang:

This is like beautiful sweet music to my slightly stoned ears, maybe that's why its sound so good! 

• Like 1