Organix alternative? (NOT BIOBIZZ)

Sid the Seedkiller

After recently being ripped off by one online "hydro" store, and with Intense Nutes themselves seemingly charging more for their products than the few independent retailers that actually still stock their products (if there even is any left that actually do, I cant find any), can anyone recommend a suitable alternative, to use with Tropic Mix? (60/40 peat/coco), I really want to stay organic, (pending the peat ban situation), and the beauty of Intense was that you only needed a couple of bottles, not a whole array of different stuff.  I'm probably going to have to change to coco come 2024 anyway, but I've got a run that needs finishing and am also considering stocking up considerably pre ban, to at least avoid having to learn an entirely different system straight away, although it seems inevitable at some point. Unless of course someone knows of a reliable source of Intense nutes thats not going to try and rip me off. I feel Intense are pulling a fast one with their prices and shipping costs these days.  Many thanks. 

• Like 1

Have you looked at BioTabs?

I am using their slow-release tabs this year but they also do liquid feeds. 

• Like 1

I've not tried it but Canna do a BioCanna range other than that B. A. C might be another option. 

I doubt either are cheap though. 

• Like 2

I thought Vitax Q4 liquid feed was all right, npk 3,3,6. Should be able to pick up a bottle for around half of what these supposed canna-specific nutes cost.

• Like 2

I'm with @MindSoup I've just switched to no till this run and over the moon so far. I've over watered a couple of times but other than that had very few problems. It's more of a spectator sport now, the plants just grow themselves. I'd highly recommend having a look into it, its keeping things simple and sustainable. 

I do still use a bottle of fishmix to keep my mums. That's all I used before and a bottle of bloom .... never really bought into buying a hundred bottles of snake oil to grow a couple of skunk plants. :bong: 

• Like 1

I used the guanokalong, grow, bloom and guano powder for quite a while before I switched to intense (just fancied a change) 

been thinking of switching back recently, it really does produce lovely product 

• Like 1

On 17/04/2023 at 6:37 AM, Arbre Medicinal said:

Have you looked at BioTabs?

I am using their slow-release tabs this year but they also do liquid feeds. 

I have not, but I will look into it cheers. 

On 17/04/2023 at 6:53 AM, KC said:

I've not tried it but Canna do a BioCanna range other than that B. A. C might be another option. 

I doubt either are cheap though. 

I've Tried BAC, to be honest I'd forgotten about them. Nice one!!

On 17/04/2023 at 7:30 AM, Wag said:

Have you thought about building a hot soil? 

My very first grow was with a living soil. If I wasn't such an amateur at the time it may have come out better but its a lot of extra hassle imo.

On 17/04/2023 at 9:41 AM, MindSoup said:

Swap to No Till :hippy:. No bottles and you can keep your soil long term. 

Check out @Ned The Heads current run if you need convincing

Pretty glorious. 

OK, perhaps I need to rethink my options considerably then. Cheers for the tip, ill check his dairy later. 

On 17/04/2023 at 7:13 PM, Hazeytones said:

I'm with @MindSoup I've just switched to no till this run and over the moon so far. I've over watered a couple of times but other than that had very few problems. It's more of a spectator sport now, the plants just grow themselves. I'd highly recommend having a look into it, its keeping things simple and sustainable. 

OK so maybe I should definitely rethink my options, minimal input from me definitely sounds appealing, plus I've already got the gear for brewing. Nice one chap!

P.S. sorry for slow response been in hospital for 4 days and then battled the flu, which I picked up there, for a week. I bloody hate hospitals. 

Thanks guys, all the best to you all :skin_up:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sid the Seedkiller said:

, perhaps I need to rethink my options considerably then. Cheers for the tip, ill check his dairy later. 

Yeah mate it's definitely worth a look. He's had a few challenges as well so it will give you the full picture,.but really other than dealing with pests which can be avoided with due diligence it's hard to find a downside. 

• Like 1

If you’re willing to go to soil, see if y’all can get “Dr. Earth” products. 

ive been using a 50/50 mix of their “homegrown”  (tomato stuff) and Flower Girl (bloom stuff) 

working great so far and it’s about $12 us for a 4lb bag. The standard home-improvement store franchises here stateside stock it and its organic.

it’s just the usual suspects. Shit like Alfalfa meal, bone meal, blood meal yadda yadda yadda. 

very pleased with it so far 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So six months after placing my original order the Hydrostore that did the dirty on me regarding my nutes order came through. Random package arrived with three bottles or Intense products. Not even a sorry note.. Good job I didn't need them aye.....

Incidentally on the talk of "no till", I dont think its going to be suitable option for me unfortunately, I grow a few little plants rather than one big one per tent, I like variety and not putting all flowers in one harvesting tray, as it were.  So I'm guessing my only option is coco now. :thumbdown: And I'm really not looking forward to all that PHing, PPMing and everything else that goes with synthetic nutes but hey ho, we do what we must I suppose.