The use of water when making vaping liquid.

Lancaster8

I want to start using a vaping pen during the day, as my health isn't great. I have already got a medipen CBD vape but I want to make some powerful THC liquid to put in it. I have always got kief in my grinder, and I saw a video on You Tube that shows that it can make good vaping liquid. When I have used Kief in other ways, I have never been able to get anything much out of it, so thought this might be a good way of making use of it? I already have the 2 necessary liquids to make vaping fluid, and have ordered some bits and bobs that I need from ebay. I will need to do this task on a very small scale, as I don't have a vast amount of kief and the vaping cartridges only hold a small amount of liquid anyway.  In the You Tube video, the guy making the vaping liquid started off with a pan of water, and added everything to it stage by stage.  He was explaining everything...except the purpose of the water.  I know many Americans use water when they are making cannabutter, which is something I never do. I have never really seen the point of it, and my cannabutter is always fine. Can anyone explain to me why this water is used in his video, and is it really necessary? If it used, then it is effectively a contaminant that needs to be boiled off anyway. 

Any comments welcome!

Cheers Guys!

5 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Have you tried asking the publisher of the video?

Atb 

He is bombarded with questions and doesn't respond to any of them as there are too many.

5 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

:yinyang:

I would imagine it's a good way of regulating temperature, thats the thinking behind using it when making butter. 

• Like 1

Sometimes water is used as it’s a higher boiling point than some solvents used.  I wouldn’t want water in what im vaping tbh. 

Just now, Arthur Mix said:

Sometimes water is used as it’s a higher boiling point than some solvents used.  I wouldn’t want water in what im vaping tbh. 

Thanks for your reply!  Yes, I think I will avoid using the water, just the same as I do when making cannabutter.  I have seen vaping liquid made in a magical butter machine. I have one of these, but the quantity would be massive. I am going to use a tiny little burner that is powered just by a T-light candle.  This has worked well for other concoctions in the past.

Vape pen due to ill health? So you want to inhale a mixture of hash and goo? 

Why no dry herb vape?? Low temps? If that fails, edibles. 

I have access to these pens through some Canadian friends, they give you a heavy lung feeling worse than vaping pure dry sift.. Ergh

• Like 1

And you don't get that high, so you compensate by sucking down more clouds of raspberry flavoured goo! lol

Just now, Slippy One said:

Vape pen due to ill health? So you want to inhale a mixture of hash and goo? 

Why no dry herb vape?? Low temps? If that fails, edibles. 

I have access to these pens through some Canadian friends, they give you a heavy lung feeling worse than vaping pure dry sift.. Ergh

I already have an Arizer vapouriser and also various types of edibles. I just want to try and see what can be made for a vape pen. If it doesn't work I will abandon it. I thought it might be good to use a vape so that I can still keep working! Daytime is different to what can be done in the evening!

I hate vape pens but having to bite the bullet for DMT as I don't want to be putting up my nose. To be honest I might just use a bad rig but carrying that out on country walks is not convenient. Water vape at 100c so that doesn't sound good at all. Ideally you would want something that evaporated at around 40c for DMT and no higher than 60c for cannabis. But I really do dislike vaping oils and fats as I always get throat infections from it. 

36 minutes ago, brock1 said:

I hate vape pens but having to bite the bullet for DMT as I don't want to be putting up my nose.

get a crack pipe mate, i used one when i had some DMT, and they are perfect, and will fit in your pocket, just don't get seen using it lol

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ratdog said:

get a crack pipe mate, i used one when i had some DMT, and they are perfect, and will fit in your pocket, just don't get seen using it lol

lol I was going to make 1 with a bottle but 2 exploded in my front room and 2 jars done the same yesterday  after trying to heat them to vape :banned:if someone seen me out with a crack pipe I would be labelled a full blown crack head and be accused of every crime in my town be the end of this week :mellow:

Just now, brock1 said:

if someone seen me out with a crack pipe I would be labelled a full blown crack head and be accused of every crime in my town be the end of this week 

just be discreet lol

• Like 1

Just now, ratdog said:

just be discreet lol

I will just use the dirty vape. Its safer than the police coming through my door because someone seen me with a crack pipe so I robbed their nana or some shit.:bangin:

Just now, brock1 said:

I will just use the dirty vape. Its safer than the police coming through my door because someone seen me with a crack pipe so I robbed their nana or some shit.:bangin:

you said you would be in the countryside, surely you can be discreet there? also, who does DMT with people even remotely close to them?

• Like 2