Disposing of the evidence

Gaijin

Years ago before they became so anal about checking you’ve separated stuff at the local recycling Center I took my nft waste in black bags there, stalks and roots sticking out of rockwool cubes matting everything they were dripping water. One of the guys helped me unload it all from car into the general waste skip while chatting to me about my car lol 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Flamedodger said:

My local council do a green waste wheely bin for £50 a year. Mine all goes in that, root balls anyway, the rest goes in my compost heap. It only gets emptied once a month, so a few grass clipping in too, no sweat :yep: It was a bit different getting rid of roots and matting from an NFT grow, that’s not something you see in a garden lol

Yeah we have a brown bin for garden waste. Supposed to monthly but it seems a lot less than that :rolleyes: I guess we pay for it lol I pictured the bin guys opening the lid on collection day and getting a face full of fermenting weed aromas, and crossed the idea off of my list. But then it seems that the bin guys couldn't give a monkeys what's in the bins as long as it doesn't ruin there day. So I'll probably start slipping the stuff into bins over time, I'd say

@Arbre Medicinal I did consider at least looking into how to "enliven" used compost, but didn't get around to it. If it's as simple as adding a teaspoon of "X" and reusing, that'll be what I do next time around

• Like 1

That's mad some places have to pay for the green bin. They collect ours every 2 weeks. Well not mine as it's lost in the jungle that is my garden :blushing:

• Like 1

On 09/04/2023 at 10:00 AM, KC said:

That's mad some places have to pay for the green bin. They collect ours every 2 weeks. Well not mine as it's lost in the jungle that is my garden :blushing:

Just asked the missus about ours; it's apparently 35 a month around here. I didn't actually know that you can put all your garden waste in your normal waste bin, she says. I guess the brown bin is a luxury. 

When her dad died, we ended up buying his house from the other siblings. Somehow they've missed that he's no longer paying. I guess they come and take the bin away when you stop paying for it. But they haven't taken it away :D So it's now free :D 

Not quite how I pictured myself finally "sticking it to the man", but it's a start lollollol 

• Like 2

Just now, Gaijin said:

I didn't actually know that you can put all your garden waste in your normal waste bin, she says.

here you are not supposed to throw food or garden waste in your black bin, seems like your county are a bit behind the times lol

you can take it to the recycling centre free of charge

• Like 3

@ratdog  It's all a bit strange around here, tbh lollol 

Where I lived in the US, in a small country town in the middle of nowhere, we could literally put anything out for trash collection. The rule of thumb was, if you put a huge pile out there, or wanted anything suspect taken away - you left an envelope on your porch with a 20 each for the guys. I left cases of beer a few times. A bottle of bourbon one time lol But yeah, they would take anything 

And then I came back to England and there was a green bin, a blue bin and an optional brown bin, plus a silly little bucket for food scraps :rolleyes: 

Just now, Fatboy77 said:

Thought you'd just grown your own pharmacy, it's half way up 'the man's' derriere already!

Oh yeah lollollollol I did, didn't I :D 

• Like 1