Disposing of the evidence

Gaijin

@mikeydoughnut from my neck ut'woods I reckon.... I am currently looking at a good years worth of root balls and stems sticking out of the veg pile. I chuck the lot in there, fuck it. I live in a part of god's country that's generally on fire. I'm not selling gram tens to 13 year olds so I just carry on regardless. Considering the amount of commercial crop waste I encounter about the place, I'm pretty sure I'll glide on through without incident.... 

• Like 2

Ey up @Idicanna jones. Aye if I had somewhere in the garden I’d save me some aggro and plop it there. I just have a patio and a lawn. I started building planters n that but I’m not a gardener and quickly lost interest. 
You’re right about commercial grows. I see dumped stuff on a weekly basis. You’d think it’d be in your best financial interests to do everything not to get caught. Seems dumb to me to go to all that trouble of setting up an illicit business then going leaving clues everywhere. The really odd thing is, all them grows and I wouldn’t have a clue where to buy a bag of weed lol 

• Like 6

@mikeydoughnut you obviously don't speak fluent Albanian. A friend of mine has a grow shop, and I'm literally his only English customer. He now speaks in several former Eastern bloc languages (he barely managed English previously, and he's English!!) 

I only persevere with the garden so that Mrs Jones dunt smash me knackers off with all the ganj I fire out. I'm a shit gardener (she calls me the Harold Shipman of shrubbery, shit comes here to die) I'm overlooked by about a million people, so it must be amusing to watch me dragging the light dep ladies out every bastard morning.... If I could blag her into letting me do a proper indoor grow, I'd save misen a lot of early morning leg work. Until such a day, I'm stuck in a tiny wardrobe and the garden of doom

• Like 5

I used to put the coir root balls in the woodburner and recycle the green waste with the food waste when i could grow at home:yinyang:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

Dogman?

You knows it, the fear is genuine lol

Also as a former kerbside refuse collection operative I can confirm nobody picking up yer rubbish gives a badgers nutsack what's in yer bin , just make sure there's a bag of cat litter or something rank near the top to deter any over zealous waste awareness officers (jobsworth twats them) if yer local authority uses them but actual bin men just want to go home, job n finish innit :yep:

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 4

I chuck it in the composter with a shot of canna zyme to speed things up 

I've heard people say an enzyme based drain cleaner will break it down quicker in the same way but I dunno how true that is Or how it will effect the compost long term 

But if you have a large enough container, drain cleaner will liquify it in a couple of days 

• Like 1

@BilgePump My two cats seem to stopped going indoors. I'd say we haven't changed the litter for weeks and weeks. The whole setup is decorative, nowadays :D And no, we haven't got Covid and lost our senses of smell;  I'm sure someone would have said something lol 

I can plan ahead, though. Lock the cats in until the necessary has been produced lollollollol 

In an emergency, I guess I could try and fill the tray myself :skin_up: 

• Like 3

One of the reasons I use my system is disposal of waste, especially rootballs. Without medium all that's left is roots, stems and leaves.

I dry everything then chop stems and put in a public bin, the roots and leaves are chucked on the lawn where the mower deals with them.

Like this...:yep:

large.SSCN1867.JPGlarge.SSCN1563.JPGlarge.SSCN1562.JPG

• Like 4

I'm fortunate to have a rubbish disposal chute in the building I call home, and there's about 110 flats all using it daily, down chute into the big metal bin, gets collected every week with no further thought or consideration from myself, I'll tie up any trim, after decarb or qwiso fuckery of course, in several carrier bags inside a black bin bag, done it this way for the past 7ish years with never a problem. The person/group/gang that's growing somewhere in my area on an industrial scale don't seem to care much about stealth, layby near me over the past few years has become the dumping ground for all their trim and old 10" ducting after every grow, I've been tempted to have a sort through for any decent trim, yeah so what waste annoys me, but the big council CCTV cameras covering that stretch of road puts me off, and leaves me puzzled why someone would dump all their grow evidence in view of cctv

• Like 3

Work somewhere that has lots of large wheelie bins for the 100 flats above, no cctv, during winter I would take a few bags from the car when it's dark whilst emptying the office bins and bin it all, probably 120L coco, few bags of material and rubbish, all at once , spread it across bins so it's at the bottom,  stuff gets collected with all the other flats and hotels. in summer it's a different story.... paranoia, night time runs lol

• Like 1

This is really interesting :D Everyone has a slightly different method. Some of you have great circumstances; I love the disposal chute, that's perfect

• Like 2

I’m lucky I guess, I have the space to get rid without bother. Chuck it on the compost heap or muck heap. No one near enough to smell weed, and if they were the pig/chicken/horse shit would cover it lol.

If I lived in a town, I think I’d just double bag it and chuck in the wheelie bin.

• Like 2

My local council do a green waste wheely bin for £50 a year. Mine all goes in that, root balls anyway, the rest goes in my compost heap. It only gets emptied once a month, so a few grass clipping in too, no sweat :yep: It was a bit different getting rid of roots and matting from an NFT grow, that’s not something you see in a garden lol

Edited by Flamedodger
Spelling innit
  • Like 1