New Here - Week 8 of my first ever grow.

Hibee1987

Hi from Scotland, currently on week 9 of my first ever grow.

Started with a Auto Kush XL seed in a 40x40x140.

No nutes, just dirty aquarium water change water with a ph of 6.5 for for watering.

Topped it early and I've a few main stems showing now. Not sure how long I have to go!

• Like 4

Looks like a tidy enough grow! I’m only half a grow ahead of you, so no experience really, but still a few weeks yet. My amateur guess which I’ll put out there just to see how close or far my guesstimate is, would be 3-4 weeks

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mister phlegm said:

good luck :) I'm in the same sized tent.

Thanks! Nice, what are you growing in it?

• Like 1

Hi and welcome :) 

I've only just finished my first grow, so I wouldn't trust anything I say unless 15 others confirm ........ but she looks like she still has a ways to go. Weeks not days. Maybe even the 3-4 weeks mentioned by @Dreamer420

But that would make it a 12-13 week autoflower, which seems a bit long. 

So I haven't been much help at all :D Sorry lol But someone with a bit more experience will no doubt pop in here soon :yep: Good luck with this grow and many many more 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

that would make it a 12-13 week autoflower, which seems a bit long.

Mine have generally gone 13 sow to chop, ~90 days apart from the exception below.

Thanks! Nice, what are you growing in it?

Two autos at a time usually. I've just replaced my tent and I think the old one must only have been 120 high, never thought to measure it lol

I'm starting a new diary for two auto shiva skunk tomorrow, they usually finish on or before 82 days.

I've diarised everything I've ever grown here and it's been helpful in so many ways. Highly recommend it for the rest of your first grow.

• Like 1

Just now, mister phlegm said:

Mine have generally gone 13 sow to chop, ~90 days apart from the exception below.

My apologies, you're right :doh: I grew some autos in my garden last summer, went back and checked the diary and yes, they were 12/13 weeks from day of seed hitting the wet paper towel. 

I think my brain was remembering the blurb on the seedbank - they were listed as being 8 weeks start to finish lol Soon learned not to believe what the pack says 

• Like 2

There are apparently some legit fast strains from perusing the breeders threads backalong (not that I want to breed) but I haven't tried any.

My only outdoor plant took the same time as the tent-grown seeds.

• Like 2

Hi and welcome :yinyang:

Starting my 1st growth as well with a tent size a little bigger than yours, starting with one Banana dance seed and see how that goes. :hippy:

Good luck

• Like 2

welcome @Hibee1987 

ehhh...@ function isnt working.  oh well.

Anyhow, welcome aboard.  Dirty aquarium water.  Interesting.  That strikes me as pretty logical while also being potentially weird and risky.  Curious how that all pans out.  Looks to be working well so far. 

Dig the Rickety Cricket avatar.  

• Like 1

Hi everyone, thanks for all the replies! My phone doesn't seem to like this forum very much so it's hard to reply to everyone until I get on the computer!

2-3 more weeks sounds about right, I'll keep my fingers crossed it's at the lower end of the estimate, the site I bought it from says 10 weeks so that would work out about right! I stunted it slightly as I had it in a shorter tent and by the time I bought a taller one the main stalks were touching my lights, that was in a 1 metre tall tent with the lights at the very top.

Re the aquarium water, when I say dirty, I just mean the water I take out for water changes. It's crystal clear and from a planted tetra tank where the aquatic plants grow like crazy. I had read a few good reports of people in the US doing it so I thought I'd give it a go. I do add a little calmag to it at 1ml per litre but nothing else yet.

Sorry for the long post, just trying to reply to everyone at once!

• Like 2

Basically aquaponics, it’s funny because it looks like you have tip burn which is normally over fert so must be enough Nutes in your water. Could be lack of phosphorus also tho. 

if I was using aquarium water I would by a PPM pen/meter and water it down accordingly with ph cal mag water. Would be interested to see what ppm you aqua water is:

I love stuff like this, I’ve see some guy In Africa who has fully sustainable fish/veggie farms doing this :fart:

• Like 2