Silver mottling??

Stigofthedank

Why hello uk420 family, 

Bit of a strange one, I came back today to silver mottling on my peanut butter cookies and only on the indicia leaning pheno. 

A strange silver mottling has appeared and its 100 % not from high humidity/moisture between the leafs as was there at lights on and they were praying for the light, was with them for a good hour, this has happened during today, lights on! Cannot find a sign of a bug anywhere :unsure:large.Screenshot_20230405_213906_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Day temp 24 - 26 / rh 60 - 66

Night 20 - 22 / rh 66 - 75

Really am stumped and hoping it's not viral and my head is just running away with me, 

Any help appreciated, much love stig 

Have you googled "Thrips" ? it's hard to see in your pic.

Edited by Greenfingers420uk

I thought this would be a powdery mildew issue but it does not look like it. Does this effect the whole plant or a specific area of it?

Yeah defo not thrips, only on certain parts and appeared in hours was on the loupe triple checking sex light cycle day before,  @BilgePumpon any help regards pm, usual remove and clean job or any reading /threads you can put me onto, 

Bless all the advice

Stig

Will try take more pics today and upload, thanks guys

It is very localised and only on the one pheno if that helps 

Big Love

:yinyang:

Edited by Stigofthedank
Extra added

7 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Hypochlorous acid will sort out powdery mildew :yep:

Any idea where to get this, and any reading you can forward appreciated 

15 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

I thought this would be a powdery mildew issue but it does not look like it. Does this effect the whole plant or a specific area of it?

Only certain areas :unsure: have had a bit of a shave to help air flow and took more cuttings, Airflow gonna keep close eye and will see how it fairs as I am not in flower may give a baking powder sprat and wipe with water tomorrow lights on and just keep a very close eye,

. Thanks for all the help stig 

2 hours ago, Stigofthedank said:

Any idea where to get this, and any reading you can forward appreciated 

Would you recommend this over Sbpi? 

Feels. Better suited to pm without nasties, any advice appreciated

Stig 

If it wipes off with a wet cloth it could be mildew. There are many easily obtainable sprays that could help. Or you could DIY with baking powder & soap, or vinegar solutions, or milk solutions. I'd just buy something suitable for edible crops. Don't spray if they are well into flower it will fuck up the taste of your buds.

The thing is to identify why the mildew occurred. The last time I had it, it was because the window I was drawing air in from had also gone slightly moldy. A bucket of bleach and a spray for the plants solved my issue.

• Like 1

large.Screenshot_20230407_083657_com.android.gallery3d.jpgMorning, so after many thoughts of what to do before I do anything more invasive other than defoliate, 

I did move my tent 90 degrees to the left and deep cleaned 4 days ago. 

Stumped :wallbash:large.Screenshot_20230407_083808_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edited by Stigofthedank
Extra image
  • Like 1

As an educated guess without physically seeing the plants mildew is possibly the cause. How many leaves are affected? if its only a few trim 'em and bin 'em. Is the issue spreading? When I had Powdery Mildew it affected plants on one side of the tent and spread fairly quickly. It also tended to appear in circular patches not something evident in your photos.

I showed a fellow grower and he nailed what it was straight away.

Edited by Lux_Interior
grammar

47 minutes ago, Lux_Interior said:

As an educated guess without physically seeing the plants mildew is possibly the cause. How many leaves are affected? if its only a few trim 'em and bin 'em. Is the issue spreading? When I had Powdery Mildew it affected plants on one side of the tent and spread fairly quickly. It also tended to appear in circular patches not something evident in your photos.

I showed a fellow grower and he nailed what it was straight away.

Yeah it's only on certain leaves, have shaved them off and a fair few extra to help air flow, was literally about to switch to 12 12, lucky but unlucky I suppose. 

If you are both thinking the same and I can't see any other thing it could be I am most likely going to go baking soda route as fully organic, what sprays would you suggest if I went other route?? 

Stig

I personally used Growing Success Fungus Stop (other brands are available) it claims to be pesticide free. It did leave residue on the leaves though.
Spraying during flowering would be a bad idea. It cured my issue along with physical preventative measures to stop the mildew occurring.

• Like 1