Early Frankenstien Harvest

CheechChongReturns

Ok. Lets explain the title.

I'm having a mess around or running an experiment ( If i want to sound like I know what im doing).

I have a few plants i popped as germination testers , just seeds I bred last year. They are about 16-17 days old.

1. Durban Dew X Auto Gelato .. I have 2 of these potted, 1 will get reversed and they will both get flipped to flower at 13.5/10.5

2. Maroc X RedPurps ... I have 3 of these potted, 1 will get reversed and they will get flipped to flower at 13.5/10.5

3. Auto Gelato(Double Cream)  .. 2 of these potted. Hopefully these will flower out in time to get dusted . 1 with DDxG and the other MxRP.

If it comes together , they will get flipped on the 7th April and all go out on the roof from time they get dusted. hopefully at the end of April.

Then we may have some seed action going on and maybe some reveg action to. 

Maybe grab some seeds in June ?!

Plan to dust an Auto Gelato , a DDxG and a MxRp with the reversed  DDxG

and the other Auto Gelato and MxRp with the reversed MxRp

Theres probably much i've overlooked, so feel free to point out anything ive not clocked, chinks in the armour and all that jazz.

CC

Edited by CheechChongReturns
  • Like 6

On 4/4/2023 at 2:27 PM, Dreamer420 said:

Lol, good luck with your experiment, hope you get what you’re looking for!

couple answers and a few beans will do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreamer420 said:

Are you not looking for a particular flavour or anything?

Not on this as the beans were only germination testers.

The DurbanDewXGelato has auto in it from the Gelato and some mutant genes from the DD. So crossing it with the Auto will at best give a chance at a mutant auto or any mad throwback. Like wise the cross with the 2nd DDxG ,will throw auto genes in from both sides  giving a mix of autos, semiauto/fast and  photo leaning , but may throw out some auto versions of the DD . However the cross with the MarocXredpurps may be interesting . Its the mutant traits that made me want to keep the gene to play with .

The MxRP crossed with the auto Gelato should give me something faster and maybe tighter than the MxRP and adding to the flavour.

This is more about seeing how young I can flip some seed plants and if the seed production will take priority over any reveg from the increasing light , to see if I can get an early breeding season before a standard grow.

I cant look to do too much with selective breeding with these plants as they havent done a season outdoors to grade them. They will have a go in the wild side by some reliable outdoor genes like RSGCs etc to compare and I will do a bit of selective breeding later on with the main grow. Plus , i'm just teasing out a CitralKushxAutoEuforia , trying to Auto it over this year .

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Dreamer420 said:

Crikey, a lot going on then really! All way above my head still lol 

Not enough time or space or I'd be doing more. Gotta try and cram everything into the outdoor season coz I don't have time or space in the winter to work indoors 

All just trial and error mate. Picking up lessons along the way and testing ideas . Some work , some fail and direct the next ideas. 

• Like 4

DDxGelato and MarocXRedpurps just had 36 hrs darkness. 

Both been sprayed .

the unsprayed 3 are in darkness until tomorrow.  

The DDxG has missed out the 2nd branches and has a similar mutant vigor as its DD mum. 

large.IMG_20230410_113625.jpglarge.IMG_20230410_113641.jpglarge.IMG_20230410_113717.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Ok gang. 

I may have mistimed this operation. The 2 Auto Gelato are now starting to flower but the photos that have been on 13/11 for 8 days ( sprayed and unsprayed) haven't gone in yet .

If they don't show by the weekend I may just top them and plant them out , or cut them up .

The photos are about 30 days old and 7 nodes , so should be on the verge of sexual maturity. So it's all about this next few days. 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Running later than i'd hoped for. I'd wanted to have pollinated by now , but I'm waiting for sacs to open.

Balls swelling nicely , stem rubs smelling sweet  on the trannys and the girls are pistling up .

Unless they splurt this week . It may be too late to dust the Autos Gelato, which are now on the roof.

But were good for some f2 on the DDxG(a) and the MxRP and a DDxG(a) x MxRP 

Guess now i'm looking for the DD traits in an Auto from the f2 to try and hack a DDauto of sorts.

large.IMG_20230507_163617.jpglarge.IMG_20230507_173936.jpglarge.IMG_20230501_135257-2.jpg

• Like 4

The plant your reversing needs to start flowering atleast 2 weeks before the plants your pollinating for further projects. :smokin: otherwise your plan would of been spot on & produced some nice fems :v:

• Like 1

Just now, brock1 said:

The plant your reversing needs to start flowering atleast 2 weeks before the plants your pollinating for further projects. :smokin: otherwise your plan would of been spot on & produced some nice fems :v:

I know :wallbash:

I might just make the cut off . I can let them run the full course if I get the pollen in time.

I'd usually have collected pollen earlier , but it was an off the cuff thing as I had testers going.

But it gave me an idea for next year. 

To select a couple photo strains I wanna use and an Auto . That way i'd reverse the Auto, harvest the pollen and dust the photos with auto pollen and have beans to test in june. But gotta start 2 weeks earlier and do the seed run indoors. 

• Like 1