6x chicken manure pellets

ghost gardener

The pellets are neater looking and shiny compared to other brands I've used with less dust, so possibly compressed a bit more than others.  I used it this year, mixed it with some hard wood ash, charcoal, home made vermicompost and then sprinkled some liquid seaweed extract in, a good mix in a bag and left in a shower of rain resulted in a well mixed powder that has been top dressed so far as ground waterlogged where I'm at.  Once the soil dries a bit it will be dug in with some perlite. Have used 6 X a few years and it's great stuff but not sure how much if any better than others it is. 

• Like 2

I use 6x fibrous chicken manure, it's always done well for me. I go for about 2 (large hands) handfuls in each planting hole/tube about 6-8 weeks before planting out. I also add bonemeal and FBB, 1 large handful each, again about 6-8 weeks before planting out. Seems to do the trick for 6-8 weeks growth before they start showing signs of hunger. So IME topdressing 5-7 weeks after planting out is a good idea. That then gives you another 5-7 weeks until the plants are starting to flower, which is time to topdress some potash, as well as whatever other basic fertiliser you're using, ie, chicken manure, FBB, bonemeal.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
On 30-3-2023 at 5:22 PM, DutchFox said:

i can not find the NPK of this produckt....but in my vieuw its just average dried chicken manure with a fancy name.....so i predickt its NPK TO BE  about 4/3/3, including 10% calsium and 2% mg and all micro elements for our plant.

Use is simple for our plant........use 1 teacup per 10 liter soil.  ( no more and no less..mix well...at least 1 month before planting, water in well and mix well )

so...a plant hole of 40cmx40cmx40cm = 64 liter...means 6.4 teacups per hole.

50x50x50 cm is 125 liter.....is 12.5 teacups.

succes !

i got pms.... 1 teacup here is abt 100 gram dried chicken manure  :) 

Use is simple for our plant........use 1 teacup per 10 liter soil.  ( no more and no less..mix well...at least 1 month before planting, water in well and mix well )

----

dried chicken manure pellets contains :

npk 4-3-3  average

10% calcium, abt 1% mg

all micro elements for our plant

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 1