6x chicken manure pellets

ghost gardener

just picked up a 20kg, any of u guys ever use 6x chicken manure pellets? how much would be enough for 1 hole? 

thx:smokin:

I hadn’t heard of this stuff before,

so I’ve just had a look.

It seems to be just a marketing strategy to make it look like this is better than all other forms of chicken manure,

but when reading the information I came across this statement “six to eight times richer than farmyard manure”.

So just use the same amount as any other chicken poop :) 

Unless someone else knows any better???

@Revive, @Exile420, @Slippy One, @ratdog ??

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

not sure about the claims being any better than regular pellets as the NPK of this stuff is 5-3-2 according to an amazon answer, and other brands are 5-4-2 so nothing special, but still a good product, just use sparingly and allow to break down for a couple of months before planting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ghost gardener said:

just picked up a 20kg, any of u guys ever use 6x chicken manure pellets? how much would be enough for 1 hole? 

thx:smokin:

i can not find the NPK of this produckt....but in my vieuw its just average dried chicken manure with a fancy name.....so i predickt its NPK TO BE  about 4/3/3, including 10% calsium and 2% mg and all micro elements for our plant.

Use is simple for our plant........use 1 teacup per 10 liter soil.  ( no more and no less..mix well...at least 1 month before planting, water in well and mix well )

so...a plant hole of 40cmx40cmx40cm = 64 liter...means 6.4 teacups per hole.

50x50x50 cm is 125 liter.....is 12.5 teacups.

succes !

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2

its says...

ANALYSIS:

Compound Fertiliser UK:

• Total Nitrogen (N) 3%
  • Total Phosphorus Pentoxide (P2O5) 2.5% (1.1% P) of which, soluble in water 2.2% (1.0% P)
  • Total Potassium Oxide (K2O) 2.0% (1.6% K)

Low Nutrient Fertiliser containing organic material IRL:

• Total Nitrogen (N) 3%
  • Phosphorus (P) soluble in water 1.0%
  • Soluble in mineral acids only 1.1%
  • Total Potassium (K) 1.6%
  • Typical pH 6.5-7 Contains Magnesium, Calcium and all important trace elements.
Edited by Owderb
Link removed
  • Like 1

thank you for the info guys !! shoulder injury has held me back abit this year but its still early anyways. next visit shall be the chicken pellet and fbb sprinkle session:thumsup:

2 hours ago, DutchFox said:

use 1 teacup per 10 liter soil.

can you give an estimate to how much that is in weight? seems like a lot from what i can find

vitax suggest;

Vitax 6X Pelleted Poultry Manure for Flowers, Vegetables and Soft Fruits:
Apply two to three handfuls per sq.m. When planting add a good handful as a top dressing when required. Avoid direct contact with tender young plants - scatter the pellets roughly 50 to 80 mm away from the young plants and work the poultry manure into the soil. For heavy feeding plants, repeat the application at 2-3 week intervals.

• Like 2

I don’t like handfuls measuring I weighed a handful of something the other day that said on back of packet “one handful is approx 35g” but my handful weighed 90g on scales! Hands like shovels :) 

I have no idea what a cup weighs or what volume it is either I searched and found all sorts of answers its very American. 
I took the 6x to stand for success probably stoned lol I have the 6x soil conditioner stuff definitely has chicken manure in it but don’t know what else. 

• Like 2

its decent stuff i usually chuck a handful in the hole,under the roots and then re apply at the base of the plant when they need it maybe twice until chop

• Like 1

Make sure you have at least 20 percent worm castings in your soil mix , and the microbes will look after the breakdown.

Leave a month before plant out