guerilla boat....the answer in dry summer times?....

DutchFox

That's crazy. Just move your plot of it gets on top hahah. 

What about drainage tho , if it rains very heavy? An also most and fog would be a rot heaven

• Like 2

I'd be shitting it every time it rains, especially in a good downpour, river levels can rise dramatically and with little warning.

5 minutes ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

I'd be shitting it every time it rains, especially in a good downpour, river levels can rise dramatically and with little warning.

The boat would rise with the water? aslong as you ty it down well id be confident.

• Like 2

I have always wanted to do this but on a raft. I might experiment with a few plants this year if I have the time.

• Like 2

@all  thanks you i succeeded in surprizing you i gues....

1....a boat is just a pot :) and we all know...a pot in guerilla is far from ideal...  :( 

and...there is no drain in the pot....

thats why there is wood below in the boat....the idea is that there is the water buffer.

and that worked for sure.....the plants made roots for soil....and made water roots same as in hydro.... :)

of course...when plants are small and excess rain......the excess water was taken out of the boat. the bucket you see in the pics was used for that.....

when plants were bigger and no rain...the boat needed water.

this plot was used 4 years....then the boat was found in winter....

to give you an idea of the plot....wetlands....and a small lake was surrounded by trees.

the boat was dragged 800 meters over land in winter to its place.

the boat was secured in the middele of lake for full sun.

what does it take such a project...

1..you need a boat to get there.

2...a partner who like to fish nearly every weekend

3...the drive to make a plot....to get a smoke.....

so several hobbys combined :) 

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 4

offcourse...growing in wet lands is not easy....so for genetics you need to look for auto...super auto or early semi-foto...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

The boat would rise with the water? aslong as you ty it down well id be confident.

In smooth flowing water that might be the case but, in a raging torrent, after a flash flood, nah, I simply wouldn't risk it. Maybe use the boat to get to somewhere more inaccessible but that's about it, plus it's a boat, it's watertight, you're not going to put drainage holes in it are you?  :hippy:

On 29-3-2023 at 5:16 PM, Underdog said:

I have always wanted to do this but on a raft. I might experiment with a few plants this year if I have the time.

in the 80 ties in Amsterdam canals area i saw a float with holes in the top side ....and a pot on it.....

our plants makes roots in soil....and can make water roots as in hydro.....

that float needed never to be watered :) 

so thats a better idea as a boat :) ...imho

• Like 3

Just now, kc stoner said:

Awesome.

Did they grow roots out of the boat into the water 

no....but on the bottom of the boat there was wood....and that was the water buffer.....water roots sucked it up.....

gallery_10622_7569_112269.jpg

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, kc stoner said:

Could you use rope wicks buried in the soil hanging in the water so they wouldnt even need watering ?

yes that could be done...

i tried with waterbottles  and pots that wick method........and i never found the perfect rope to give wickwater....in most cases the wicks over watered the pots.... :( 

and with the boat....in the begining of seison there was usually too much rain and the plants small.....so we needed to take out water from the boat....

in mid summer....the plants were bigger and the boat needed water.....in sept/okt the rain was usually too much so we needed to take out water again...

we looked also at pump system with battery...but also the boat was not all the time evenkeel....but with extra weights we kept the boat evenkeel and not listed.....so the water buffer was divided over the whole boat.

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2