Alskaes RGS GG

Alskae

Hi all running 7 RGS strains this year, all seeds will be popped late next month for a mid-May plant out. My plot is about 6x3.5m and I have 21 beans total so will clear a bit more space and try and get them all in there mid May. Soil has been fertilised with FBB and chicken manure pellets, also have some FBB to sprinkle in before they go in and some SOP for flower. At lat 52 so hoping the weather treats me nicely, best of luck to everyone else this year.

large.Screenshot_20230104-181937_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20230115-180921_Gallery.jpg

large.1.jpglarge.2.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, OldFord said:

Nice selection of beans mate.    The very best of luck with the run  :yep:

Yeah hoping they all turn out well I've started germing a few for mother plants to take some cuts off as I have a couple other spots in mind were I could put them. I've started germing freezland, purple freeze, fast lemon cake and green gold. I've been scouting on Google Earth and spotted several potential locations where I could put some, went and visited one of the spots today and took some photos so I'll post them here once I upload them to the website.

• Like 4

Good hunting sir ,   a nice little patch of GG heaven is a wonderful place :yep:        

The Lemon Cake was last to sprout for me , took a few attempts but they were first to show & complete  ,  a wonderful aroma and very nice end product,  very impressed with them.  

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 2

large.Screenshot_20230305-160639_Gallery.jpg

This is where I was scouting out today from most places its difficult to access but few places it is possible to get in. I'd say overall it is less secure than my main plot but the journey there is a lot less dodgy than to my main plot where I have to cross a busy road when there is no cars and quickly run down this like hill/ditch, so if I get seen doing that looks very suspicious whereas the journey to the place I went to today is all fields. So I guess both plots have their benefits, the one I was scouting today is right by a motorway and dog walkers shouldn't be an issue. The whole area is farm land but this specific bit is overgrown with loads of spiky bushes and brambles on the perimeter but once you get through that it's quite clear, only way I'm thinking it gets found is either by the farmer or if someone smells it and starts searching around through the bushes.

Light coverage to me looks quite good there are some trees to the east and the west but they are quite far away so I don't think they would block too much light. They will receive south facing sun aswell so looks worth a shot to me to put a few there and hope for the best.

Edited by Alskae
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Alskae said:

Yeah hoping they all turn out well I've started germing a few for mother plants to take some cuts off as I have a couple other spots in mind were I could put them. I've started germing freezland, purple freeze, fast lemon cake and green gold. I've been scouting on Google Earth and spotted several potential locations where I could put some, went and visited one of the spots today and took some photos so I'll post them here once I upload them to the website.

Shit why didn't I think of that Google earth that's a top shout mate never entered my head save a lot of leg work deserve a gold star mate

• Like 1

On 05/03/2023 at 11:06 PM, Baron von greenback said:

Shit why didn't I think of that Google earth that's a top shout mate never entered my head save a lot of leg work deserve a gold star mate

Yeah mate honestly it's very helpful cause when you zoom into the floor you'll be able to tell if it's just flat and green that its grass and would be a shit spot with no cover. What you are looking for is areas where it looks a lot more overgrown like bramble bushes or tall nettles. Another good thing with Google earth is that you can see a lot of public footpaths spots near public footpaths should be avoided unless it's a very concealed spot with limited access as late in flower the smell will travel quite a distance.

I'll try get some example photos of what to look for in overgrown areas because once you know what you are looking for I found a good 5-10 potential spots in a 15 minute search. A lot of images from Google earth may be outdated so it's best to go and check the spots out yourself once you have found them to see if they are any good.

Also big thanks to @panik, had some germing issues with the 3 pack of gg#3 so messaged him about it 2-3 days ago more just came through the post today and he's sent me 12 beans as a replacement so I appreciate that mate :yep: could not ask for better customer service.

• Like 2

On 05/03/2023 at 4:47 PM, OldFord said:

Good hunting sir ,   a nice little patch of GG heaven is a wonderful place :yep:        

The Lemon Cake was last to sprout for me , took a few attempts but they were first to show & complete  ,  a wonderful aroma and very nice end product,  very impressed with them.  

Yeah I've heard some good things about the fast lemon cake so I'm hoping the end product of that is nice.

What lat are you at and did the lemon struggle with rot at all?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Alskae said:

Yeah I've heard some good things about the fast lemon cake so I'm hoping the end product of that is nice.

What lat are you at and did the lemon struggle with rot at all?

Sadly i never got to smoke any of it lol     Friends say its very nice in the mouth and pretty pokey.     I have only had it in choccy and it was very nice.   

Im lat 52 / 53  ,  no dramas at all and taken all the way through to 25% ambers ,  took in 2 stages with 12 days apart and zero dramas at all ,  highly impressed and would def run again.  Very nice bud structure and smells incredible ,  got some in the jar and i find myself having a good sniff lol     

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Alskae said:

Yeah mate honestly it's very helpful cause when you zoom into the floor you'll be able to tell if it's just flat and green that its grass and would be a shit spot with no cover. What you are looking for is areas where it looks a lot more overgrown like bramble bushes or tall nettles. Another good thing with Google earth is that you can see a lot of public footpaths spots near public footpaths should be avoided unless it's a very concealed spot with limited access as late in flower the smell will travel quite a distance.

I'll try get some example photos of what to look for in overgrown areas because once you know what you are looking for I found a good 5-10 potential spots in a 15 minute search. A lot of images from Google earth may be outdated so it's best to go and check the spots out yourself once you have found them to see if they are any good.

Ye cheers mate first time doing outside so hopefully I can find a good spot 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been to the plot for few weeks up until today because of the shit weather got a couple hours in though, dug 20 holes, filled them all with about 10L of compost, I plan to add some coco aswell but I don't have that at the minute.

Next visit which might be tomorrow I'll be adding the chicken wire cages around the holes that I've dug that way I'll be all ready to for the May plant out.

Also I only got one photo and it's shit, didn't really want to keep my light on incase anybody seen.

large.Screenshot_20230318-002521_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3

So far I've germinated 1x Freezland, x1 Lemon Cake, x1 Purple Freeze, x1 Green Gold all have popped and are doing well despite the very cold temps by the window. About a week later I popped x12 Gorilla Gold #2 seeds which are regs I want to chuck the males out and take cuts of the females got a 100% germination rate out of these however only have 11 because I snapped one by accident. I want to take cuts of everything because I have some more spots in mind where I'd just chuck a few in the ground with just some dry ferts and without much prep to see how they do

Here are the 11 Gorilla Golds which are growing quite quickly compared to the others I suspect this is because the others have had to deal with some really cold nights by the window.

large.Screenshot_20230318-223117_Gallery.jpg

And if anyone is wondering why I'm using the cubes it's because I couldn't be assed to get a bag of soil and the cubes cost pennies so just went with them.

• Like 7