De/ Humidifiers that work with controllers?

Dreamer420

I’ve got my dehumidifier in my growspace with a continuous drain to outside and one very good upside is that it raises the temps to such an extent that my heater is rarely on, even during some cold spells. I have a 1m tube heater and it is 180w, the dehumidifier pulls 80w, so saving on leccy. :yep:

• Like 2

On 05/03/2023 at 8:04 PM, Military Grade said:

My dehumidifier is rated for a 5 bedroom house, What Smart controller are you using for your extraction?

I don’t have a smart controller on the extraction yet. Marshydro unit. Seems to just bounce from completely off to the highest setting you allow, then back off again. Not very intelligent. 
a couple grows in I’m sure I’ll upgrade to ax infinity. But for now, I need a dehumidifier for drying, so I got that. I figure easiest way for the moment will be a cheap humidifier to go on the controller with it and see how it goes…

Another reason I’m going this way is thinking to the future.

I figure if I ever do expand to two grow rooms, then I could have one lung box that serves both. 
Also, even when I an ac infinity controller, if I can guarantee that the air entering the tent is within a few degrees or percent of ideal, then the fan controller should have an easy time of keeping it a lot closer to ideal.

As the grow is in my poorly insulated garage, that leaks through the walls, I figure being able to improve the consistency of the air intake would be good.

That’s how I grew up until this current grow. In my limited experience fan controllers can deal with temp but not so much the humidity. I used to have my shed heated with dehumidifier like a lung and even with the inkbirds controlling everything I had big variations in humidity. 
I even toyed with the idea of heated ducts, but it’s just more money on the kit and energy bills. 
You only need the humidifier when vegging, google vpd charts that’s a good start for target environment. :yep:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/03/2023 at 10:33 AM, mysticriver said:

I concur

unless u have a problem with r/h, why are u bothered with controlling it? 

tell me more, I want to understand

edit- all im saying is: low/high humidity isn't a problem unless its high in late flower, in which case a dehumidifier is useful

I used to humidify in seedling n veg but now I dont bother & it doesn't make a whole lot of difference either way, imho

my electriq cd20L dehum works with controllers like u require 

mystic

low humidity makes quite a difference one of are rooms struggles with very low humidity and have to run a gas humidifier other wise the plants suffer and don’t get the healthy growth.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 05/03/2023 at 8:04 PM, Military Grade said:

My dehumidifier is rated for a 5 bedroom house, What Smart controller are you using for your extraction?

2nd that I a few days same. 

Bedroom is lung room, about to buy dehumidifier and setting 2nd up so last thing I want is a maeco too small....  :unsure: and @Flamedodger

Madness, talk about inflation!! :thumbdown:take it you rate the ram, I just worry about "grow tax" as that's the target audience. 

Decisions decisions, thank fuck for you guys on uk420 

:hippy:

Stig 

Edited by Stigofthedank
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stigofthedank said:

about to buy dehumidifier

mine's a good 'un

electriQ CD20L

you can adapt hoses to it to do the tent while it sits outside

mystic

• Like 1

Just now, mysticriver said:

mine's a good 'un

electriQ CD20L

you can adapt hoses to it to do the tent while it sits outside

mystic

Check them out now, worth looking 2nd hand and giving some tlc or just brand new new

Stig 

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if its relevent but ac infinity have a humidifier that will run off their smart controller.

• Like 2

It is relevant, for when I’ve saved enough pennies for all the gucci gear! Ac infinity really sound like they’ve got all their shit in one sock. Price to go with it though…

• Like 1