De/ Humidifiers that work with controllers?

Dreamer420

Hi,

so I’ve been trying to find a suitable humidifier and dehumidifier for a new lung room.

I can set a dehumidifier and maybe even a humidifier to a set humidity level, and leave them run. But the dehumidifier uses a fair bit just moving air when it’s not dehumidifying. And I don’t know how accurate they would be , so

i could end up with both going at the same time…

using a controller to turn them on and off should give better control and most efficient running, but all the ones I’ve found have an electric on off button rather than say a rocker switch. So once they’ve switched off then on again, you’d have ro physically press on again. 

can people suggest below ones that definitely would come in straight away when used with a humidity controller..?

many thanks

dream

I use an Inkbird IHC200 wifi with both my humidifier (RAM) and dehumidifier Probreeze 12l, although I use the continuous drain. Works well :yep:

Can't believe the prices dehumidifiers are nowadays.  I bought mine for £129 in 2020  :shock:

Edited by Flamedodger
  • Like 3

I also use the IHC-200 wifi. 

Had to remove the on/off switch on the dehumidifier & supply direct for the reason you stated. 

• Like 3

I have not long bought a Meaco 12L low energy unit, I have switched the unit on and then tried switching off and on at the wall and it works ok. I am assuming this means it will run with a controller ok.

• Like 1

Cheers for those suggestions guys. 
I was looking for slightly more budget kit, can’t afford £200 for a dehumidifier unfortunately.

I did order an electriq 155w one for £90, has an electric on off button but I just tried that and it comes back on when flicked off at the plug, result!

I will def be looking at one of these ram humidifiers too, thanks

56 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Ditch the humidifier

I concur

unless u have a problem with r/h, why are u bothered with controlling it? 

tell me more, I want to understand

edit- all im saying is: low/high humidity isn't a problem unless its high in late flower, in which case a dehumidifier is useful

I used to humidify in seedling n veg but now I dont bother & it doesn't make a whole lot of difference either way, imho

my electriq cd20L dehum works with controllers like u require 

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 1

My humidity is like 35-43, so I’d like to raise that during veg. It’s great during flower, and will be for drying I’m sure, but I’d just like to try raising it. 
I know you’ve said you haven’t found much difference, but I’ve heard from a few others that it does, during younger stages and especially under led over also heard. So I’ll try it and see for myself I guess.

the dehumidifier is only really for use during drying, the rest of the time we’ll use it in the house. But I have it available if with more plants in the humidity rises during flowering.

I figure the more things I can keep in ‘the ideal range’ the better, and should narrow down things when problems occur…

Oh and as for using the fan controller, I can’t seem to set a minimum speed for auto control. So it switches off when it hits then right humidity, then turns on 30s later, then off then on…. I’d rather keep it on a constant.. wish I could set it to say level 3, but allow it to go down to 1 or up to 6 dependant on temp and humidity. 
a better controller is something to save for at some point 

If the plants are small enough to not be creating their own humidity, turning the extract off is fine, they'll be big enough to have the opposite problem in a few weeks.. Just keep the extract 24/7 thereafter. 

• Like 1

Also a suitable space helps keep humidity and temps more ‘normal’,should you be struggling. Definitely more economical. Have a lickle veg tent if you have room. It’s a shit having tiny lickle things in a big 2m tall tent. Goes without saying really but space n brass dependant. As said above once they’re of a size no bother …

• Like 3

When it comes to dehumidifiers it is recommended to only use external controllers with desiccant ones, this is because randomly turning off and on a compressor one will gradually damage the compressor and a possible fire risk. They will give you plenty of warnings in the manuals.

My bedroom acts as a lung room to my tent and I find just running the dehumidifier with its built in controller works very well combined with a AC infinity 69 controller for extraction, last grow I kept it under 50%or under for the whole of flower, you just got set find the setting % that works for your space.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 4

On 04/03/2023 at 3:36 PM, Military Grade said:

My bedroom acts as a lung room to my tent

me too but I found that even with the dehum on full whack, it wouldn't drop the r/h in the tent that much [it was high at the time - high 70's, late flower, emergency manoeuvres kind-of-thing] 

the r/h in the room was about 45%, but I couldn't make a huge dent in the tent r/h

that is, until I piped the dehumidifier in & out of the tent

edit - I prolly would have had better results had I started the dehum earlier, but I still found it hard to shift the humidity downwards from outside the tent when there was 8 big plants raising it inside

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 1

My dehumidifier is rated for a 5 bedroom house, What Smart controller are you using for your extraction?

Rot is the main reason to use a dehumidifier. That's why I've bought one, had some rot during my last two runs.

Edited by purepotstill