IWS Pro XL flood and drain

badbillybob

@badbillybob I use the pro iws system with a small layer of pebbles at the bottom and then filled with coco,, but i use the old inner punched pots as the new ones are more like baskets and the coco tends to drop out into the base pots,, i feed once a day other then at the start when the babies are rooting where i just flick the switch every otherday myself.. 10 plants under 2 maxibright 660w leds gets me around 1500 grams which is over the gram per watt :yep:

• Like 3

oooft , that very good growing mate.

i think im gonna advertise some of my excess grow gear on the bay of eees, get some cash behind me, and just go large.

On 28/02/2023 at 8:49 PM, GSZZ said:

tbh if anything the IWS is far more solid than the Alien systems, of which were a bit all fur coat and no knickers. I'm not sure if they still use them or not, but the Alien F&D systems used to come with these probe sensors instead of float switches lol the shop i worked at, at the time, used to get a lad in every other week, brain bucket in hand and a story about the bedroom ceiling coming down lol 

i find the alien easyfeed system very good i just make sure the area is covered incase of a leak 

• 4 months later...

Hi all on my second run with this very impressive I must say I did mess up a little and I was overwatering for a few days but they turned round quickly only think am back using loads of clay pebbles been trying to do some research but can’t find much after reading in the Hempy buckets and people saying perlite is very good and can reuse it quite easy so as anyone tried it in IWS was thinking 1” clay pebbles then perlite then 1” clay pebbles to keep some weight at the top ?

• Like 1