Prescription UK

puppygirl

3 hours ago, iShouldCoCo said:

Yeah, I only take my meds out of the house when I am going to visit family - I rarely go anywhere else! Never needed to show anyone my prescription/tub. Generally, most people have no clue about the 2018 Misuse of Drugs Act change to enable cannabis to be prescribed. It's bonkers.

Yes, I am a medical user of a couple of years, I'm with Lyphe. If you're prescribed pregablin for pain, it's worth checking out Leva clinic also.

Also, there's a good thread on Reddit on the topic of 'best' clinic.

Thanks iShouldCoCo, put my mind at rest knowing it is real. Ill also check out Leva, thanks for that x

• Like 1

I hate to say this but the way the medicinal cannabis legislation was drafted has led to medicinal cannabis patients getting arrested and charged merely for being over the legal limit whilst driving.

It's not being treated the same way as other prescription drugs. Maybe not in all cases but there's definitely a problem that needs to be resolved so do be careful.

Not to say people should drive impaired but frankly it's ridiculous someone can drive on opiates, even drugs like quetiapine and not cannabis. I do think though that the mixing of opiates and weed in particular is a bit problematic but hey. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, soto said:

I hate to say this but the way the medicinal cannabis legislation was drafted has led to medicinal cannabis patients getting arrested and charged merely for being over the legal limit whilst driving.

It's not being treated the same way as other prescription drugs. Maybe not in all cases but there's definitely a problem that needs to be resolved so do be careful.

Not to say people should drive impaired but frankly it's ridiculous someone can drive on opiates, even drugs like quetiapine and not cannabis. I do think though that the mixing of opiates and weed in particular is a bit problematic but hey. 

I've not come across anyone being charged who was in possession of a legal prescription. Have you got some links to cases?

Here's another quote that's relevant to roadside testing (from gov.uk 'Changes to drug driving law')

How will the new laws affect you if you’re taking prescription medicines?

You should continue taking medicine(s) as advised by your doctor or healthcare professional, or according to the patient information leaflet that comes with the medicine.

The new law gives the police powers to test and arrest drivers suspected of driving after taking certain controlled drugs in excess of specified levels. It also provides a medical defence if you’re taking medicine in accordance with instructions from a healthcare professional or an accompanying leaflet, provided you’re not impaired.

If you drive and take prescription medicine, it may be helpful to keep evidence of this with you in case you’re stopped by the police.

1 hour ago, iShouldCoCo said:

I've not come across anyone being charged who was in possession of a legal prescription. Have you got some links to cases?

Here's another quote that's relevant to roadside testing (from gov.uk 'Changes to drug driving law')

I don't know the specific cases but I'm told that Cancard is currently representing several people that are in this situation and apparently there's a mismatch between the Road Traffic Act and whatever that bloody medicinal cannabis Act is called from 2018 that I can't find the name of which is making it easier for police to prosecute.

Edited by soto

14 hours ago, iShouldCoCo said:

Also I should point out that no-one is being charged for being in possession of prescribed medicine. It's being over the THC limit whilst in control of a motor vehicle that they're being charged with.

Edited by soto
  • Like 1

On 18/02/2023 at 2:07 PM, soto said:

Also I should point out that no-one is being charged for being in possession of prescribed medicine. It's being over the THC limit whilst in control of a motor vehicle that they're being charged with.

Interesting. Given the defence for medication, I can only imagine that those patients fell foul of this:

(4)The defence in subsection (3) is not available if D's actions were—

• (a)contrary to any advice, given by the person by whom the drug was prescribed or supplied, about the amount of time that should elapse between taking the drug and driving a motor vehicle, or
  • (b)contrary to any accompanying instructions about that matter (so far as consistent with any such advice) given by the manufacturer or distributor of the drug.

Yo @puppygirl I am just about done with Lyphe/Dispensary Green. Being fucked around a lot this month having to chase a repeat prescription rewrite which may well end up being a rewrite of a rewrite. They are having serious stock issues and are being cagey about the reasons, resulting in patients (like me!) going without any meds and not being told when they might be able to expect them. Something is afoot and I'm not entirely sure what. It smells a bit like they are having bigger issues than supply chain.

I'd save yourself some stress and look at alternative clinics. Do bear in mind the access schemes like T21 and others if finances are short.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, iShouldCoCo said:

Yo @puppygirl I am just about done with Lyphe/Dispensary Green. Being fucked around a lot this month having to chase a repeat prescription rewrite which may well end up being a rewrite of a rewrite. They are having serious stock issues and are being cagey about the reasons, resulting in patients (like me!) going without any meds and not being told when they might be able to expect them. Something is afoot and I'm not entirely sure what. It smells a bit like they are having bigger issues than supply chain.

I'd save yourself some stress and look at alternative clinics. Do bear in mind the access schemes like T21 and others if finances are short.

Good to know, thank you. 

I hope you get your meds sorted out. 

Big love

PG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, puppygirl said:

Good to know, thank you. 

Big love

PG

ADD:- I guess that is why its good to be self sufficient as well. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, puppygirl said:

Good to know, thank you. 

Big love

PG

I have managed to get my prescription split so they will hopefully send my daytime meds at least. They are indeed doing a rewrite of the rewrite for the evening strain and I'll have to wait for that to be sent by post from the Dr to the pharmacy which can take up to a week... :angry:  My symptoms are flaring up and all the faffing and stress isn't helping. I can't be having my private healthcare providers triggering me, but that seems to be the case (having separate issue with AXA not paying out and leaving me in debt). Anyway I heard on the grapevine that Dispensary Green (owned by Lyphe Group) sacked their logistics/supply chain person which has a big part in this situation. They brought it on themselves.

1 hour ago, puppygirl said:

ADD:- I guess that is why its good to be self sufficient as well. 

Absolutely.

Edited by iShouldCoCo
I am a fuckwit

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve decided to look into the medical way too.

i must say though, what makes me most worried about it though is at the moment the authorities have no idea I smoke weed.  I don’t want any issues with my driving licence or other licences as a result. 
but the knowledge of having a legal prescription in your pocket in case you get stopped somewhere would be very reassuring and calming.

shame to hear that a dispensary is having issues also, if a pharmacy had issues with a standard prescription, alternatives would be sorted pretty quickly…

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

My partner experiences neck, back pain and migraines (prescribed meds for this), do you think she will qualify for a prescription? What are the qualifiers, completed Lyphe pre questionnaire and it advised to book a discussion with a doctor but don't want to waste £49. Thanks for any answers. 

2 hours ago, weenswong said:

Hey guys,

My partner experiences neck, back pain and migraines (prescribed meds for this), do you think she will qualify for a prescription? What are the qualifiers, completed Lyphe pre questionnaire and it advised to book a discussion with a doctor but don't want to waste £49. Thanks for any answers. 

I'm not sure but I'd have thought you'd get it for such chronic pain. It's worth considering potential contraindications, like for example if you'd had psychosis in the past and they thought there was a risk a cannabis prescription could trigger an episode. 

I'm not saying cannabis causes psychosis mind, just saying it's not completely unheard of for people to be denied cannabis prescriptions on this basis.

• 2 months later...
On 22/02/2023 at 6:48 PM, iShouldCoCo said:

I have managed to get my prescription split so they will hopefully send my daytime meds at least. They are indeed doing a rewrite of the rewrite for the evening strain and I'll have to wait for that to be sent by post from the Dr to the pharmacy which can take up to a week... :angry:  My symptoms are flaring up and all the faffing and stress isn't helping. I can't be having my private healthcare providers triggering me, but that seems to be the case (having separate issue with AXA not paying out and leaving me in debt). Anyway I heard on the grapevine that Dispensary Green (owned by Lyphe Group) sacked their logistics/supply chain person which has a big part in this situation. They brought it on themselves.

Absolutely.

was looking into Lyphe but not sure now after reading this post, are you using someone else now? also pardon my ignorance (no idea you could even get green on a legal prescription) but how does it all work?

thanks in advance

Just now, callywally said:

was looking into Lyphe but not sure now after reading this post, are you using someone else now? also pardon my ignorance (no idea you could even get green on a legal prescription) but how does it all work?

thanks in advance

Hey, Lyphe have improved greatly since then. Mainly because lots of patients moved to a different clinic. I stuck with them and haven't had problems since. I am planning to move to Mamedica. If you qualify for their access scheme, it's a no brainer.

In short, you need to have tried two 'failed' frontline treatments prescribed by your GP and you need to have a condition that is treated by your pharmacy of choice. You then book an appointment with a clinic, they ask you to provide your Summary Care Records which you get from your GP (some clinics accept NHS  SCR exports, Mamedica dooesn't).

Once accepted by the clinic, you'll have an appointment with your Dr and they will prescribe you. It can take up to a week for the meds to arrive as the clinic has to send the prescription via snail mail to the pharmacy. You usually have to have a follow up after a month, and then if you're stable on the meds - you need a quarterly review. You can request repeat prescriptions from the pharmacy in between these quarterly consultations.

All the clinics have different pricing structures but the main thing to know is that you also need to pay for the flower (FLOS as they call it) or oil on top of any repeat prescription fees, consulatation fees etc. Flower starts around £5 and goes beyond £10. Don't expect Cali or top drawer presentation. It's pot luck whether you get popcorn or chonky buds and the terps are always a bit lacking across the board because it's all imported at the mo.

Check out the Medbud wiki for WAAAAY more info on this topic.

• Like 1