Prescription UK

puppygirl

Hi,

Is anyone using Lyphe? 

Im about to have my first appointment with them to be prescribed bud. It seems legit.  

Anyone had experience? 

Yep, been with TMCC (now Lyphe) for a couple of years under Project Twenty21. I was able to get 60g a month for £300 (plus fees). Gorilla Glue and Green Gelato are the best I've tried in the NOIDECs range on the P21 formulary. The £150 cap on 30g has been lifted recently though and is now a minimum of 5% discount. Stock issues are still a thing. Lyphe/DG were unable to fufil my preferred script this month so I had a rewrite of different strains, which are more expensive. Hence me being back here.

What else do you want to know?

• Like 1

I've been questioning if I should get booked in, but it sounds ridiculously expensive.

How does it work in the work place and driving? I'd love to have a small hit in the day, it'd certainly make me happier and less anxious but I don't know where you stand legally if caught driving even with a prescription.

15 minutes ago, mystic_roots said:

I've been questioning if I should get booked in, but it sounds ridiculously expensive.

How does it work in the work place and driving? I'd love to have a small hit in the day, it'd certainly make me happier and less anxious but I don't know where you stand legally if caught driving even with a prescription.

Don’t be driving with any cannabis legal or otherwise in your system, it’s not worth losing your license and all that comes with it, the limits ridiculous imo.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mystic_roots said:

Depends on the employer and the role. Some will be like 'cool, thanks for letting us know' and others will be like 'go home, you're suspended unril we pay our lawyers lots of money to try and get rid of you' and everywhere in between. The latter usually end up paying out and offering return to work etc... It'll take time.

Driving, same as other drugs you are prescribed. Do not drive if intoxicated, use medication as directed by Dr etc. If you're driving erratically while stoned, you should not be driving.

The roadside drug tests are not a sobriety/capability test and as far as I know, it rarely gets to the stage of testing levels of THC for med users.

Police are the same, some will be like 'Oh cool, I've heard about this' and others will be like 'GET IN THE BACK OF THE VAN' - and everywhere inbetween. The latter usually end up returning the meds, apologising and promising to educate officers on the topic. Not heard of anyone being prosecuted for holding a legit CBPM prescription and meds fwiw.

Edited by iShouldCoCo
  • Like 2

On 15/02/2023 at 2:02 PM, puppygirl said:

Hi,

Is anyone using Lyphe? 

Im about to have my first appointment with them to be prescribed bud. It seems legit.  

Anyone had experience? 

How did your appt go?

You know, I've looked at getting a prescription. Then I saw a couple of companies at the Product Earth show and chatted with them, it was really interesting. But the thing that stopped me was hearing the DVLA are just nixing licenses on the prescription list. Is that fear mongering? Probably, but I think it might be a bit early for me to get in on all this.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Keye said:

You know, I've looked at getting a prescription. Then I saw a couple of companies at the Product Earth show and chatted with them, it was really interesting. But the thing that stopped me was hearing the DVLA are just nixing licenses on the prescription list. Is that fear mongering? Probably, but I think it might be a bit early for me to get in on all this.

Oh, that's some thing I never even thought off.  I dont drive much, and when i do I dont smoke that day. It'd be a bit unfair if that was the case.  (edit to add :- to be fair the medication the dr gives me (that i dont take) , I am unable to drive on that too as it is a controlled drug (pregablin) .. so... i dunno. I just want a prescription, to cover my self with the law. Just like with my tablets that i get from my legal drug dealer (DR) ))) 

Edited by puppygirl
add more

On 15/02/2023 at 10:58 PM, Barry blunt said:

Don’t be driving with any cannabis legal or otherwise in your system, it’s not worth losing your license and all that comes with it, the limits ridiculous imo.

The Dr gives me medication I can not drive on.  Im lucky as i dont drive much. I like to walk with my dog. Or my partner drives. He is as clean as a whistle. 

So, either way im done. If its pregablin or cannabis its still the same charge. So i just dont drive, and when i do drive i dont take/smoke annnnnnny thing for at least 12 hours before i set off. 

Ok, well. 

Thanks for the comments. Some good points and issues raised. Some i didnt even think off.  

Im going to go ahead with it , and ill let you all know how it goes. 

Until then.  Love and peace to you all. x 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, iShouldCoCo said:

Depends on the employer and the role. Some will be like 'cool, thanks for letting us know' and others will be like 'go home, you're suspended unril we pay our lawyers lots of money to try and get rid of you' and everywhere in between. The latter usually end up paying out and offering return to work etc... It'll take time.

Driving, same as other drugs you are prescribed. Do not drive if intoxicated, use medication as directed by Dr etc. If you're driving erratically while stoned, you should not be driving.

The roadside drug tests are not a sobriety/capability test and as far as I know, it rarely gets to the stage of testing levels of THC for med users.

Police are the same, some will be like 'Oh cool, I've heard about this' and others will be like 'GET IN THE BACK OF THE VAN' - and everywhere inbetween. The latter usually end up returning the meds, apologising and promising to educate officers on the topic. Not heard of anyone being prosecuted for holding a legit CBPM prescription and meds fwiw.

Sounds about right, its more or less what the nice lady on the phone said.   

I guess they cant take away anything because you use some thing for medication. Not when alcohol is sold in every corner shop anyways. They would have to take potential drinkers licenses away too just in case the do drink and drive in the future.  I guess. 

The medication is delivered  to your door. If you are driving and need to take a bit, take only whats needed and keep it in the tub with the label on. Its much safer than parking up on some street corner waiting for a kid , blacked out from head to toe on a electric mountain bike. 

Can i ask, are you a medical user and what service do you use? Please. 

Thank you. x x

Edited by puppygirl
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, puppygirl said:

Sounds about right, its more or less what the nice lady on the phone said.   

I guess they cant take away anything because you use some thing for medication. Not when alcohol is sold in every corner shop anyways. They would have to take potential drinkers licenses away too just in case the do drink and drive in the future.  I guess. 

The medication is delivered  to your door. If you are driving and need to take a bit, take only whats needed and keep it in the tub with the label on. Its much safer than parking up on some street corner waiting for a kid , blacked out from head to toe on a electric mountain bike. 

Can i ask, are you a medical user and what service do you use? Please. 

Thank you. x x

Yeah, I only take my meds out of the house when I am going to visit family - I rarely go anywhere else! Never needed to show anyone my prescription/tub. Generally, most people have no clue about the 2018 Misuse of Drugs Act change to enable cannabis to be prescribed. It's bonkers.

Yes, I am a medical user of a couple of years, I'm with Lyphe. If you're prescribed pregablin for pain, it's worth checking out Leva clinic also.

Also, there's a good thread on Reddit on the topic of 'best' clinic.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Keye said:

I've not heard of that myself. Here's what I have read (from a Medical Cannabis and Driving Safety report on gov.uk):

6.1 Regulations around driving eligibility
Misuse of or dependence on cannabis is a basis on which the DVLA may refuse or
revoke a driving license (DVLA, 2016). However, prescribed medical cannabis is
treated differently, in line with other prescribed medications.
The DVLA requires by law that drivers tell the agency about any medical condition that
could affect driving, and for certain named conditions, depending on the class of
vehicle and details of the condition and treatment, the DVLA must be informed (DVLA,
2021a) (DVLA, 2021b). The DVLA will make an assessment, which may involve tests
or contacting the patient’s doctor. They may then revoke or change the duration of the
patient’s license or require them to adapt their vehicle. Patients must also inform DVLA
and give up their licenses if their doctor tells them to stop driving for three months or
more, or a medical condition affects their ability to drive safely for the same period.
The only condition requiring mandatory notification for which medical cannabis is
commonly used is epilepsy (DVLA, 2021b). Most prescriptions are for conditions that
do not carry a legal requirement of notification, although prescribers reported advising
patients to notify the DVLA of their prescriptions to comply with the law and to avoid
risking losing their insurance coverage in the case of a collision.
The DVLA produces guidance for medical professionals on assessing fitness to drive,
to help professionals advise patients on whether to notify the DVLA of a medical
condition (DVLA, 2021c). This guidance states that “doctors and other healthcare
professionals should”:
• advise the individual on the impact of their medical condition for safe driving
ability;
• advise the individual on their legal requirement to notify the DVLA of any
relevant condition; and
• notify the DVLA directly of an individual’s medical condition or fitness to drive,
where they cannot or will not notify the DVLA themselves.
The DVLA guidelines refer to patients being “free from any medication effects that
would impair driving” as a condition for continuing to drive or resuming driving following

medication. The guidelines give an outline of the elements required for safe driving,
(such as attention and concentration, good reaction time, and coordination) but it is
down to the individual driver to judge whether their ability to drive safely is impaired.
Both guidance documents and interview participants suggest this judgement is often
made following discussion with the driver’s doctor. Participants commented on there
not being a clear test for impairment, though some mentioned the type of thing they
would advise patients to look out for, reflecting these element required for safe driving.
One mentioned carefully assessing patients’ speech for slurring during consultations,
particularly as a sign of impairment by traditional pain medicines. One key informant
mentioned having to ask DVLA for direct guidance on several occasions as the
information on their website was “unclear”.

Edited by iShouldCoCo
  • Like 1