HELP PLEASE! New Mother/Veg tent & Flower tent set-up?

Dr-Grow-Well

large.BD93894E-7345-473D-A247-5FACF10F19D3.jpegHi guys, none of this is set up yet however I have all the equipment apart from the 2 LED lights

hopefully you guys can understand my drawing lol

new area being designed and thought out.

QUESTION 1)

I would like to squeeze another tent in between my extraction and flower tent to save money and space on running extraction for both.

can it be done and how?

QUESTION 2)

also I have a 6 inch RVK fan but a massive 8” Mountain air carbon filter and 8” ducting. I know I can just buy a reducer but would a rvk 6” be able to extract these tents sufficiently or should I upgrade to 8”?

I do have enough equipment to run a 4” extract in the mother tent however like I previously stated, it would be nice to be more efficient.

Because of all the advice on UK420 I decided to get a bigger CF than what I would need. Because people say it’s safer to have a massive CF so that you don’t have one too small and run into issues.

I did not expect this Industrial 4ft tall monstrosity to turn up at my door and me wonder how the fuck I’m going to mount hanginging from a tent lol.

large.DF6449A1-AB15-4E67-815A-4CB107E196FB.jpeg

that is why in my design I have drawn the cf and fan at the opposite end and therefore will need to make an enclosure so that the air is pushed out of the wall and into my living room. I was just going to let the tent suck in fresh air from under the bedroom door and I’ll leave a small window open in my flat.

QUESTION 3)

I'm a little worried about the open window however due to me living in a ground floor flat and so technically I’ll be leaving my flat in-secure when I’m out. Thoughts please?

QUESTION 4)

3m x 1.5m green qube tent

1.2m x 1.2m black orchid tent

How is the optimum/ideal way to use these 2 tents? Bare in mind, I would like to keep mothers and potentially breed my own plants in the future.

Thank you very much guys. I look forward to hearing from you all.

• Like 2

Pretty sure @Fatboy77 runs multiple tents off one extractor, hopefully he can offer some advice. 

Not sure if you might have some humidity issues if your extracting straight back into the flat? I imagine you'll need a dehumidifier and probably quite a big one..

Definitely wouldn't be leaving your window open though, seems like that's asking for trouble. Most houses are far from airtight so you might be ok without. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

@MindSouphello bro and thank you for joining the convo.

the humidity, heat and also just wanting nice fresh air for the plants was the reason for suggesting I would leave a small open window.

I wondered if there was a way to leave the window open but secure aswell. Maybe some type of grill that gets screwed to the PVC around the diameter of the rectangular window on the inside. Like a “letterbox cage”

or if you or anyone else have a concrete idea instead?

thanks guys

The RVK is it the 6” L1?

That pulls just over 700 m2 per hour. So in theory you could very well be able to refresh the air in both tents at the prescribed rate. However it wouldn’t leave you much room to crank it up if it’s too toasty or too humid. However you might have all that in hand regards dehumidifiers n that. 

It can make a bit of noise plumbed into a cheap controller and going at a decent rate, as mine is. But some noise can be negated with a decent controller. I grow at the gable end of the house so I couldnt care less. But it is a good old fashioned solid bit of kit, still £90 odd quid to buy. If you decide to upgrade I’d suggest an EC fan. More economical and quieter. 

Regards open windows. Mine have been closed all winter. As has been said. No house is completely sealed. Fresh air gets where water dunt. I’d just let them take the air available in the house. If it makes you feel better just crack the window when yer home. Have a look on’t big river for some kind of universal window lock that allows it to be left ajar n only Flat Stanley could squidge his way in. 

Regards having some kind of ordered set up/system for growing, vegging, mams, cuts etc I’m getting to grips with that me sen. I get too far ahead of myself. All I can say is let it happen naturally and don’t feel like because others do it you have to. I’m still too far infront of myself. I’m only just flowering plants I popped in august. If I could start afresh. One pack of seeds. One tent. One step at a time. If you try to do too much at once it becomes more like work. 

good luck owd chap :) 

• Like 3

Thank you everyone for chiming in, I would love to hear from anyone who is currently using multiple tents/rooms for vegging, mothers, cloning and flowering.

@mikeydoughnut I’m definitely not a very experienced grower but when I take on a project I like to do it perfectly and to the best of my ability. Obviously I don’t get my grows perfect but I become a little autistic perfectionist when I start things I enjoy and so because I already have enough equipment to run 2 tents, I would like to make the plans and ideas now so I’m ready and confident on my own.

I don’t have any dehumidifiers, just a humidifier because I had low humidity on my previous grow in a 1.2m x 1.2m. That’s why I’m asking these questions now. I’m experienced in the building trade so haven’t got any issues drilling holes or putting in extract vents and basic wiring. 

it’s just how to run the optimum cycle with 2 tents of my size and if any equipment is insufficient then what should I replace it with. 

I think I need a 8” for sure if I’m using both tents connected together, however if I just use a 4” fan for my mother tent then I will be ok on the 6” for my big tent.

im unsure if my rvk is the L1 as it is in my storage unit down by the south coast and will be collecting it later this month but I’m guessing the 6” won’t be a problem if I use separate extract systems for the tents.

I will buy some kind of window lock just in case I do have humidity issues and condensation issues in my flat while I’m out. But hopefully as you guys suggested I will be able to leave them closed. 

I will carry out a test run for 24-48 hours before I crack any beans. I know however this won’t show a true representation of the humidity due to the lack of plants. But will help with an idea of temps and air/light leaks etc

thank you guys, I look forward to hearing any other ideas

• Like 1

If your extracting back into the house with no dehumidifier you will 100% get humidity problems, you either need to find a way to extract out of the house or get a pretty powerful dehumidifier, something that can pull the same from the air as you put into your pots each day. Maybe you could board up that window and extract out of that? Or have window security bars on it and one of the things mentioned in this thread. 

• Like 2

large.358DF464-C8EB-4B13-A523-91FDC54E116B.png@MindSoup

i would be unable to board up a window and vent straight out because I’m in a ground floor flat right next to the main entrance and visible to the entire street. I would literally be begging to be ripped or raided.

I did however find a company on eebbaayy

who sell these, I would need to see if they will make me a custom size however 4 of these mounted vertically would stop anyone climbing through the small window but this means the humidity levels should be ok if I keep my living room door closed and semi sealed then most the air should escape out of the open window and therefore the tent room should be sucking in dry air I hope lol

now it’s just to learn the best/optimum way of using 2 tents of my size

thank you

Even with the window open, if your extracting back into the flat your going to have humidity issues. A tent that size will be pushing out gallons of water a day as well so you'll need a pretty hefty dehumidifier to keep up. 

1 minute ago, BilgePump said:

Personally I'd put the filter on the other end, pulling through it rather than pushing air out of it :yep:

:yinyang:

Good point hadn't clocked that. I reckon make a housing for the CF to have it inline, then if there's any leaks between the 2 tents they'll be under negative pressure. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

my set ups similar, I use the veg tent as a pre-warmer, inlet to the room is passive and relys on the door being open, inlet to the veg tent is passive, inlet fan runs from the roof of the veg tent blows into the bottom corner of the flower tent, outlet runs from a carbon filter on the far side roof out through a window open a few inchs, i bought a 8" circle to 3" long rectangle converter wedged it out the window with a layer of net curtain so its not to obvious, fitted a cheap air con window cover thing to the sides of the window try get as much of the humid air outside and not come back in, i ran this same set up all of last year with no real humidity/temp issues, didnt even do to bad through the heat waves. hope this makes sense and isnt gibberish lol 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Personally I'd put the filter on the other end, pulling through it rather than pushing air out of it :yep:

:yinyang:

It might seem like I’m following you about bud but fuck my stump, I never noticed that lol … aye better off sucking through the filter, apparently pushing air out through them shortens their lifespan, dunno how true that is. This will also allow you to run the ducting to your chosen spot for getting rid of stale air :) 

• Like 2

I would always normally mount the CF in the tent (pulling air through it). However the thing is 4ft tall and weighs about 25-30kg lol

im scared of mounting it to my Green Qube tent roof however they are supposed to be some of the best quality tents with 22mm poles.

it would scare the shit out of me that it will bring the tent and lights down while I’m away and come back to the fire brigade and police at my flat lmao

• Like 1