Is this a new thing?

lambrettats1

I have just ordered a  Maxibright Varidrive LED 720w Grow Light which runs off a std 600w digi ballast. There were a couple to choose from one being the Maxibright and the other a Lumi. Both look to be of similar spec and both run off digi ballast. The only reason i chose the Maxibright is because you get one extra years warranty.

Does anyone have one of these lights? Or one similar, as in running from a digi ballast and what are the pitfalls? 

Are these a new concept or am i as per late to the party? I also have a par pro + which is a little smaller at 465w so hopefully i can ditch the expensive to run hps bulbs soon and just run from seed to harvest with these two.

• Like 1

Just now, BilgePump said:

Haven't maxibright just sold up? I'd check where you stand on that warranty bro.

:yinyang:

TBH It wouldnt surprise me. Hopefully i can cancel my order if they have. Thanks for the heads up.:yep:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lambrettats1 said:

TBH It wouldnt surprise me. Hopefully i can cancel my order if they have. Thanks for the heads up.:yep:

Go see Adam on here for led light if you cancel mate you have no problem with warranty even on clearance stuff

• Like 1

Just now, Baron von greenback said:

Go see Adam on here for led light if you cancel mate you have no problem with warranty even on clearance stuff

Thats who i got my par pro from mate.

I had quite a low budget to play with, tats why i went for the Maxibright

I have been searching for info on the Maxibright situation and cannot find anything saying they were closing so i hope @BilgePump can point me in the right direction

Edited by lambrettats1
  • Like 1

I wanna say one of the larger distribution companies bought up their remaining stock , it's mentioned elsewhere on the boards I reckon, bare with me guys I'll try to find out, typically daylight lighting technologies or whatever maxibright otherwise trade under isn't registered on companies House in a manner that's easy to find.

:yinyang:

Just now, lambrettats1 said:

Thats who i got my par pro from mate.

I had quite a low budget to play with, tats why i went for the Maxibright

I have been searching for info on the Maxibright situation and cannot find anything saying they were closing so i hope @BilgePump can point me in the right direction

What size is the maxibright light I got a few lumatex good lights don't know about them selling up ask Adam he will know mate

• Like 1

@GSZZ

Maxibright shut shop on the 23rd of December last year, highlight got their remaining stock but I'm not sure they will continue manufacture once its gone. Their old HID control gear was some of the best there ever was though, I still have some original 315w CMH maxibright ballasts with the Philips control gear, they still work! 

Do you know any more info on this mate? Before i splash 4 ton on something with no warranty?

TIA

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baron von greenback said:

What size is the maxibright light I got a few lumatex good lights don't know about them selling up ask Adam he will know mate

It is a 720w unit mate. I dont think i am allowed to put a link to it in so its full description is 

Maxibright Varidrive LED 720w Grow Light Hydroponic Full Spectrum .

Peace

17 minutes ago, lambrettats1 said:

Do you know any more info on this mate? Before i splash 4 ton on something with no warranty?

I'm still not 100% sure whether they will continue manufacture but it seems unlikely. Personally I wouldn't be buying anything maxibright atm unless it was a super good deal, and I wouldn't be expecting any warranty to be upheld - mind you its a bonus if they do. 

TBH that varidrive thing looks just the same as the lumii version, same wattage too isn't it? Maybe just get one of those, atleast Hydrogarden are still alive n kicking.

• Like 4

Guest anarchycamp

It's odd as it is just a 250/400/600/boost Varidrive HID ballast which gives an extra 10%.

Dunno how they make that 720 and not 660?

But how the fuck is it working? 

E2a: I've got one upstairs(ballast)

Edited by anarchycamp

Guest anarchycamp

Surely we could all just be sat on an LED fixture for summer and HID for winter with one ballast.

Let's face it a Meanwell 480 is well over a ton, probably more by now

22 minutes ago, anarchycamp said:

Surely we could all just be sat on an LED fixture for summer and HID for winter with one ballast.

Let's face it a Meanwell 480 is well over a ton, probably more by now

If it wasnt for the price of leccy then this sounds ideal

Guest anarchycamp
Just now, lambrettats1 said:

If it wasnt for the price of leccy then this sounds ideal

If you're using heating for your LED, you'll be using a similar amount I'd have thought. 

I honestly think using HID is cheaper for me running 600w, 2 x 12'osc fans and extract total watts is probably less than 800w altogether, lights off probably +100w roughly all in