Shade paint

Clubs

So, I've got access to a sun terrace this year, which is fucking ace. There's enough space for a small greenhouse on it, which has sun from late morning through until the end of the day.

The spot is out of view of the neighbours but I have family and friends round so need to hide the inside of the greenhouse and was considering using some greenhouse paint but obviously don't want to block light transmission too much. At lat 54 so need as much light as possible. 

Can anyone recommend a decent paint or offer an alternative way of doing this?  I need the plants right up against the wall of the greenhouse to capture the best of the light so hiding them behind other plants won't work.

TIA

Clubs

Me and a mate did a grow in his mum's greenhouse using that stuff, we're a bit further south but it worked fairly well iirc. One thing I will say though, even with that paint, one leaf touching the glass will give the game away, that and the stink. She was not happy with us by the end of the summer lol

If you do give it a go then be careful they don't touch the sides. A carbon filter and a decent EC fan will help with the smell (and high humidity/temps which is another major issue with greenhouses) but be quiet enough that people shouldn't hear it. 

Another option to the paint is to just get a polycarbonate greenhouse. 

• Like 1

TBH , in a greenhouse , in summer shade paint isn't an option !!! it will get too hot  other wise ! 

What gives the game away is the artistic shadows when the suns in the wrong direction . 

Lack of ventilation / humidity will be a challenge too .

Watered down  white emlusion worked for me .

Edited by Doby Mick
  • Like 2

Thanks lads. I can keep a roof vent open for heat and humidity, open the door slightly on hot days, not that we get many of those up here lol.Was thinking of some Jack Herer autos or similar to keep the stench to a minimum and they need to be finished by early August or my mum will find them and steal them......fucking stoner lol

Good advice on the leaves. I'll keep an eye on them if they're up against the glass, neighbours are at a good distance so should be safe. :yep:

Edited by Clubs

Use bubble wrap around the inside of the greenhouse.

Can buy cheap red plastic Christmas baubles to hang off the plants so it looks like tomatoes from outside.

Keep some shop bought tomatoes in the fridge so if anyone asks to try them, you say you picked some this morning 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BluePeter said:

Use bubble wrap around the inside of the greenhouse.

Does bubble wrap do the job OK then? It does sound a bit easier. Does it do a good job of obscuring what's inside?

• Like 1

Just now, Clubs said:

Does bubble wrap do the job OK then? It does sound a bit easier. Does it do a good job of obscuring what's inside?

Yes mate. Pick us some and test it first to see how it looks 

• Like 1

Just now, BluePeter said:

Yes mate. Pick us some and test it first to see how it looks 

Will do, cheers mate. I guess you just cut window-sized pieces and stick them on with transparent sticky pads or something then? 

3 hours ago, Clubs said:

vent open for heat and humidity, open the door slightly on hot days,

Keep it fairly empty then. Without proper extraction and circulation fans your humidity will get really high and you'll be in real bud rot territory. 

Whatever strain you grow it will still absolutely stink TBH.

• Like 1

an alternative way of doing this?

Don't use a greenhouse, just hide them away when you've got company.

Lots of positives for not growing in a greenhouse.

ATB

PR

Edited by Punta Roja
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Clubs said:

bubble insulates...and blocks sun light...alot 

greenspan foil even blocks 14 %....so only use when needed

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 1

Just now, Punta Roja said:

Don't use a greenhouse, just hide them away when you've got company.

Lots of positives for not growing in a greenhouse.

ATB

PR

growing yes......but bloom ...no....

25 minutes ago, DutchFox said:

growing yes......but bloom ...no....

Why's that?

The smell?

The plant will benefit more from living Al fresco than cooped up. Don't you agree?

You know yourself what it's like when it's looking like Jumanji in there with no or little airflow... :yep:

Not to mention inspecting the plants. Pests/disease/mould/flower progress/trich checking/gender determination/picking up the pot to weigh it/et cetera.

If poss light dep for the win.

E2a:

Less cost - no greenhouse to buy.

No chance of overheating - remember 2021?

Edited by Punta Roja
  • Like 1