Bit of a predicament & not sure what to do?

130RMORGA03

I’d say to forget pots as they dry out really quickly.

Me and my brother grew in pots in neglected piece of land between two farms on our first try about 8 years back.

Couldn’t last two days without plants drooping to the point of looking dead at times. During sunny periods.

Spent to many hours doing water runs and plants didn’t get big due to being stunted to often 

Probably would have been cheaper to work those days and buy bud, honestly :rofl:

• Like 1

To the west of where I was going to grow  I've got this wooded area. It's about the size of 4 football pitches so possibly a completely new place for me to give a guerrilla grow a go. I'm gonna scrap the idea of growing in pots and dig holes instead. I've had loads of feed back & decided plants are going in the ground. Saturday I will search this area. Thanks for all the help. large.FormatConvert_20230207_230257_7039.jpg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BluePeter said:

I’d say to forget pots as they dry out really quickly.

Me and my brother grew in pots in neglected piece of land between two farms on our first try about 8 years back.

Couldn’t last two days without plants drooping to the point of looking dead at times. During sunny periods.

Spent to many hours doing water runs and plants didn’t get big due to being stunted to often 

Probably would have been cheaper to work those days and buy bud, honestly :rofl:

Least you made an effort & learnt from your mistakes. Thanks for heads up

I got a uestion off topic from my original post. 

I've order a few different strains from real gorrila seeds which are all fast version. I'm gonna order auto flowering seeds in nxt couple of weeks. So my question is can I start auto flowers off in peat pots & then plant peat pots directly into the ground? 

Thank you

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 130RMORGA03 said:

I got a uestion off topic from my original post. 

I've order a few different strains from real gorrila seeds which are all fast version. I'm gonna order auto flowering seeds in nxt couple of weeks. So my question is can I start auto flowers off in peat pots & then plant peat pots directly into the ground? 

Thank you

Yes mate. Can use them.

• Like 2

Yeah mate that's what I've heard a few people recommend on here, make sure you get the good pots, jiffy brand, RGSC sell them so you can grab them with your seeds. 

• Like 1

On 08/02/2023 at 9:02 PM, 130RMORGA03 said:

can I start auto flowers off in peat pots & then plant peat pots directly into the ground? 

Yes mate, that's how I do it - peat/fibre pots straight into final pots or outdoors, the ground. Don't forget to put some slug pellets round the wee girls, or there may not be much left next visit... :) 

• Like 1

After taking everything on borad. I've decided to scrap the idea of using growing pots, plant's are going in ground. After scouting around the new potential area I've found a new spot. 

Its in a very remote area & well out of the way but the only down side is I've noticed deer pellets (shit). 

Have any 1 grown around areas where deer live? 

Plants will be surrounded by chicken wire but don't think it would be much of a defence against deer. 

My area has always had a lot of deer and muntjack, they do seem to like messing with ganja plants, but a good perimeter fence always goes a long way. I always mark my territory as well, have a big drink before you leave and piss all over your fence etc every time you visit. The position of your plot makes a big difference, anywhere that acts as a natural thoroughfare is a no go, you need some natural barriers to discourage them from wandering through. TBF the last time I did a GG I didn't use any protection at all and the plants where all fine but that was probably a fluke. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 130RMORGA03 said:

After taking everything on borad. I've decided to scrap the idea of using growing pots, plant's are going in ground. After scouting around the new potential area I've found a new spot. 

Its in a very remote area & well out of the way but the only down side is I've noticed deer pellets (shit). 

Have any 1 grown around areas where deer live? 

Plants will be surrounded by chicken wire but don't think it would be much of a defence against deer. 

Same as what MindSoup said,  piss is a deterrent to them so alongside a mesh wire fence around your plants and having a piss in the bushes they should stay away, that's not always a guarantee though. I'm lucky to not have many deer in my area so I don't have to take as many precautions, rabbits are my enemies this year lol

• Like 2