WTF is going on? crazy issues in veg

dr no

Hi Folks,

My first time posting here...

Here is the background info:

These babies are at my friend's house, I don't get to see them that often so it's a little hard for me to keep on top of what he is doing but we have never had issues like this before...

We are growing in coco, using shogun A&B as base nutrients and also using Rhizotonic, We have a flower enhancer too but that's not relative to this issue as these poor babies are in Veg state. We aim for a PH of about 6.

They are in standard plastic pots in a 1.5m tent with decent airflow (6 inch intake and an oscillating fan above the canopy). Temps range from a minimum of 18C lights off to a max of 27C lights on.

We have just upgraded our light to a sun system rs 1850 from an old style 1000W (dimmable) HPS type fitting. 

I first noticed the stems turning a little purple about 2 weeks ago under the old light, about 5 days later we swapped over the light. Light is currently at 50% of max, giving approx 25-30,000 on the light meter i use at top of canopy. I flushed the plants about 8 days ago (when these photos were taken, photos in 2nd post as coming from my phone and i cant type this much on a damn phone) hoping to sort the issue but if anything it made it worse. they certainly haven't improved over the last week and hardly used the water.

Any ideas wtf is happening here? I've never seen anything like this before... the stems are so purple they are almost black!

These are clones of plants we have grown before (2nd gen clones), the strain is Cali Seeds Blue Dream and we have had no issues with this strain before.

If you require any more info then please just ask... really need to sort this if possible. Close to binning them and starting again but that means no smoke for months :( which as you can imagine is not ideal.

thanks for your time,
Dr No

8 minutes ago, dr no said:

18C lights

That's too low, your roots will be getting too cold at those temps. 23° is a good minimum to aim for.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dr no said:

giving approx 25-30,000 on the light meter i use at top of canopy.

25-30,000? What unit are we talking here? Lumens? What are you measuri them with? 

This might be useful. 

Migro (guy in video's) also has loads of other helpful I go about using LED lights and what level of intensity to run at different stages etc.

Edited by MindSoup

17 minutes ago, dr no said:

I flushed the plants about 8 days ago

dont think u need to be flushing them in veg, this will only drain the nutrient stored in the leaves

mystic

also the links you guys are showing me are blank... is this all some damn security crap on my browser (chrome) and if so any ideas on what to change

thanks

5 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

dont think u need to be flushing them in veg, this will only drain the nutrient stored in the leaves

mystic

yeah i looked at them yesterday and the leaves are very yellow now, much yellower than they are in the pictures i cant show you lol

17 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

That's too low, your roots will be getting too cold at those temps. 23° is a good minimum to aim for.  

18C is lights off, i thought that was an ok temp for dark period?

please guys... someone must have an idea why i cant upload the photos... ive tried from both desktop and phone and i get the same error (-200) from both platforms. pictures are jpgs and all below the required size threshold. It just wont work and its very frustrating.

3 hours ago, dr no said:

is this all some damn security crap on my browser (chrome)

Yeah this site it still http so any chromium based browser won't really work. I now use duck duck go browser on my phone and it works flawlessly. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1