DWC how soon should the roots be visible in pots

stoner

Don't disturb the pebbles at all....don't even peek !

Any disruption to the 'crown' at this point is going to set them back...I trim roots when they are coming out the pebbles and one or two streak away from the rest.

I'll be honest....I hate auto's and putting them in DWC is gonna be tricky IMHO.....but you have obviously made it work before.

Get them in the system now....Get the water to tickle the bottoms......still top feed till they get out the nets :yep: ....basically everything @stu914 said :yep:

Is the bottom of that tent warm? whats the temps like ?

• Like 3

stick em in the system. theyre autos and every day is a day closer to the end for them. id punt them into the pots, top water for a week, se if the roots are out. if they are, crack on, if not, cut your losses and start again

• Like 3

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

stick em in the system. theyre autos and every day is a day closer to the end for them. id punt them into the pots, top water for a week, se if the roots are out. if they are, crack on, if not, cut your losses and start again

large.tumblr_lcn80qd6ob1qaa5c1o1_500.gif

large.63d97ed1dba36_IMG_20230131_202519_copy_851x1135(Small).jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, stu914 said:

@Baron von greenback

Both pots are 4" (100mm) and the mesh one is used from start to finish...works a treat...:yep:

Google 'wreath rings' and you'll find the one's I'm using, pretty sure there are different sizes...:yep:

Ok @stu914 cheers when you have them in that plant pot do have your drip feed system on them or do you hand water until you put into your system mate

• Like 1

@Baron von greenback

I have them straight on the automatic system as soon as the first tap root appears from the cube.

Once a day when they're really tiny then work up from there, ending up at 15min on 45min off, 24/7,

far too lazy to hand water bud...:rofl:

• Like 2

So to update, 1 plant now has a root of 5mm out the bottom and the other has 2 at about the same

Still not sure if the damage is already done so I've got another 2 seeds waiting to germinate :skin_up:

If the original 2 are OK I'll just soil grow or some shit lol

• Like 1

On 01/02/2023 at 11:36 AM, stu914 said:

@Baron von greenback

I have them straight on the automatic system as soon as the first tap root appears from the cube.

Once a day when they're really tiny then work up from there, ending up at 15min on 45min off, 24/7,

far too lazy to hand water bud...:rofl:

Cheers mate how much water do you think each plant gets at 15 mins watering @stu914

1 hour ago, Baron von greenback said:

Cheers mate how much water do you think each plant gets at 15 mins watering @stu914

Never measured it bud, I've got between 4 and 9 plants in the system at any one time and the res is 100ltr...

Size and stage of growth determines their needs, the res gets changed every week to ten days anyway

as some elements in the nutes will be depleted by then.

On 05/02/2023 at 6:42 PM, stu914 said:

Never measured it bud, I've got between 4 and 9 plants in the system at any one time and the res is 100ltr...

Size and stage of growth determines their needs, the res gets changed every week to ten days anyway

as some elements in the nutes will be depleted by then.

Cheers mate

• Like 1

looks good to me, what are you  feeding them, and at what ec.

those roots look healthy, have you considered topping the plants.....i would, will make them bush out a bit

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

looks good to me, what are you  feeding them, and at what ec.

those roots look healthy, have you considered topping the plants.....i would, will make them bush out a bit

feeding ionic grow, been using that stuff for years, ecis around 1-1.2 in both buckets

thought about topping but i usually LST when doing NFT in the past

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How's the PH on your water, I had this problem last year and never even thought about it until I checked, corrected it into the right range and it cured itself