IPTV anyone?

HazyDaze

Just now, Hippie on hill said:

I got booted from that group 

Soz man not my doing as im sure you are aware. Thought I recognised the user name  lol . Im sure you have "enough" of what ya need 

• Like 1

@Diddy I'm not saying that the Shield does more (apart from games I suppose),I'm saying that they do everything that an enigma can do.

We use Firestick that a mate doctored £60 a year all sky Amazon .Apple TV load of film apps everything on tv always perfect picture been using it 4 years bloody brilliant. While the mrs pays £130 a month for sky bloody max.

• Like 1

Apart from take a mix of sattelite and cable feeds. We could go on all day mate these are my opinions. I think my dad's and my zgemma cost like £120 for the pair. Think the shield is more than that for one...Now with my old man suffering from confusion with some things I can change his channel and reboot his box turn it up/download more lines all from 500 miles away. With my own my misses can just pick up a remote control and use the thing as if it were a SkyQ box with all of the options on their like pause/rewind live tv just like those who pay £120 a month do.

On another note funny story - About 2 years back when i was renegotiating my old mans virgin package which is just BB and phone I was haggling away on price with this guy when he said oh but our speeds are 3x faster than the best rival (Old mans cable feed is actual cable rather than the fiber lines offered elsewhere) and his local area only has top speed of 66mb for the fastest fibre.

Anyway he tells me the speed and I say oh I don't use much internet...only for the guy to say well last month he used 300gb...the month before that he used.... and so on. I just laughed and said oh yeah he does like a bit of streaming lol I still stood firm though and made him match the best offer from the competitors. I DID feel a bit of a tit though lol 

• Like 1

End of the day it's whatever works for you/him.I hate change so I can only imagine how he'd react if you rocked up with a brand new Shield.

Just now, Devon Cream said:

While the mrs pays £130 a month for sky bloody max.

IF you MUST go legal then at least call them up when your out of contract and give a months notice...Tell them cost of living. As a rough guide only accept half price for whatever you decide to keep. With my dads condition I very nearly pulled the trigger on Virgin Medias full package for my dad @ £75 per month that was any time calls to anywhere inc mobiles and int. Full UHD on everthing. 2 boxes, 1000gb super duper fucking fiber lol and an unlimited O2 sim. The install was booked until I sat and thought - nah my old man is coping with what is there with help from me and my misses logging in to change his channel or whatever...at least it keeps him chatting to us when we are not there...All done through Alexa of all things lol .....So I simply cancelled and he is back on his 250 speed i think and unlimited home phone for about £22 per month for 18 months.

Short version please look up money saving expert or av forums and search for the term retentions....You will find the relevant threads and will be able to see what kind of deals others have been able to haggle so you know what to expect when you call them...Never be afraid to just say nah sorry thats not low enough and bid them good day. They will call back next day and try again. 

Sometimes you have to go through the process of leaving,the new ISP will then contact your current provider to tell them that they're taking over & you'll then get a phone call offering the best deal,it's always worth lying your arse off as well,get those extras thrown in for nowt.

• Like 1

Just now, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

I hate change so I can only imagine how he'd react if you rocked up with a brand new Shield

Exactly mate. TBH I have the same issue here in my own house. Misses is partially sighted (thinks im adonis coz i just tell her that lol ) - so as far as screens go she isn't great. But she knows every single button on our remote and the writing on TV she can read close up so it really is the only option for the front room TV.... 

One thing i will say is the first couple of firesticks were painfully slow lol . My niece has one and my brother has one...it makes my eyes bleed watching them try to turn a channel over.

From the first 4k onwards they've evolved somewhat,even the lite is lightning quick,perfect if you're not bothered about 4k & even better if you wait for them to go on sale.

Thinking about it,we got my Grandad one of those TV10 remotes that you can program,he loved it until he started accidentality reprogramming it.

Edited by Rhubarb & Flustered

I need to renew my IPTV on my firestick. I bought 12 months off some bloke online and it worked great. until we got to 12 months and a day... Then it stopped and I cant get hold of him to renew the subscription. 

Is Real Debris an IPTV type thing or a kodi build? If it's the latter I spent years pissing about with those and they're forever breaking.. plus the live tv never worked 

Real Debrid is just a file hosting site,think megavideo without the option to play files on the site or a gobby German.

• Like 1

I use Kodi (Xenon build). Needs updating every so often but it's far less complicated than all the IPTV stuff, I don't understand any of that lol

Real debrid will allow you access to a load of different online storage sites with just one user/pass so when you use the dodgy prerecorded movie and tv apps it can follow the links to the HD rips.

I've never really felt the need but many say it makes Kodi work again and makes other apps find more HD links for them