Hyper sensitivity to THC ?

purepotstill

sounds like even those strains with a tiny percentage of cbd are having these affects on people ..spoke to a friend recently who gave away his ghost train haze for the same reasons ..increased heart rate panic ..i suggested the cream caramel cbd strain ..i must admit when i tried it my brain was saying you aint getting high chap ..but what came from that was i noticed it was bodily affecting me ..calm ..reasoned thinking ..relaxation to the muscles ..some cbd strains messed me up rotten cos of the change in thinking that came with them but cream caramel and chem beyond diesel are just harmonious to our endocannabinoid systems ..well worth considering if anyones struggling with their usual smokes ,

• Like 6

That's how I find it, the kinda weed that relaxes my body also tends to chill my head out. I'm all about the couchlock lol I prefer 'body' weed to 'head' weed, if that makes sense. Weed that makes me think tends to make me think of bad shit, and causes anxiety, and I kinda smoke weed to get away from that shit lol I prefer to go down than up, cos up is where anxiety lives lol

But isn't that the amazing thing about cannabis, that it can be a stimulant or a sedative (and a psychedelic too) :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 9

Ok, lots of infos here. Basing on the different testimonies here, I'll stuck to "pure" CBD and THC strains for this time. Already have some Sensi Alpine Delight CBD but they are Sativa dominant. May try Sweet Seeds Cream Caramel Auto standard and CBD. And a Sensi Skunk#1 for the wife.

@Boojum: life's strange... I was persuaded I was a high, intellectual and racey trip amateur, and it seems I'm just the opposite. It's not a problem except for the two dozens of Sativa dominant seeds I bought :wallbash:To be clear, my anxiety purely comes from a physical sensation. I don't specially think about bad things in my life or past, just about my body going bad, with a speedy heart and veins about to explode in my brain :smokin:

@vince noir rock n roll star: I'm not sure I've understood your writing well, but you're saying these symptoms are caused by CBD ?

Just now, purepotstill said:

To be clear, my anxiety purely comes from a physical sensation. I don't specially think about bad things in my life or past, just about my body going bad, with a speedy heart and veins about to explode in my brain :smokin:

The way I see it is that smoking cannabis can increase your heart rate (not to any level that should cause concern, just a bit faster than normal). Some strains of cannabis (the 'head' kinda strains) not only make me think more, but also make me more aware of stuff I don't normally notice (it kinda sharpens everything up). Including my heart rate. And cos I'm suddenly aware of it that makes it beat a little faster, and it seems to me that it's beating too fast, which makes me panic, and it beats faster... It's that panic loop.

• Like 4

Ok mate I was a heavy smoker doing buckets all day started getting affects like that then I thought people were following me so stop all together that was 20 years ago now if I have a little one Skinner think the coppers are coming through the door weed certainly got a lot stronger may be your body telling you it's time to slow down but on the other hand I hope it goes away and you can start enjoying it again cause I miss it especially with the choice now it was black or soap bar in my day 

• Like 3

I genuinely don't think it's about doing too much. It's about doing the wrong strains for you.

Smoking the wrong strain for me can properly fuck my head up :ouch:

Smoking the right strain for me can sort my head out when it's properly fucked up :)

• Like 7

Well, I still have a very enjoyable experience when micro-dosing. I was simply questioning about why do I have to micro-dose today when it wasn't the case at all younger. And I'm wondering about a possible aggravation. Don't want to stop weed, I love it. I'm going to dig the strains rabbit hole with an almost pure Indica growing this time, THC and CDB strains, and will see where it leads me.

That said, micro-dosing has its advantages : a yield lasts long.

Edited by purepotstill
  • Like 3

I'd ask what folks here recommend a good chilled out, no anxiety kinda strain is to grow :)

I was recommended Cream Caramel and it's a really nice, chilled out smoke :)

(I kinda micro-dose, a couple of tokes of a spliff lasts me for an hour or two, until I start drinking :bag: )

• Like 3

Just now, Boojum said:

I was recommended Cream Caramel and it's a really nice, chilled out smoke :)

Yeah, it's on my list, both standard and CBD.

6 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

Try a high caryophyllene strain.. often has a peppery spicy dominant aroma.

I'd like to, but bot easy to find something about different terpenes found in a strain. Have a fav one ?

Chewing whole black peppercorns can help calm the effects down if  in a hurry. I'm tending towards Black Domina types for the calm stones.

• Like 2

I note this one for a next grow. I've just ordered some Cream Caramel Auto and Auto CBD. This grow will probably be one of each, one Sensi Skunk#1 for the wife and the Sensi Alpine Delight CBD which is a pure CBD strain (1:30 announced).

• Like 2

One of the massive pissheads came to the pub the other day and announced he now has an alcohol allergy, maybe it can happen with weed too :(

Gutted for ya man, hope you find something that works for you  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KC said:

One of the massive pissheads came to the pub the other day and announced he now has an alcohol allergy, maybe it can happen with weed too :(

I'm like that now. Some largers make me feel like total crap, leave me anxious for days and I get a rash. As I've got older I've collected other allergies too, and something in some weeds is among them.

It, pot, makes the allergy symptoms worse when something else is setting off the symptoms. If there's no cheap lager/pollen/mold spores/cob webs around, it's just mild by itself.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 3

Well, I'm already allergic to some pollen and take some antihistamines daily.It doesn't look like an allergy, I think @Boojum's right with his "choose the right strain" hypothesis. Yesterday evening, made a mix with some Purple Sunset, which is an Indica dominant, and some CBD flower I've bought (called Meringue, but don't know more about it) and it was a fine, mild experience. Can't wait to start my next grow, just a few weeks before I can, wiil make profit of this time to set everything right.