Complete Novice Yield Questions

Jackie Treehorn

I grow in a .60x.70x.80 tent with a Migro Aray2 and an Ac infinity 4" fan/filter set up. 2 plants in coco in washing up bowls,  1st plant gave just over a jar 2nd plant still going looks to have 2 maybe 3 jars on it, 1st grow with this set up, could probably fit 3 in there too. For my own meds it's proper cost effective aswell, roughly £1 ish a day,

@Jackie Treehorn if it was myself then as others have said  I'd upgrade to a much bigger light, 480w at least for that space, or I'd invest in a smaller tent, either one really, hope it goes well

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Thanks mate. Sounds like I definitely should be giving them a lot more water than I have been. Way off base there by the sounds of it. Good luck with your virgin grow - it sounds like you've got the hang of it already. :yep:

Yeah but I wouldn’t just up the liquid unless environment is changed I.e light and then all the other elements in the g-room will need dialling in but like peeps have said nearly 1g per watt is like very good thank you please .peace Goohfy.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

the tips get very close to the light towards the end of the grow because of the 1m height

you can grow auto flower OR photoperiod & train ur plants to be short; squat, with ties

like so

large.FF823918-A893-4809-BEB1-C21AAC80D988.jpeg

which gives u nice short plants a bit like 

this

large.315B300E-FBF7-4B20-9706-BFE03211F741.jpeg

there about 600mm high from the floor, iirc

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 5
18 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

you can grow auto flower OR photoperiod & train ur plants to be short; squat, with ties

like so

large.FF823918-A893-4809-BEB1-C21AAC80D988.jpeg

which gives u nice short plants a bit like 

this

large.315B300E-FBF7-4B20-9706-BFE03211F741.jpeg

there about 600mm high from the floor, iirc

mystic

That looks awesome, Mystic. How far into the grow do you start training?

On 21/01/2023 at 11:23 AM, Jackie Treehorn said:

How far into the grow do you start training?

I did a quick tutorial here index.php

the only thing I would change/I'd say, to add, is a last stage after the flowering stretch to remove all the lower fluff & bud sites that won't receive much light

mystic

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

remove all the lower fluff & bud sites that won't receive much light

For me, next time, I will do this with EXTREME PREJUDICE!

I lollipop and defoliate with this in mind, but next crop I shall be a lot more harsh and I shall also prune minor branches, focussing solely on the 8 Main stems from a triple topping (or extremely diligent LST).  My aim being to focus the plant on just 8 awesome and dense buds, rather than 4 of those and a load of lower quality buds.

Too much fluff makes Midge a dull boy (and quite grumpy due to the extra manicuring required).

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, mysticriver said:

I did a quick tutorial here index.php

the only thing I would change/I'd say, to add, is a last stage after the flowering stretch to remove all the lower fluff & bud sites that won't receive much light

mystic

Nice guide mate. Appreciate that. Looks drastic but I can clearly see the benefits :yep:

• Like 1
22 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

For me, next time, I will do this with EXTREME PREJUDICE!

too right - I left a grow where I didn't do the last defol after the stretch & was left with a load of supplementary that didn't need to be there

like you, now I only leave the stems that have reached the full height of the canopy

mystic

• Like 1

@mysticriver your simple guide man, it helped me out big time when I had to downsize to a .60x .70x .80 tent, it's not the sort of terminology that I normally use but thank you for that brother you done me a solid

:bong:

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...
On 20/01/2023 at 0:41 PM, Jackie Treehorn said:

Hi folks, 

New grower here. On my third grow and been lucky so far with healthy plants and no real issues. I have a question about yield though.

I've been growing autos under 200W LED. I chose autos for ease (although from reading this forum perhaps that's the wrong thought process) and also because I have a height problem. I'm growing in a crawl space and so can't get more than 1m height from light to floor. I understood that autos are shorter and therefore would suit me best. I also just wanted one less thing to think about so after reading up on easy-to-grow strains went for Blue Dream Auto from MSNL. I have had more success with the free Lemon Haze Autos that have the Blue Dream with tasty bud but the yield on all plants so far has been very low. 1 - 1.5oz per plant. I've had four plants in a space 1.5mx1.5x each time and they've grown up to a few inches below the light so I think the space I've given them is fine. I've started with Biobizz light mix and gone easy on the feed, building it up each grow but have not noticed any difference in yield. Biobizz grow, bloom and CalMag. I've tried a bit of Top Max and Fish Mix in the latest grow but again can't see any difference TBH.

The one thing that reading this forum has shown me is that I think I am underwatering. I read so much before starting my first grow about overwatering so I went really easy with it but now I'm thinking too easy. I've never noticed any signs from the plants that they aren't getting enough but I think I should be giving them more. To give you an idea, I've been growing in 3gallon fabric pots (3/4 full with light mix) and once established am only giving them about 500ml each, even through flowering, once every other day. The plants seem happy and are ready for another water pretty consistently 48 hours later but I know the yield could be much better. Is this too little? Should I be saturating them and then leaving them longer between feeds?

Any help appreciated. 

JT

That yeald is good for autos they Don't yeald any thing like photos so we'll done with that I'm still learning myself so happy growing 

45 minutes ago, Grow lady said:

That yeald is good for autos they Don't yeald any thing like photos so we'll done with that I'm still learning myself so happy growing 

Thanks GL. I took the advice on here, upped the water and added a 300w LED, and it's pretty much doubled my yield.

JT

5 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Thanks GL. I took the advice on here, upped the water and added a 300w LED, and it's pretty much doubled my yield.

JT

Auto's are not massive yealds try photos there loads better for yeald but they will need veg time so don't believe that its fully done in 3 months its 5 months ruffly but each plant is different what lights are you using in your area and what size