Carbon filter letting out smell

Whammyc

5 hours ago, Devon Cream said:

Why is it on here if people do more than 10 plants they get snidey comments on higher numbers?. Is it because higher numbers folk think there bang at selling? People should be able to grow how many they want be that one or a thousand had no relevance on there life what folk do. They make extracts etc creams balms they use a fair amount for the returns maybe it’s jealousy who knows. Hope you get your problems sorted to the original poster.

We used to grow 300 plants

on a 4 by 8 foot Flood table .

Would bud the plants after one week at 4 to 6 inches in height. with roots

They would bud out at a height where the branches would not form and trimming /harvesting was simple and quick..All nice buds even in size..great way of doin fast crops :)

Anywhere from 2 to 4 pounds deepening on the strain.

It's the way we did it 35 years ago eh

Granulated Rockwool  and the Original 6 pack from Home Grown was killer...

Dutch nutrients changed the micro nutes and well..the rest was history:thumbdown:

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, JonDaMon said:

when I was being interviewed under caution they were trying to get me to say I shared it with my wife.  

It's quite disturbing how their system works really. I wonder how I'd explain that one. I grow for some relief for my wife's illness. Saying I didn't share it with her would just make me look mean. Best just be careful I suppose. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Clubs said:

It's quite disturbing how their system works really. I wonder how I'd explain that one. I grow for some relief for my wife's illness. Saying I didn't share it with her would just make me look mean. Best just be careful I suppose. 

even when they were driving me home they were grilling me about local dealers. 

at the time I had been self sufficient for a few years and even said that to them in the car. 

my actual response was “how the fuck would I know when I’ve been doing this for the last 3 years to cut out people like that” lol  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thai Stick said:

At what point is a grow considered too big to be personal?

I ended up at someones grow the other day where she had around 300 plants in 5 gal air pots in a lovely greenhouse thing that is mosquito netting around all the sides.

Sounds all good and impressive until you see the plants standing max 20-30cm high and yielding no more that 7g dry a plant.

Yielded more from my single Psychosis bx #5 under 240w of light......

A couple friends of mine do 1200 that’s over all plants cuts mums vegging plus flower I wouldn’t wanna be watering and cutting those numbers for sure.

• Like 1

Just dont brag about what you have or haven't got, not  everyone needs to know your business imo.

But I guess some people like to throw big  number plants/yields out there too,  looks impressive isnet. 

You know what ppl are like at showing off, human nature for you.

Do what you suits you personally, don't worry about what the next man has or hasn't got!

• Like 6

Back on track.to.your question, I could imagine 35 plants would kick off some high humidity and rumour is high humidity will ruin a carbon filter alot quicker and if you did 35 last time on a full cycle then I wouldn't imagine it'll last as well as you thought when buying it. 

Buy a thicker bed filter

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lildaveham said:

Look guys some folks grow 9 plants at a time, 4 times in a year.

Some folks grow 36 plants once a year.

Some folks put one plant in flower every 2 weeks if perpetual.

Maybe half of the crop is to be for hash and half for bud to smoke? 

:yinyang:

Exactly mate,i can grow indoors for 6 months rest of year is to hot for indoor and am not prone to walk in the woods with canisters anymore lol

When a numbers are at play I saw guy here grows a kg out of a single plant while I fail to get there with 30 plants in compost lol

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 2

thanks, yeah its been in a storage container for a year so i imagine the damp has got to it. annoying but ill have to get a new 1.

as for those banging on about the numbers. i mentioned 35 because whenever i read peoples questions in there people often ask them how many plants how big is the area etc etc to give a better answer 

dont get on a high horse because you're not doing numbers, everyone single one of us becomes a criminal once we crack some seeds. so its a bit silly to take a moral high ground if you're only doing smaller numbers.

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HazyDaze said:

Just dont brag about what you have or haven't got, not  everyone needs to know your business imo.

But I guess some people like to throw big  number plants/yields out there too,  looks impressive isnet. 

You know what ppl are like at showing off, human nature for you.

Do what you suits you personally, don't worry about what the next man has or hasn't got!

I think people should know

what can and can't be done

the way I see it..

big numbers are good if they can be handled

Less time growing each year..... if it's illegal..

either way yer goin to court..

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, gb1 said:

I think people should know

what can and can't be done

the way I see it..

big numbers are good if they can be handled

Less time growing each year..... if it's illegal..

either way yer goin to court..

exactly mate, i don't know how people cant handle 35 plants. lol  its not hard to grow. 

Edited by lildaveham

13 hours ago, Whammyc said:

I have a 4250m3 fan set to run about half speed. And the filter is the same rating so not sure why it's not working. 

It has been in storage until I've got it out to use it again. 

how long in storage ?  and in humid conditions ?

your in veg now.....whats the humidity in growroom ?

Edited by DutchFox

Just now, DutchFox said:

how long in storage ?  and in humid conditions ?

your in veg now.....whats the humidity in growroom ?

was put in storage early 2021 until recently humidity is around 50% i had it up alot higher before because it was veg. 

gonna be flipping them soon. i know when i leave them a few days between feeds as they get dryer and dryer the smell doesn't seep through 

Just now, Whammyc said:

was put in storage early 2021 until recently humidity is around 50% i had it up alot higher before because it was veg. 

gonna be flipping them soon. i know when i leave them a few days between feeds as they get dryer and dryer the smell doesn't seep through 

when smell is not critical in veg with clones...most guys i know dont use the filter...with the high humidity of say 80-90% to save the filter...

was even working with amnesia haze clones....they connect the filter when flipping..

Edited by DutchFox

3 minutes ago, DutchFox said:

when smell is not critical in veg with clones...most guys i know dont use the filter...with the high humidity of say 80-90% to save the filter...

was even working with amnesia haze clones....they connect the filter when flipping..

thats mental they would of stunk out the whole house without a filter lol 

4 minutes ago, Whammyc said:

thats mental they would of stunk out the whole house without a filter lol 

not all have neighbours.....  :)

• Like 2