Acclimatisation

Ghilliee

Hoping to put autos out 3 weeks earlier this season and hope there's no sudden cold spell.

Reason i hope to harvest a perfectly cooked plant in the sunshine not scrounging what i can in the pouring rain fecking hate getting a soaking for so little reward.

I knows it wont be perfect but expect 100+ days for autos outdoors if u use that as a rough guide u can work back and work out when to sow them and plant out u want auto's out a couple of weeks old at most.

Most of that is what i read on here and from limited experience with autos.

Glad i edited not take up more space. lol 

I know it can happen peeps but think about it we are in january and have temps of 13/14c in some places we would be very unlucky to hit a frost late April especially if u live by the coast.

Edited by murphyblue
  • Like 1

On 11/01/2023 at 7:13 PM, Ch@ppers said:

Straight outdoors unless your in a heat spell with blinding sunshine, you don't need an acclimatisation period otherwise. Not in Northern European lats, with either photos or autos, never did it once, straight outside after being under lights. 

Hi @Ch@ppers just want to clarify this process so I know what to do when the time comes. 

So you germinate your seeds, once added to soul they’re outside immediately?

Then you let them grow into a seedling. While still being a seedling you will move them to there permanent grow site? 

thanks for any advice!  

4 hours ago, Amateur E said:

Hi @Ch@ppers just want to clarify this process so I know what to do when the time comes. 

So you germinate your seeds, once added to soul they’re outside immediately?

Then you let them grow into a seedling. While still being a seedling you will move them to there permanent grow site? 

thanks for any advice!  

No mate 14 or so days under flouros then straight out :yinyang: no faffing around at the start of the season, time is of the essence to get them into the ground. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

No mate 14 or so days under flouros then straight out :yinyang: no faffing around at the start of the season, time is of the essence to get them into the ground. 

Edited by panik
  • Like 1

On 11/01/2023 at 8:49 PM, murphyblue said:

we are in january and have temps of 13/14c in some places we would be very unlucky to hit a frost late April especially if u live by the coast.

Yeah, well tonight will be -5ºC where I live (by the coast). 2ºC maximum tomorrow during the day. Will be below zero every night until Friday. Next daytime with double figures forecast (i.e. only 10ºC) is Saturday...

Anywhere north of the English Midlands can easily have frost in April, even in May.

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

is this the same for both autos and photos? 

Edited by Ghilliee

Just now, panik said:

Yep

Thanks- what about light cycle? 
Intuition tells me it would be best to try match the light cycle outdoor for photos as for them not to click over to flower, however autos can we run them longer? 

26 minutes ago, Ghilliee said:

Thanks- what about light cycle? 
Intuition tells me it would be best to try match the light cycle outdoor for photos as for them not to click over to flower, however autos can we run them longer? 

we have had great success on 17/7 :yep: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

Perfect examples of no hardening off needed. 

You lads are on a different level to me at that. Impressive stuff. 

Good to see the royal approval. 

• Like 4

On 15/01/2023 at 3:25 PM, Ch@ppers said:

Hi @Ch@ppers, apologies I quote messaged this yesterday and it didn’t send.

my idea was the grow my seedlings in a window getting sunlight but would you advise against this? I can look at getting a flouro, wouldn’t know where to start with that but can definitely look into it!

if it’s not possible to get a flouro, what else would you suggest ?

thanks for all the advice!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Amateur E said:

Hi @Ch@ppers, apologies I quote messaged this yesterday and it didn’t send.

my idea was the grow my seedlings in a window getting sunlight but would you advise against this? 

Nope, I wouldn't advise against anything as there's always someone going to come along and say "But I started on a windowsill" :yes: what they won't tell you is their plants looked stretchy as fuck :yes: best start for the plants is under a flouro yes you can start them in the window but BEST is under a T5 or similar.Go into a legal clone nursery abroad, there's a reason the cuts are under lights. large.Screenshot_20230117_164506_com.android.chrome_edit_2652075299073.jpglarge.Screenshot_20230117_164655_com.android.chrome_edit_2716638421980.jpglarge.Screenshot_20230117_165032_com.android.chrome_edit_2666204907925.jpglarge.Screenshot_20230117_165105_com.android.chrome_edit_2691212674067.jpg

• Like 9