1.4m x 1.4m tent, is a LUMATEK ZEUS 1000w XTREME PPFD CO2 overkill for the space?

ukdabs

Hi ya'll, im looking to get an LED for my 1.4 x 1.4  setup, ( i no strange size tent but its ideal for my space, as i cant fit 1.5 x 1.5 and its better than 1.2 x 1.2) 

i want to buy a top of the range LED, and id like to get around 1000watt, incase im ever able to increase my space it will come in handy.

Trying to find peoples opinion on the scenario im in, is the lumatek zeus 1000 xtreme ppfd co2 too much lighting for my space at full blast? i will try keep the canopy fairly  low as i can i guess..

thinking i might get the controller with it so i can dim it to say 90%.

And i understand i need some co2 because of the extra power, im looking to do the bottle technique with sugar and yeast, any one have any idea on the PPM levels that makes?

thanks!

Yeast is a joke,bottle you can control but it's pricey with all needed gadgets.

600w sounds perfect for that space,or 600w pro if you use co2. Or get a 1000 and run on 60%,but sounds like wasted 500pounds.

If it's your first grow I'd go with ventilation instead of co2 bottle.

• Like 2

It's overkill for sure. I get that you might have a bigger space in the future but personally I'd rather have multiple smaller fixtures over one giant one, you get more even coverage and you can adjust them to different heights if you have taller/shorter plants.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ukdabs said:

And i understand i need some co2 because of the extra power, im looking to do the bottle technique with sugar and yeast, any one have any idea on the PPM levels that makes?

You also need all other environmental parameters perfectly in check to make use of the extra light and co2. 

• Like 2

ok thanks for the replies, what is the best cost efficient way to keep the floor warm? i hear need to compensate some heat when not using hps?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Personunknown said:

Electric blanket and extract from the bottom of tent intake at the top @ukdabs:yinyang:

thanks would i put the in the tent or outside underneath, and is that safe?..... 

I put it under the liner you get with the tent (in tent) , and yes there washable and have to be accident safe for elderly people i guess, ive used one for years, (not the same one though):yinyang:

3 hours ago, Personunknown said:

I put it under the liner you get with the tent (in tent) , and yes there washable and have to be accident safe for elderly people i guess, ive used one for years, (not the same one though):yinyang:

thanks do you leave it on 24/7?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Personunknown said:

Electric blanket and extract from the bottom of tent intake at the top @ukdabs:yinyang:

sorry just trying to get how would extract at the bottom of the tent, like the filter and fan would be at the top....just run the duct out the bottom?

2 hours ago, ukdabs said:

thanks do you leave it on 24/7?

Plug it into an inkbird  (other brands are available)

I leave the elc blanket on 24/7 with a reptile heat controller to keep the root temp at 20 c ish and my filter outside the tent where i extract to , blowing through it rather than sucking through it, hope this helps ,atb:yinyang:

Edited by Personunknown

im running a flowering space its 9 ft 4 inchs long +28  inch wide....i guess its around about 1.4 MT cubed,im running 2 x lumii`s black...at 800 watts atm,in the near future i`ll be running them at 1200 watt give the dope that extra nudge ;) bring out the bud`s... :skin_up:

Edited by thekingofobsolete
mt
  • Like 1