outdoor ganja harvest in Nepal

Nepalesehashmaker

I bought what was called Nepalese hash in Rotterdam one time. It was black hash 

The best black hash I ever smoked. And I’ve smoked a lot of black hash of varying qualities in my time … Even go as far to say it was the best hash I’ve ever smoked 

I spent a few days parked up in my converted truck by some very long sandy beach somewhere in Holland consuming it 

to be fair it may have just been made in Holland , prob the sweepings off some factory floor or something  .. was lush tho.. maybe it was real I dunno 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LA LUNA said:

Nice 1, sounds brilliant ! I can only imagine it would a beautiful place to trek !

is security an issue or are you ok off the beaten track with a clued up guide ?

anyway would be a top adventure !

Been before LUNA, I know where to go :yinyang:

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 4:00 AM, panik said:

@Ch@ppers
im sure I have over a kilo of seeds from that exact plant in the picture above in my fridge you sent me a few years ago from Nepal .. :yep: 

on the website if anyone needs any 16ft Nepalese landrace.

There’s one growing in my tent at this exact moment. I have not been kind to it at all. Very abused. 

No herm tendencies yet, so that’s neat.

theyre (as expected) a bit behind some indica dom plants that were flipped at the same

time. 

• Like 3

On 1/8/2023 at 6:59 AM, catweazle1 said:

@panik Whats the flowering time like? I could handle 16 weeks. The size doesn't bother me, I can work with it.

Mine is on track for something like 16 weeks flower. Maybe a bit less. Hard to speculate at only 6 or so weeks in

Edited by Cajafiesta
  • Like 3

Yeah I’d love to go up to Nepal to 

only reached as far as foot of the Himalayas … was wrong time of year to go any further North… 

don’t know if I will ever make it .. 

would love to go up there tho.. who knows 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Erbman T said:

Yeah I’d love to go up to Nepal to 

only reached as far as foot of the Himalayas … was wrong time of year to go any further North… 

don’t know if I will ever make it .. 

would love to go up there tho.. who knows 

Been to every country the himalayas touch, Pakistan, China, Bhutan etc, did the everest basecamp trek, incredible mountains :yinyang:

• Like 4

You truly av got around a bit innit Mr Choppers 

i does love India I does .. would love to go back again 

scored some alrite weed down South India.. shoulda kept the seeds in retrospect … 

Everything else I got was hash … most of it shit…

monkeys stole my whole stash aswell as my pipe while i was up Kodaikanal … the fuckers 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

Preferred the north of India, kashmir, ladakh, HP, but I did also enjoy rajasthan. 

Yeah I only really got as far as Pushkar in Rajastan so not even really too near the beginnings of the mountains 

spent 5 months the first time but covered a lot of ground on those sleeper trains.. I’m more into nature than cities but I did some cities to… pretty horrible .. from my experience I prefer the South where it’s green and lush with lots of fresh coconut in the cooking .. I woulda liked to get up into them mountains tho 

I imagine you as one of those dudes on Strain Hunters.. guessing your a bit older than me..bout a decade I’d say 

you actively were checking out cannabis growing different parts of the world yeah ? Still are by the looks.. That’s how it seems 

pretty cool… stuff of my dreams really cause I was interested in growing from I was a teen pre internet … but you seem like some different kind of breed ha. 

anyway … Ladakh I hear the roads are interesting getting up there 

Edited by Erbman T

7 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

Preferred the north of India, kashmir, ladakh, HP, but I did also enjoy rajasthan. 

I saw some Kashmir Early seeds on a landrace dedicated outlet that liook interesting. Short and 8 weeks. Hash plant.

Edited by catweazle1

• 8 months later...

I've not been here for a very long time as life has been VERY testing in recent years...

I'm jumping on to say I've been growing @Ch@ppers Nepalese beans.

I'm finishing up the second cycle now. Seem to be a minimum of 16 weeks although looking more likely 20 (confined to an cupboard).

So far - 
Grow 1 - 

Popped probably 20 odd. Kept anything that sprouted within a week and binned the rest. 
Kept the nicest male - relatively quick to flower, a nice aroma etc. 
Crossed this male with the remaining females. 
These beans where named JP M1 x Ch@ppers Nepalese LR

Grow 2 - 
Popped 20 or 30 of the JP M1 x Ch@ppers Nepalese LR.

Popped 20 to 30 of the Ch@ppers original stock. 
Kept the nicest male from the JP M1 x Ch@ppers Nepalese LR - quick to flower (JP M2). Removed anything slow growing or too leggy. 
Added in the only GN Luang Prabang that sprouted (fortunately a fem).

Allowed JP M2 to pollinate 3x Ch@ppers originals, 3x JP selected females and the Luang Prabang. 

This grow is coming to it's final month or two. Finally some very nice scents coming from the JP M1 x Ch@ppers Nepalese LR batch. 

Will run some autos over winter to keep the temps up in my grow space but next April or so will run the third batch. 
These will be:
JP M2 x JP selected fems

JP M2 x Luang Prabang

I think I may get a bit of height taming on the third run as they have been a lot more comfortable in the space on Grow 2 than Grow 1. Although, still been aggressively leant and tucked to fit into 6 foot of soil to light space. 

Will retain:
JP M1 x Ch@ppers Nepalese LR

JP M2 x Ch@ppers Nepalese LR

These can be used for later Bx or you know, just preservation purposes. 

The Luang Prabang looks like it might run to 24 weeks flowering (MINIMUM!!!). These beans are hard to pop and I don't think I'd have the patience to do it again so looking forward to trying JP M2 x Luang Prabang the most. Still got 30 or 40 or these and some Khmer Gold remaining - possibly for next year :)

Peace :smokin:

Edited by j0eperry
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back to say I expect the harvest the first of this crop by the end of this week (I think that's 18 weeks). 

Not sure which this is until I can see my label on the far side of the pot again. It's either a @Ch@ppers og Nepalese or a gen 2 from my selected male and fems. Probable yield about an Oz (grown in 3 litre pots - I know but selection musts!). This is the fastest of the bunch in there at the moment, smells of, well at the moment all of the major terpenes, I can't find something that isn't tropical fruits or pepper or pine or citrus - maybe lacking humulene?!

Can honestly say looks and smell wise it is a long way above the heavily seeded or traditionally cured buds I have had anywhere on my travels - although I don't dispute the interest in the genetic pool still left available to use. 

This is about as original I can get to a local variety sativa grown to it's best in a 5 ft cabinet - high altitude resin production notwithstanding. 

I'll be able to take couple more of them in another 2 weeks, although one may run a bit more but it's my best of the gen 2 and looks like a nice variant - pistils are a minimum of 30mm long, which isn't something I've had yet in the 20 or so fems seen from the og or gen 2 (until this one). Will probably ending up using the beans from this to cross with the [LP X Gen 2 Nepal]. Hmmmm need to come up with some variant names soon to stop this getting too confusing, although that sounds fun. 

I expect the get around 6 Oz from what was originally 12 plants, whittled down to 6 fems and a male. Not massive yields but they really aren't in their natural habitat. Excited for further generation of the selections, crossed and originals. 

Good news is the luang prabang is starting to finally show signs of turning and I guess another 4 weeks unless is spits out again - so definite minimum of 22 weeks. I'm very excited to use some of it for hash, some for a cob and some to try and have a trippy meditation session one evening. It have NEVER meditated previously and this one is selling me the concept for a good time. 

Also, I can't wait to try the luang prabang X nepalese gen 2 and see what gems they may show me. 

Time for me to slap a good indica or two in the cab, it's been a sativa season for the last 7 months! Still need to get a Khmer Gold sprouted next year too!

Thanks to @Ch@ppers for getting the Nepalese, GN for the LP and @panik for getting them to me! 

Peace :smokin:

Edited by j0eperry
  • Like 3