Hello from Nepal

Nepalesehashmaker

9 hours ago, Thai Stick said:

Damn. 

I was wondering how to take the resin off my hands. 

My hands were caked in resin and was very difficult to take off. 

So difficult it pulled the skin away from my thumb nail. lol

After trimming, if I have no gloves, I use a bit of butter and rub my hands with it - comes right off no hassle.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Thai Stick said:

Damn. 

Use the resin to “stick” to the resin. It’s difficult at first. Get a little mass piled up on your thumb. Then press your thumb into your hand where you want resin removed. Sorta quickly twist/pull once you can tell your thumb is stuck to your palm. 

resin sticks to resin better than it sticks to skin. It’ll peel off like that. Varying temps (hotter, colder try it all) will maybe help too

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LA LUNA said:

Rub your hands in olive oil first, give them a good scrubbing then wash the oil off with a bit of washing up liquid !

Could you not use disposable nitrile gloves when hand rubbing ?

This method works well..I use  veg cooking oil and sugar or salt, then wash off with washing up liquid.. the sugar or salt really helps by creating a scouring action to help the oil break down the resin 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Thai Stick said:

Damn. 

Swarfega mate. Or Olive oil, washing-up liquid & sugar

• Like 4

Do none of you guys actually try and save the resin off your hands? 

Almost every suggestion ended with washing of the hands.. lol

I am literally having a go at making charas.

Lost story short, had a plethora of semi failed plants I had to throw outside that actually turned out pretty damn decent.

Whilst manicuring them getting ready for the chop, my hands got covered in the stuff. 

I did have nitrile gloves on but I ended up ripping them on the bamboo so just went with bare hands. 

My hands became like rat trap they were that sticky. 

Trying to stick it to itself and collect it up kinda worked but not like expectations. 

It was the sticking to itself with a quick twist a pull motion, thumb on thumb that caused them to stick together and literally unstick my nail from thumb when I pulled apart.... lol

Doing this in 35'c heat definitely didn't help at all either and I wasn't anywhere near a fridge half way up a mountain. lol

Ended up scraping it off with a knife. 

But yea, would love to hear some tips or techniques for charas if anybody has ever heard any. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Thai Stick said:

lollol I try my best not to get it on my hands tbh think this has been misunderstood and you clearly mean when making charas.. good old fashion rub and roll it would seem.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Thai Stick said:

Damn. 

Heat a nice knife..Be care not to cut into your fingers and hands

Its a learned technique

Learned in JA :)

works awesome once ya get it goin

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Revive said:

@Nepalesehashmaker dude I watched a lot of your videos last night while I was chilling out.

You live a very simple and peaceful lifestyle and I like that.

Your dogs are awsome, do you ever worry about them having encounters with the leopards??

Or do they stay away from the dogs?

Do you keep your dogs inside at night time.

You really love your ganja man.

Enjoy :yinyang:

Before the lockdown I was living in the city with my parents in a nice house and everything I needed was there for me. I moved to this farm right after the covid 69 virus hit and our country went to lockdown.  I had to rent an ambulance to move here with my 2 dogs. After moving to this farm, I started raising chickens, ducks and turkeys. Then is when them Leopards started coming to my place. Juming a 5 feet fence is easy for them. I had 10 ducks who lived outdoors in a lil pond I have. The leopard took 9 of them, One morning the leopard had almost taken my turkey, Sophie and I chased the leopard off but that cat did kill my turkey but couldn't take it. My dogs sleep indoors with me. I have dogs all my life and all the dogs I have had has always slept with me in my room, whether it was in my parents home or here at the farm. I don't have water supply here, so every morning at down I have to make a trip down to the forest carrying a 20 gallan empty jar, when I reach the forest, I fill my jar with water and haul it up to my farm. That trip is always scary cause I do that trip at dawn when its still dark and I know there are leopards lurking around, so I always carry a sickle. 

https://youtu.be/2XRNXv5djPc

Imagine doing this trip when its pitch black and all I have is a sickle and my phone's flashlight. I thought I could just bring my dogs with me, and I did once try bringing Sophie but she just took off and them I had to go look for her.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Thai Stick said:

Almost every suggestion ended with washing of the hands.. lol

I’m only small time mate :D

if I wanted to recover the resin I’d wear gloves !

5 hours ago, Nepalesehashmaker said:

I don't have water supply here, so every morning at down I have to make a trip down to the forest carrying a 20 gallan empty jar,

I bet it’s tough going but that view must be worth it, Stunning !!!

• Like 1

On 08/01/2023 at 4:53 AM, Thai Stick said:

Damn. 

This happened to me years ago. Leave it to dry properly on your hands, then rub them together to make rolled boot laces. Pick off and add to the lump. That's handrubbed charas. Just keep testing periodically after you have finished to see if it rolls. It will go bogey-like. Wash your hands, smoking skin oil is rank.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Thai Stick said:

It was the sticking to itself with a quick twist a pull motion, thumb on thumb that caused them to stick together and literally unstick my nail from thumb when I pulled apart.... lol

Are you trying to "lever" your thumb off your palm, or trying to pull it straight "away" from your palm?  I've never done it with intent, but I've rubbed a couple colas for fun while in the field.  I've never had any issue doing the "thumb-to-palm" idea.  But I always used a "lever" motion rather than pulling away from my palm in a "level" manner.   The dude's I've watched do it on video in India and Jamaica seem to do it this way.  

The knife idea seems logical and perhaps path of least resistance.  You could always make a little fire wherever you are ( if forest fire risks are low, you know?) to warm the knife and then scrape that way.  That will certainly work.  I've never met resin that could protest against heat and steel. 

• Like 1