dead hygrometer.. suggestions??

BilgePump

As the title suggests I've got a dead AirComfort.

Apparently the 4th time in a bucket of nutes was too much for it lol

I also have a half dead AirComfort :unsure: Still does temps but the rh sensor is shagged (no rh displayed in app at all) and a fully functioning govee Bluetooth jobby (which I like, it's good I think).

My question is thus.. are there any better examples for approximately the same kinda price point? (AirComforts are still 30 notes and let's be honest, not the best)

I've had a gander on Jeff's river and blimey there's loads!

Anyone using the inkbird example?

ATB BilgePump

:yinyang:

I use the govee devices and, TBH it's pretty good, quite suprised me how good.

Edit: I also only have the two govee's..so maybe they are both crap & miles out , I wouldn't know lol

Edited by unity
added stuff
  • Like 1

Govee's here too. 

My 2 have been pretty accurate out of the box, calibrated after 6 months, no adjustment needed.

• Like 1

I use a lascar temp/humid logger not sure on the price the now got it years ago. I looked at those air comfort readers but put me off walking past some houses that I know grow and it flashing up on Bluetooth I’d be proper para.

• Like 2

@Devon Cream I hadn't even thought about that, I'm renaming them immediately!

I've been using the AirComforts forever it feels like, first clocked em on Facebook when Devon chilli man was shouting about them, if I'm honest they've caused more grief than convenience

@unitywere they at least on par with eachother regardless of whether they're feeding you lies?

Two AirComforts sat next to eachother might as well be in separate rooms sometimes , the govee seems pretty constant and tells me a similar story to my purple AirComfort whereas orange was full of fanciful bullshit on the regular (thankfully it's the one that packed up)

It's looking like I'll probably be getting a couple more govees if that's the go to , kinda thought it might be, the screens handy too , I like a meter you can look at, I look at the AirComforts but mostly thinking "these look like little Dyson fans” and "fuckin work you c#@t" 

Now I think about it the govee has normal batteries too so less hunting down the illusive cr2450n button cells.

@mikeydoughnut I clocked the govees have jumped a fiver or so for the basic Bluetooth version, considering they've got a few pros over others I don't think I mind that

I'm a cheap bastard so got the ORIA Indoor Outdoor Thermometer, [Newest] Digital Temperature Humidity Monitor with 3 Wireless Sensors (river),been spot on for almost a year now.

Tempted to try the ThermoPro TP357 just for he bluetooth,you get two for just over £20.

Just seen Brifit ones,no idea if they're any good or not but you get two for £17,which is cheap for mini with bluetooth isn't it ?

Edited by Rhubarb & Flustered
  • Like 2

@BilgePump don’t think you can change the names on them pal I told the people who where using em sure they said that! Nutters as soon as I knew that it would be gone lol 

@Devon CreamYou can change the device name on ac's and govees , you can't really hide the fact it's a hygrometer though so "lizard vivarium" and so forth should suffice for a visible cover story ..I hope...

@Rhubarb & Flustered I saw those brifit dongles , I must have missed them being that cheap mind , that's pretty good

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 1

I use an Inkbird (older version no app required) to control a tube heater. It seems fairly accurate and  my cheap as chips hygrometer seems to agree.

My Switfair fan controller (again cheap version) is not as responsive. It could be down to my positioning of the probes.

Do you wanna know were I put them?

7 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

@Lux_Interiori'm not sure lol

I get the impression yer dying to tell me though...

My Swiftair is dangling near the top & my Inkbird is right up my canopy.

• Like 2

My thermostatic controls are on my floor (240w tube in a hypocaust type set-up) again no app or ort , I use a habitstat for that I'm decidedly analogue by nature me.

I'm fighting getting a controller 69 or similar because I struggle with tech , right now I have a myriad of knobs and dials I tune like a weird steam punk creation and i can cope with that , just about.

• Like 1