2023 Season

Alskae

I’ve thought about a few spots near me, but, even in South Wales, I can’t imagine many truly remote places left. If I get a build up of seeds one day, I’ll probably out a few about the place and see what happens 

regarding the water, if you can have a filter, and store it in a light proof container, you should be ok for quite a while like that.

Edited by Dreamer420

Guest Micromole Hole

Get digging some nice spacious holes and bang in the bags of compo with the native - the depth and radius of the hole will create a dark moist environment in the blasting summer heat. Pots are no good for unattended spaces - my 30 litre pots always dried out in the blistering heat - doing that with autos would be a spliff on a stick through stress. Grow some photoperiods up indoors for 5 weeks - top them and bush them out to manage size and bang out mid May in a bag of compo - will result in some beastly trees .

24 minutes ago, DutchFox said:

no problem for using this compost... :) 

you can mix it with some coco say 50% -50%...our plants like air to the roots.

there are dried coco blocks...easy to tranport to plot...just need to water them in at plot....or lie them there now....plenty rain coming down now...

Alright thank you for the advice I've took fresh comp to the plot now but now I know I can use that I might experiment doing some in ground, as I said in main post native soil quality is quite poor so I could just dig a hole and fill with 50-75L of comp for some of the photoperiod strains.

Also I bought some Perlite which I found for cheap on offer would you suggest mixing that in with the fresh compost which I am using in the fabric pots for the autos and some of the photos?

• Like 1

Best of luck. it's a rollercoaster of buzz and enjoyment also shitting yaself.its bloody great hahha 

You want to put em straight in the ground , much more forgiving on the watering and more self sufficient.

Research super soil, that's what you want. Worm castings at 30 percent and perlite at 25 percent. Fish blood and bone meal, manure and kelp meal in the mix.

Let it 'cook' for 4 weeks before you plant out. I pop them middle April in garden then transplant at 3 weeks old with slug collars

Autos are most certainly not more forgiving, any stunts in growth really effect the outcome.

Photos are so much more forgiving as lots of time to sort themselves out.also lots of heavy training/topping/ fimming can be done.

I have had more rot with autos than photos.FACT. 

A mid summer rain will screw you in flower than a mid October piss down.

As for genetics I would be going real gorilla seeds for photos.lool nowhere else.

I chopped a fast zkittles on 11th November this year 5 percent rot .

What a beast 

Good luck

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Alskae said:

Alright thank you for the advice I've took fresh comp to the plot now but now I know I can use that I might experiment doing some in ground, as I said in main post native soil quality is quite poor so I could just dig a hole and fill with 50-75L of comp for some of the photoperiod strains.

Also I bought some Perlite which I found for cheap on offer would you suggest mixing that in with the fresh compost which I am using in the fabric pots for the autos and some of the photos?

yes cocos and perlite both bring air to the soil :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alskae said:

If a miracle occurs and there's a long period without rain its going to be an arse ache hauling loads of water to the plot will also increase the chance of being found if I'm visiting constantly, would it be worth digging a hole and putting a water-proof tarp inside to collect rain water when it does rain or would any nasty bacteria build up which could affect my plants in any way.

I've took a few 5L bottles of water so far so once I've used them up I could fill with rain water depending on how much I can collect but once again would any bad bacteria or anything that could harm the plants negatively build up inside the bottle or would it be fine.

dont worry about water quality,,,,, :) 

in dry times ..i gave stinking water with dead mice in it ...from my water hole to plants.....they loved it  !!!!  :) 

ps: corpses are great vertilisers :) 

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 3

I dug a nice sized pit for water at on spot this year I'm trying to minimise or no carrying water to plots.

Any one know if a tarp is OK instead on pond liner and pond membrane 

1 hour ago, B-real said:

Any one know if a tarp is OK instead on pond liner and pond membrane 

I think it should be okay if you buy heavy duty tarp rather than cheap flimsy stuff.

9 hours ago, DutchFox said:

dont worry about water quality,,,,, :) 

in dry times ..i gave stinking water with dead mice in it ...from my water hole to plants.....they loved it  !!!!  :) 

Good to know it's just confusing cause I hear some people say filter and bubble the water for oxygen and then some say its perfectly fine to use as it is. My nan used to use unfiltered rain water on all her vegetables and that so yeah can't imagine it would be bad just didn't know if there was any bacteria which could like fuck the roots up or be bad in some other way.

• Like 2

Oh yea, won’t need filtering for the plants as such, I was meaning a basic filter to stop leaves and twigs and shit blocking your collection system into the bottle or whatever you use.

11 hours ago, Micromole Hole said:

Get digging some nice spacious holes and bang in the bags of compo with the native - the depth and radius of the hole will create a dark moist environment in the blasting summer heat. Pots are no good for unattended spaces.

Alright mate I'll have to give that a try judging what people are saying on here I'll probably do half in ground half in pots. At quite a few of places at the plot there's quite big rocks (not natural to the area just been dumped there) and quite a lot of big slabs which prevents all the space being usable for in ground but should definitely be possible to do half in ground though and rest in pots.

My first 3 I attempted which were stolen were in pots 2 of them where bubble kush automatic, didn't need to be watered as much as you'd think but obviously the weather can affect that but they were 3-4 weeks into flower and were smelling proper fruity, they got to about 70-80cm tall in 12L fabric pots started outside from seedling. I might try find some photos from my old phone of those autos.

• Like 1

Just now, Dreamer420 said:

Oh yea, won’t need filtering for the plants as such, I was meaning a basic filter to stop leaves and twigs and shit blocking your collection system into the bottle or whatever you use.

Oh I get you now mate going to buy a 2x3m heavy duty tarp and dig a hole basically and put the tarp inside to catch any rain incase of dry days then bottle it up so it doesn't evaporate from the tarp. Would algae growing in the bottles be an issue I assume that's why you mentioned light-proof container, they are just clear plastic bottles would a couple of black bin bags be enough to stop the light or no?

I've left water in 2 litre bottles in a bush for the season using tap water .

But yh not sure about already contaminated water.

I think with the rain we get the water in the "pond" should be okay jus cover top with bag maybey.

This approach is new to me usually carry 20litres in a back pack .

Those days are done.

1 hour ago, Alskae said:

Oh I get you now mate going to buy a 2x3m heavy duty tarp and dig a hole basically and put the tarp inside to catch any rain incase of dry days then bottle it up so it doesn't evaporate from the tarp. Would algae growing in the bottles be an issue I assume that's why you mentioned light-proof container, they are just clear plastic bottles would a couple of black bin bags be enough to stop the light or no?

a couple of times i have had mice biting tiny holes in the tarps....i saw it when i wondered why the holes were not filling after rain....

as i said before...animals like mice are atrracted to water....and drown ...best thing is to put in a couple of branches so they can climb out of the waterhole...

dont worry about bacteria ...algea etc...its nature :):) 

to fill a water hole you need extra square meters of tarp.....say 5x4 meter is 20m2.

1 mm of rain is 1 liter......so you get 20 liters with that tarp...

10 mm rain is 200 liter....

if you use pots....take out 90% of the bottem for the roots....

not 100%...then the pots tent to sink in the bottem....

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Alskae said:

Alright mate I'll have to give that a try judging what people are saying on here I'll probably do half in ground half in pots. At quite a few of places at the plot there's quite big rocks (not natural to the area just been dumped there) and quite a lot of big slabs which prevents all the space being usable for in ground but should definitely be possible to do half in ground though and rest in pots.

mmm....are you sure its not an old chemical dumping site....?....try to google the history of the plot....

• Like 1