Hash Into Vape Juice

Efka420

There's a wire wool type pad for concentrates with the volc when bought new. @CloudSurfer never used mine ,could be a bit messy?

Edited by Personunknown
  • Like 2

So you take the weed that's perfectly fine on its own, squish it through a machine it's not designed for (hair straighteners can't be cheap) , mix it using heat and some isolated terpenes and long chain molecules, squish it into a vape cartridge and cook it over a metal heating element that may or may not explode, and inhale the vapour given off that's about 5% active ingredients 95% other? 

Better to just vape the bud no? 

• Like 3

Slippy's not letting this one go :D

You're making this sound worse than it is mate. I extract the active material with heat (hair straightener was £15) , mix it with a diluting agent (thinner, which I am yet to decide what is the best option to go for) and vape it.

The effort input for convenience output long run will be well worth it for me as I don't smoke much and one full tank of liquid will last me a good month or two.

Edited by Efka420
  • Like 1

@Slippy One

Dabbing Pure rosin trumps dry herb vaping in the health department, so op should get a Dab pen and forget about vape jucies

No need to add anything to it after pressing Bud into rosin for dabbing purposes.

Hair straightners are a great cheap way to make rosin for dabs, rosin press prices have gone up recently, them cheap £100/120 ones have gone upto £200 now. COL probably playing a part as dabs go a long way compared to bud, driving up the value.

Edited by Military Grade
fixed the context
  • Like 4

I made some vape juice using rosin, but I made it a bit weak. If I were to do it again I would use a dropper to get the exact consistency and literally add just enough to dissolve your rosin. I believe if my memory serves me correctly, you need at least 70% PG. This will strip out every terpene in it, which means it won’t smell when you vape it, but you can taste it. I took mine to a pub and vaped it outside no probs. 
if you’re making rosin tho, as @Military Grade said there’s nothing better than a dab. :yep:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Flamedodger said:

I made some vape juice using rosin, but I made it a bit weak. If I were to do it again I would use a dropper to get the exact consistency and literally add just enough to dissolve your rosin. I believe if my memory serves me correctly, you need at least 70% PG. This will strip out every terpene in it, which means it won’t smell when you vape it, but you can taste it. I took mine to a pub and vaped it outside no probs. 
if you’re making rosin tho, as @Military Grade said there’s nothing better than a dab. :yep:

Thanks for your reply! So I can simply buy a PG vape juice and mix it with the rosin, heat it up and it'll be good to go? Any chance you have a link for the PG that would do the trick? I don't wanna mess this up lol and so new to this... Always used to just light up really, this is all new to me.

10 minutes ago, Efka420 said:

Thanks for your reply! So I can simply buy a PG vape juice and mix it with the rosin, heat it up and it'll be good to go? Any chance you have a link for the PG that would do the trick? I don't wanna mess this up lol and so new to this... Always used to just light up really, this is all new to me.

Well if you don’t want to mess it up don’t do it, lol

As a start though, google wax liquidiser, that’s pretty much off the shelf and has instructions :yep: You will need to use oil pens when you vape it, no using kanthal wicks.

Edited by Flamedodger
Info

What kind of buzz does huffing a wax liquidiser have? It all seems a bit diluted. Who wouldn't want to just inhale the rosin without all the goo? Surely ditching the vape cartridge idea (they're cheap and universal) and just buying the best rosin vape would save time/money?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Slippy One said:

What kind of buzz does huffing a wax liquidiser have? It all seems a bit diluted. Who wouldn't want to just inhale the rosin without all the goo? Surely ditching the vape cartridge idea (they're cheap and universal) and just buying the best rosin vape would save time/money?

I’m not advocating, just pointing a fella in the right direction. I do agree, dabbing is the best way to enjoy rosin :yep:

• Like 2

I’ve made THC vape liquid before. 

when I first tried it I made QWISO and used some straight PG (VG will seperate the lipids and fats and not dissolve)

PG was way too harsh (I’m a DIY vape mixer anyway) 

then I tried PEG400 which is what a lot of the wax liquidisers use aswell PEG400/300/200 mixes. Taste was too plasticky. 

then when I began doing BHO I thought I would try again to make some vape juice. 

after a lot of more research mainly from USA sites I found C8 MCT oil (this is not an oil per se in the normal sense) as alot of folks In the USA were cutting with MCT. 

worked really well but you have to get your ratio at about 2:1 THC:MCT this gave me the best hit where I could have 5 pulls on a pod vape system with ceramic heating coil. 

im yet to try terpenes as this is supposed to be the safest method of liquidising the THC concentrate. 

But at like £40 for 1ml of Terpenes or something stupid like that I figured I’d wait lol  

I made a couple of Rosin carts using Terpenes and Rosin, they work well using 4 drops of Terpenes to 1 gram of Rosin just enough Terpenes to make the rosin viscous enough to get into the coil.

large.63b717b605dba_Rosincart.jpg

• Like 3