Is this root rot

and_121

Thanks mate for the info I’ll have a read over that, so do you think I should bring it back up to the net pots or leave a small gap for the roots to breath :yep:

• Like 1

Bring it up to the net pot....just tickling the bottom with bubbling air....a little trim of the roots will soon have the buggers coming out of every space :yep:

The covering of the stones will help with this as well.

• Like 1

You think I should trim the roots? Do you mean by covering the clay balls will help sorry to be a pain asking so many questions just don’t want to make a mistake :sweaty:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, and_121 said:

You think I should trim the roots? 

Yes...but be aware.... @badbillybob and @stu914 would disagree with me here....so seek everyones opinion b4 doing it.

A little trim of the very bottom would promote more lateral root growth imho :yep:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

@stu914 would disagree with me here..

Ahem....have another look at my first post...never mind a 'little trim'...bit more brutal than that...

....along with a prune topside to balance things up and I reckon they'll be ok.

I've always worked on the principle that whatever pruning you do to the top you can also do to the bottom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stu914 said:

Ahem....have another look at my first post...never mind a 'little trim'...bit more brutal than that...

I've always worked on the principle that whatever pruning you do to the top you can also do to the bottom.

'right back to the net pot' - man after my own heart you are stu :in_love:

And yeah....what goes on above...so below.....so have the tops out at the same time @and_121 as long as you have enough sets of runners :yep:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, and_121 said:

You think I should trim the roots? Do you mean by covering the clay balls will help sorry to be a pain asking so many questions just don’t want to make a mistake :sweaty:

as a rule to thumb ya should always remember roots like oxygen as well as water....finding the perfect balance is the sweet spot,when i ran NFT i`d have the pump on a timer for the first week or 2...slowly increasing the water flow hourly as the roots progressed + hit the spreader mat :D  then the film technic kicked in + not before !!!  + oxy plus is your friend. :beer:

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 1:00 PM, zen-ken said:

Go to the website and have a read of the materiel there.....once you have that down try scienceinhydroponics for some really up to date info and hydrobuddy is just gold 

credit:CCH2O and Dr Fernandez 

Thanks for sharing such a valuable source of information, mate! 
:notworthy:

• Like 1